• Thread starter Derf Jagged
  • Start date
  • Views 446
Derf Jagged

Derf Jagged

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
About 1 in 5 times that I turn on my JTAG, it doesn't display anything on screen or do the green ring of lights flashing on the LEDs. If I turn it off and back on, it boots up fine and otherwise runs great. Any idea what this might be?

irving102

irving102

If you are reading this, you can read.
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
About 1 in 5 times that I turn on my JTAG, it doesn't display anything on screen or do the green ring of lights flashing on the LEDs. If I turn it off and back on, it boots up fine and otherwise runs great. Any idea what this might be?
If its an rgh console it just might be timing files on your chip.

TEIR1plus2

TEIR1plus2

VIP
VIP
Hidden Devils
Frame In Gold Programmer A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
If its actually once every 5 tries, you could try rebuilding and reflashing the nand. The smc has a 5 try limit on its reboot count, normally the try count should be reset to 0 after a successful boot but if something is stopping it from getting reset, it'll just hang when it reaches the limit.

You can try doing the aud_clamp wiring and building the nand for that, it uses a different smc modification.

Derf Jagged

Derf Jagged

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If its actually once every 5 tries, you could try rebuilding and reflashing the nand. The smc has a 5 try limit on its reboot count, normally the try count should be reset to 0 after a successful boot but if something is stopping it from getting reset, it'll just hang when it reaches the limit.

You can try doing the aud_clamp wiring and building the nand for that, it uses a different smc modification.

I'll give that a try! I probably won't mess with opening it back up and rewiring it since it does work. I don't think it's exactly 1 in 5, just about that. I'll pay more attention to see if it is an exact pattern. Thanks!

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll give that a try! I probably won't mess with opening it back up and rewiring it since it does work. I don't think it's exactly 1 in 5, just about that. I'll pay more attention to see if it is an exact pattern. Thanks!
If your switching to aud clamp you will have to open it back up and wire in the transistors/change your jtag to aud clamp .

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I mean just trying to rebuild and reflash.
I hear you . But its boting sometimes, so wont change anything. Basically have a wiring /interference or hardware issue .

Suggest tearing it down to
take a look for now

Could even be a diode failing

Top Bottom
Login
Register