What's new

Question transfering hdd from one xbox to another

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have 500GB hdd in my current 1.6 xbox. And i want to put it in my other xbox 1.0. Possible to do that?

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have 500GB hdd in my current 1.6 xbox. And i want to put it in my other xbox 1.0. Possible to do that?
You would have to unlock both drives first , then lock them to the new xbox so that the system can read off of it.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You would have to unlock both drives first , then lock them to the new xbox so that the system can read off of it.
Unlock the drive via PC, then use key from xbox 1.0 to re-lock hdd, and it should work with xbox 1.0. No extra modifications?

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Unlock the drive via PC, then use key from xbox 1.0 to re-lock hdd, and it should work with xbox 1.0. No extra modifications?
You would still need to unlock the hdd that is in your current xbox so that you can lock the new one.

This is a easy video to fallow if that helps more

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You would still need to unlock the hdd that is in your current xbox so that you can lock the new one.

This is a easy video to fallow if that helps more

It's for cloning.

Ok.

I have two xbox. One have 500GB, other is 10GB. I want to physically move 500GB to other xbox that has 10GB. Not cloning, just move HDD to other xbox.

I unlock 500GB hdd
Then I lock it with new key, from console that has 10GB hdd.
And I put 500GB to console that had 10GB hdd.

I have PC, so i can use xboxHDmaker to lock and unlock or use new lock key.

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's for cloning.

Ok.

I have two xbox. One have 500GB, other is 10GB. I want to physically move 500GB to other xbox that has 10GB. Not cloning, just move HDD to other xbox.

I unlock 500GB hdd
Then I lock it with new key, from console that has 10GB hdd.
And I put 500GB to console that had 10GB hdd.

I have PC, so i can use xboxHDmaker to lock and unlock or use new lock key.
You can definitely unlock the drive and try it that way. I don't remember if you are able to rip the lock key from the old drive and put it on the newer one to allow the xbox to read it properly.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It works. You can transfer HDD to another xbox, unlocking and then re-locking with a new key.

I found anomaly, in xbmc system info i get wrong manufacture date. Other things looks OK.

Top Bottom
Login
Register