What's new

Discussion Games

CallummL

CallummL

Valiant Overseer
Reaction score
Sin$
There was once a time that I knew exactly what games were coming out, what was hot, what wasn't and what hidden gems there were. I considered myself a proper gamer and thought I always would be. However growing up, having a career and other things that are going on I rarely find myself playing my Xbox anymore.

I love having lazy weekends recently and I've found myself playing my Xbox a little bit more, however I'm quickly becoming bored of my current selection of games. (Baring in mind there's not many as I've recently just bought a new Xbox after selling my PC and PS4).

I'm looking for a game with a brilliant story line, full of exploration, something I can spend days on without getting bored. I love games like Assassins Creed, Fallout etc.

What are your suggestions?

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Story mode? Hands down rdr2.
Probably the only game I’ve bought that I felt the story was worth the 60 bucks.
Online gaming? GTAV. 5 years strong. And still going.
Another decent story mode was mafia 3.
Gtav also had an ok story mode.

CallummL

CallummL

Valiant Overseer
Reaction score
Sin$
Story mode? Hands down rdr2.
Probably the only game I’ve bought that I felt the story was worth the 60 bucks.
Online gaming? GTAV. 5 years strong. And still going.
Another decent story mode was mafia 3.
Gtav also had an ok story mode.

Played GTA V from the PS3 days then on to PS4 until I sold it a few month back, I'm all played out on that game tbh. Mafia 3, I played a little bit of but I found it very repetitive so never ended up finishing it, although heard they've done tons of updates to it now. I'm not going to lie, I never played Red Dead 1, does the story continue or?

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Played GTA V from the PS3 days then on to PS4 until I sold it a few month back, I'm all played out on that game tbh. Mafia 3, I played a little bit of but I found it very repetitive so never ended up finishing it, although heard they've done tons of updates to it now. I'm not going to lie, I never played Red Dead 1, does the story continue or?
Rdr 2 is the prequel to rdr1.
Red dead 1 story wasnt bad either but you start in a spot where you dont know much backstory. I wish they would have remastered red dead 1 and gave it as an addon with the purchase of rdr2.
I will tell you I am one of those “must finish it” people and rushed through story mode the first time around. The second time I went back and completed 100% and in order. Defininitely worth the second playthrough.
Should have taken my time the first time. I missed so much speeding through it.
You wont make it 50% playing the entire weekend. (That’s 48 hours solid) the game is content rich and had my dad coming over every weekend to watch. He ended up buying an xbox one and rdr2 just to play it.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm in the exact same boat as you my friend, believe me when I say the feeling absolutely sucks. The last game I really finally found some enjoyment and nostalgic feelings from was RDR2 and The Witcher 3. I highly recommend both but The Witcher 3 is an amazing game + the DLC adds basically an entirely new game. I also recommend Skyrim Special Edition if you do PC gaming, you can download Nexus Mod Manager and completely change the game with mods into something new, refreshing, and unique.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
With you and Vegeta Vegeta . Comes down to us just having played everything.. For me, I've been around gaming since the early ages and I've just about seen it all and played it all.

The last game on the Xbox I played and enjoyed for a decent amount of time was RDR2. If you haven't played it or the first one from what you've said. I would definitely hop on that train if you're bored and looking for something new to sink hours and hours into. The new Resident Evil 2 remake is pretty nice as well. Not quite as long tho to beat, but thrilling. Might have some fun with Anthem. I'm assuming you've played everything else before 2019.

I basically play here and there throughout the weeks. Right now I play a little DMC 5, Forza Horizon 4 and League of Legends.

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
There was once a time that I knew exactly what games were coming out, what was hot, what wasn't and what hidden gems there were. I considered myself a proper gamer and thought I always would be. However growing up, having a career and other things that are going on I rarely find myself playing my Xbox anymore.

I love having lazy weekends recently and I've found myself playing my Xbox a little bit more, however I'm quickly becoming bored of my current selection of games. (Baring in mind there's not many as I've recently just bought a new Xbox after selling my PC and PS4).

I'm looking for a game with a brilliant story line, full of exploration, something I can spend days on without getting bored. I love games like Assassins Creed, Fallout etc.

What are your suggestions?
I have played the crap out of the Elder Scrolls games, the Fallouts (Not 76, because that doesn't count), the Bioshock franchise and the Witcher series. Lately I have ran out of stuff to play. Anthem has fun gameplay and exploration, but there is very little content there, and most of it is broken. The Division 2 doesn't scratch that itch, it's a well made, functioning game, but it's not what I'm looking for. So while I wait for Borderlands 3, I'm just roaming around in ESO, fishing and looking at the view. So if you find a game that fits what you just described, please let me know. I need it.

CallummL

CallummL

Valiant Overseer
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm in the exact same boat as you my friend, believe me when I say the feeling absolutely sucks. The last game I really finally found some enjoyment and nostalgic feelings from was RDR2 and The Witcher 3. I highly recommend both but The Witcher 3 is an amazing game + the DLC adds basically an entirely new game. I also recommend Skyrim Special Edition if you do PC gaming, you can download Nexus Mod Manager and completely change the game with mods into something new, refreshing, and unique.

I got rid of my PC as I stopped using it, there was a kid down the road pestering his dad for one for his birthday and I gave him a real good deal knowing full well he would get the use out of it. I do sort of miss it from time to time though haha! Definitely going to get RDR2 I think, seems to be the most common suggestion right now.

With you and Vegeta Vegeta . Comes down to us just having played everything.. For me, I've been around gaming since the early ages and I've just about seen it all and played it all.

The last game on the Xbox I played and enjoyed for a decent amount of time was RDR2. If you haven't played it or the first one from what you've said. I would definitely hop on that train if you're bored and looking for something new to sink hours and hours into. The new Resident Evil 2 remake is pretty nice as well. Not quite as long tho to beat, but thrilling. Might have some fun with Anthem. I'm assuming you've played everything else before 2019.

I basically play here and there throughout the weeks. Right now I play a little DMC 5, Forza Horizon 4 and League of Legends.

Me and my friend was having the conversation the other day, we've been gaming since the age of being able to hold a joy stick/controller whatever. So these days there's just noting spectacular. I was recently told about Cyberpunk 2077 and to be honest, I'm looking quite forward to that, not sure if you're aware of that? I've done nothing but play FH 4 for the past month haha.

I have played the crap out of the Elder Scrolls games, the Fallouts (Not 76, because that doesn't count), the Bioshock franchise and the Witcher series. Lately I have ran out of stuff to play. Anthem has fun gameplay and exploration, but there is very little content there, and most of it is broken. The Division 2 doesn't scratch that itch, it's a well made, functioning game, but it's not what I'm looking for. So while I wait for Borderlands 3, I'm just roaming around in ESO, fishing and looking at the view. So if you find a game that fits what you just described, please let me know. I need it.

I was so ready for Fallout 76, what an abomination of a game... (I'm a big fallout lover). I liked the look of Anthem but I've heard and read nothing but bad things so it really put me off, but I think there's potential for future updates to improve the game and maybe I'd try it out if that happened. I enjoyed The Division for the first week but found it extremely repetitive, how's number 2 in that sense?

And of course, if I find that one I'll be sure to hit you up!

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Me and my friend was having the conversation the other day, we've been gaming since the age of being able to hold a joy stick/controller whatever. So these days there's just noting spectacular. I was recently told about Cyberpunk 2077 and to be honest, I'm looking quite forward to that, not sure if you're aware of that? I've done nothing but play FH 4 for the past month haha.
I am looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, whenever that comes out. Master Cheif Collection on PC has me excited too and I also have FH4 but I barely play it. I played the first 3 so much I'm burnt out atm.

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I was so ready for Fallout 76, what an abomination of a game... (I'm a big fallout lover). I liked the look of Anthem but I've heard and read nothing but bad things so it really put me off, but I think there's potential for future updates to improve the game and maybe I'd try it out if that happened. I enjoyed The Division for the first week but found it extremely repetitive, how's number 2 in that sense?

And of course, if I find that one I'll be sure to hit you up!
I haven't spent very long in Division 2 yet, because I get bored after about 30 minutes every time I try to play. It is in theory a good game, however I find it dull. From what I've seen when watching others play, they are still doing the same things I'm doing 20 levels later.

I've looked at Cyberpunk 2077 too, and that looks like a winner. And I am interested in what The Outer Worlds will be like, Obsidian knows how to make good games. Check out the trailer if you haven't seen it already!

CallummL

CallummL

Valiant Overseer
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't spent very long in Division 2 yet, because I get bored after about 30 minutes every time I try to play. It is in theory a good game, however I find it dull. From what I've seen when watching others play, they are still doing the same things I'm doing 20 levels later.

I've looked at Cyberpunk 2077 too, and that looks like a winner. And I am interested in what The Outer Worlds will be like, Obsidian knows how to make good games. Check out the trailer if you haven't seen it already!

That's how I was with the first one, and I've just watched the trailer for The Outer Worlds, I'm sold, the original creators of Fallout and the developers of New Vegas, just from the trailer you can sort of tell it'll play extremely similar I'm excited!

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
That's how I was with the first one, and I've just watched the trailer for The Outer Worlds, I'm sold, the original creators of Fallout and the developers of New Vegas, just from the trailer you can sort of tell it'll play extremely similar I'm excited!
Yeah, I have really high hopes for this one, I'm just trying to hold back a little. Been disappointed too many times lately. But man, this could be really, really special. I just hope they take their time and finish it before they let us dive in.

CallummL

CallummL

Valiant Overseer
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I have really high hopes for this one, I'm just trying to hold back a little. Been disappointed too many times lately. But man, this could be really, really special. I just hope they take their time and finish it before they let us dive in.

Definitely, I'm done with pre-ordering games, I'll wait until there's some decent gameplays on YT and some reviews before purchasing. As I'm the same too many disappointments lately.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I really only find myself enjoying multiplayer games these days. There hasn't been to many good story or single player games lately in my opinion. I usually only have time to play a few matches of multiplayer these days anyways. Can't keep up with every game anymore so I just stick to a few games and maybe pick something else up every once in awhile. I find myself going back to older games though and can still enjoy those but I'll still get bored no matter what game I'm playing these days. There's just so much more in the world than video games. I don't really have any good recommendations other than to play older games or to just go do something else.

you can play this in real life for $0
Difficulty Level: Realistic
I don't recommend this game. Not fun. You can make money doing it though. Dirty money.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I really only find myself enjoying multiplayer games these days. There hasn't been to many good story or single player games lately in my opinion. I usually only have time to play a few matches of multiplayer these days anyways. Can't keep up with every game anymore so I just stick to a few games and maybe pick something else up every once in awhile. I find myself going back to older games though and can still enjoy those but I'll still get bored no matter what game I'm playing these days. There's just so much more in the world than video games. I don't really have any good recommendations other than to play older games or to just go do something else.

I don't recommend this game. Not fun. You can make money doing it though. Dirty money.
What happened to us? I dont know your age but Im 35. Have a family and two teenagers. The whole family plays games. But for me like the last few months I have been just like this. Rarely playing games. Same deal too find myself playing older games when I do play and just a couple. Beginning to wonder if gaming in general is just getting old. I found the same thing with watching tv. Just not even watching anymore. Keep thinking to myself “did I finally grow up?” Lol

CallummL

CallummL

Valiant Overseer
Reaction score
Sin$

See Ive always love both single player and multiplayer games, but I hate that the majority of the games these days are online only. I think it's due to the fact that I use to play in full parties, now it's rare for a friend to come on at the same time. Just all growing up, working and doing stuff in our personal life to sit and play xbox/ps together like it use to be. That's why I want a good single player game to pass some time when I'm bored.

Top Bottom
Login
Register