Discussion Opinion on whether or not to purchase an Xbox One in 2019

• Thread starter jamesallenlayman
  • Start date
  • Views 1,782
J

jamesallenlayman

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey what's up guys? I don't play a whole lot of obscure titles when it comes to videogames. Most of what I do is play the Call of Duty series titles online. My favorite is Cod4 MW from back in 2008 on my 360. It's still alive online and its great. It's all I really need.

My question is this. Given the fact that there are rumors circulating about the release of a new xbox console in 2020, is buying an Xbox One worth it right now? I've never had one and I have no idea how alive or dead the multiplayer lobbies are as far as the COD series. It's just that these Cod 4 MW lobbies on the 360 are going to die sooner or later and I'm trying to figure out the smartest move to bring myself up to speed with a newer console that is worthwhile and that will last me a long time.

Thank you for any help and advice.

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't play Call of Duty very often, but the multiplayer games I play seem to be doing fairly well. I only got an Xbox One S recently just so i can give my friend my old one. I'd say it's worth it if money isn't too much of an issue for you, though you can probably easily find one rather cheap at this point.
Just be careful about buying one off craigslist or something, they might try to rip you off by selling you a banned console.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
My understanding is the xbox one will basically still be useable after the next console. Meaning the next console will still be running windows 10 but with better hardware and possibly a portable version. So long as game devs allow their new games to run on the lesser hardware the xbone will still be able to play them. At least this is what I have heard. Microsoft loses money on the hardware so this next round is to push sales of the consoles to make their money on the software. (Games)
Its real likely as lobg as you buy the x you should be fine going into the future.

Special Ops

Special Ops

6 February 1958....CHAMP19NS
Contest Sponsor Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd recommend only updating to an Xbox One X only if you have a 4K TV or else it would be a waste of money. I've got the X and a 4K TV and it was worth the money at the time, now I'm on PC all the time and only use the X for FIFA but it's worth it for the graphics alone!

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
purchase it find a good headset
and be happy that you talk
Yep to purchase it. Really not needed on the headset. We have 7 consoles in my house. All of my kids have cell phones. We just use the xbox app and run our game chat in party and use the cell. Its just easy
I'd recommend only updating to an Xbox One X only if you have a 4K TV or else it would be a waste of money. I've got the X and a 4K TV and it was worth the money at the time, now I'm on PC all the time and only use the X for FIFA but it's worth it for the graphics alone!
even without the 4k tv the console struggles less as it has more power. I would recommend the x over the others every time regardless of 4k tv.

Frank

Frank

se7en *clap* sins *clap* review
Retired
Sweet Sixteen! Pumpking Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, shoot why not. But I have to admit that since all the classics like cod4 and MW2 is backwards the lobbies are still popping so you don't really need to change if that's the only games your gonna play on the X1 but I'd make the change if you really have the money but maybe get the latest model so when the new Xbox does come out your back at square one.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey what's up guys? I don't play a whole lot of obscure titles when it comes to videogames. Most of what I do is play the Call of Duty series titles online. My favorite is Cod4 MW from back in 2008 on my 360. It's still alive online and its great. It's all I really need.

My question is this. Given the fact that there are rumors circulating about the release of a new xbox console in 2020, is buying an Xbox One worth it right now? I've never had one and I have no idea how alive or dead the multiplayer lobbies are as far as the COD series. It's just that these Cod 4 MW lobbies on the 360 are going to die sooner or later and I'm trying to figure out the smartest move to bring myself up to speed with a newer console that is worthwhile and that will last me a long time.

Thank you for any help and advice.

Save your $500 for project scarlet.

Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
New xbox's are coming out I would wait or just build a pc as more and more xbox games are coming and already on pc as it is.

Toby80

Toby80

Reaction score
Sin$
If you can get a cheapish preowned Xbox I think its definitely worth the money. I use mine to watch Netflix/Youtube too which gives it even more value to me.

Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If you can get a cheapish preowned Xbox I think its definitely worth the money. I use mine to watch Netflix/Youtube too which gives it even more value to me.
there is a number of things you can do with the xbox. i never have done the tv thing on the console but that was a good feature. i still have my OG Xbox had it since 2014 still going strong and i don't see the need to update to the newer consoles just yet pretty sure the Xbox one original and the Xbox one s are on the same price point right now for the preowned side.

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
there is a number of things you can do with the xbox. i never have done the tv thing on the console but that was a good feature. i still have my OG Xbox had it since 2014 still going strong and i don't see the need to update to the newer consoles just yet pretty sure the Xbox one original and the Xbox one s are on the same price point right now for the preowned side.
I’ve been able to get the regular XBONE for about $100 sometimes without a controller in my area.

Top Bottom
Login
Register