Aydind

VIP
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Reporter Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah but the console perk is everyone has the same setup. Thus actual skill comes to play. Not I rendered faster with my 5k pc so you didnt even see me shoot you.
Unless the game has aim assist.

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
It is indeed getting old but it happens to everything, life, game consoles etc.
I'm just here waiting for the next gen. :biggrin:

Fadexz

Fadexz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That’s no joke there. Why on earth is this in most games on console? You got me there.
Try aiming without it.

It is indeed getting old but it happens to everything, life, game consoles etc.
I'm just here waiting for the next gen. :biggrin:
I wouldn't expect anything until 2021 because then the consoles will be 8 years old (same cycle as 360) and prices for hardware will be good enough then for a good price/performance ratio.

T

Taybakhan

Reaction score
Sin$
That's why Microsoft has launched Xbox one x which is truly 4k gaming console with 8 core custom AMD CPU, and 12 Gb ddr5 ram.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I wish that I could return every console, game, modding supplies/tools and use the money to build a good gaming PC. I can water cool, overclock, run whichever OS, hoard TBs worth of old/new school games, add texture packs, game mods, use better emulators, ect.... Damn man. I need the keys to the DeLorean to go back in time.

T

The Sauce

Scraping By....
Reaction score
Sin$
I have an Xbox One X, and an Xbox One S for travel. There is a HUGE difference between the 360 and One. Play GTA on the One for a bit, then go back and play it on the 360, completely different world. Graphics are much more polished on the One(and even better on the X with a 4K TV), loading times are considerably shorter, and the machine is much quieter. With that said, I think the 360 had a much better game library after 6 years.

I like the Xbox One, but I do not like Microsoft or XBox Live. I started out on Nintendo(NES) then moved to Playstation 1 when it came out. Then went to PS2, then jumped over to Xbox after playing Halo for the first time(got hooked, bad). Halo 2 was my first online game, made many friends and that is a huge reason why I remain on Xbox... if all of my friends jumped to PS4 or PC I would likely go as well. I never liked the PS controllers, they always felt too small, but I feel PS>Xbox. I've been toying around with the idea of getting a PS4 since many of my friends play on both, but haven't been able to justify spending the money to end up playing the exact same games.

At this point I think the next gen consoles will have to offer something extraordinary in value or features for me to not go to PC, since I'm about due for a new PC anyways.

Fadexz

Fadexz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have an Xbox One X, and an Xbox One S for travel. There is a HUGE difference between the 360 and One. Play GTA on the One for a bit, then go back and play it on the 360, completely different world. Graphics are much more polished on the One(and even better on the X with a 4K TV), loading times are considerably shorter, and the machine is much quieter. With that said, I think the 360 had a much better game library after 6 years.

I like the Xbox One, but I do not like Microsoft or XBox Live. I started out on Nintendo(NES) then moved to Playstation 1 when it came out. Then went to PS2, then jumped over to Xbox after playing Halo for the first time(got hooked, bad). Halo 2 was my first online game, made many friends and that is a huge reason why I remain on Xbox... if all of my friends jumped to PS4 or PC I would likely go as well. I never liked the PS controllers, they always felt too small, but I feel PS>Xbox. I've been toying around with the idea of getting a PS4 since many of my friends play on both, but haven't been able to justify spending the money to end up playing the exact same games.

At this point I think the next gen consoles will have to offer something extraordinary in value or features for me to not go to PC, since I'm about due for a new PC anyways.
I reckon you should go for a PC it's nice having one. I feel like more and more people are getting a PC and the only reason Consoles are better that I can think of are for the social aspect, I could be wrong but I feel like it's harder to meet people on PC.

bigtony

bigtony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah but the console perk is everyone has the same setup. Thus actual skill comes to play. Not I rendered faster with my 5k pc so you didnt even see me shoot you.
Oh, you're one of those people that blame LAG for not being first in leaderboard matches too huh? lol

Frank

Frank

se7en *clap* sins *clap* review
Retired
Sweet Sixteen! Pumpking Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly, I'm enjoying the X1 still plus I don't have money for the next gen or a new pc rig so I am just happy I'm not obsolete yet!

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh, you're one of those people that blame LAG for not being first in leaderboard matches too huh? lol
Hell no. Just the opposite. I’m the guy that is often at the top of the leaderboard. And when I buy stuff I tend to go all in. I own a gaming rig. I dont play much on pc. I get tired of being called a cheater when I was just obviously better. I also hear the bit about how I have such a better rig I am cheating that way as well. But when its on console it is less. You still hear the occasional “you’re cheating” or “you’re using a lag switch”. But it is less. Plus for me gaming with my kids it’s cheaper to own multiple consoles. And with times trending toward tablets instead of pc or laptop they dont want a pc rig. For those of us that gaming isnt life the console is the better choice. Besides that giving consoles for christmas is great when there really isnt anything left to buy them.
I will agree with everyone that as these consoles get more and more expensive pc does seem like a pretty good choice.

And to the guy talking about aiming without auto aim: the analog sticks are proportional controls. Meaning they slow down the less you move them. It is easy to aim with a controller once you learn how to feather them. Auto aim just shows that developers even realize that console gaming is mostly novice players. Auto aim should be on until a player reaches a certain level then it should go away. It should start off in high assist then lessen as the player progresses until it is off completely.

bigtony

bigtony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hell no. Just the opposite. I’m the guy that is often at the top of the leaderboard. And when I buy stuff I tend to go all in. I own a gaming rig. I dont play much on pc. I get tired of being called a cheater when I was just obviously better. I also hear the bit about how I have such a better rig I am cheating that way as well. But when its on console it is less. You still hear the occasional “you’re cheating” or “you’re using a lag switch”. But it is less. Plus for me gaming with my kids it’s cheaper to own multiple consoles. And with times trending toward tablets instead of pc or laptop they dont want a pc rig. For those of us that gaming isnt life the console is the better choice. Besides that giving consoles for christmas is great when there really isnt anything left to buy them.
I will agree with everyone that as these consoles get more and more expensive pc does seem like a pretty good choice.

And to the guy talking about aiming without auto aim: the analog sticks are proportional controls. Meaning they slow down the less you move them. It is easy to aim with a controller once you learn how to feather them. Auto aim just shows that developers even realize that console gaming is mostly novice players. Auto aim should be on until a player reaches a certain level then it should go away. It should start off in high assist then lessen as the player progresses until it is off completely.

I was just messing with ya anyway..lol
but yeah, I do agree that things are getting pretty old. We need new revolutionary stuff! :biggrin:

G

GoodFellaPro

Reaction score
Sin$
OG Xbox is still best in my opinion. Xbox One UI is a dumpster fire.

Top Bottom
Login
Register