• Total voters
RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

retired boah.
Retired
Bug Finder Glitcher End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
Wrapping up my thirty minutes with this demo now and I've got to say, I'm really impressed with the direction Capcom has been going recently with the return of their Resident Evil franchise. Even though I didn't play it myself, from what I saw from playthroughs Resident Evil 7: Biohazard was an exceptional comeback for the series, stampeding its way through the immense amount of bland and repetitive first-person horror games that have come out over the past five years or so. The story's direction went a little haywire towards the end and seemed sort of rushed at that stage, but other than that I felt it was a step in the right direction for Resident Evil games but also Capcom as a whole.

No difference with this Resident Evil 2 Demo. A return to the third-person story of Leon and right off the bat I was immersed. The atmosphere, lighting, graphics, gore, audio cues... everything is on point from the jump. Within five minutes I was already on my toes creeping down a dark corridor, pretty anxious to walk up to the next corner. Overall I'm really looking forward for this to come out. I was a bit off-put when I heard that there's going to be zero multiplayer or coop to speak of, strictly singleplayer in this day and age of the 2019 gaming industry where multiplayer is a staple - with some developers even scrapping singleplayer entirely to focus solely on multiplayer. However, there is still time for Capcom to make changes to this even though it's something I don't expect to happen. Regardless, after playing through the demo I'll take the singleplayer experience alone if that's what it ends up being. One big tip I'll give everyone before ending this... double tap.

Drop your thoughts on this down below. As well as what you think about the return of the Resident Evil franchise as a whole and what it could mean moving forward.

EDIT - Just a quick edit to say, disregard it mentioning 'demo' in the poll now that this game has been released and rank it with your experiences with the full game. This thread was originally created back when the demo had come out.

Last edited:
BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
This game is gonna be my new addiction.

I thought the 30 minutes weren't enough tbh. Give us at least an hour to wet our whistles... I missed alot of stuff my first playthrough on the PC, but am currently downloading it on X1 to get all the stuff I saw how to do on a video. Watching people do speed runs is pretty neat too. The game is definitely bringing a new spin to an already insane nostalgic trip.

RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

retired boah.
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
This game is gonna be my new addiction.

I thought the 30 minutes weren't enough tbh. Give us at least an hour to wet our whistles... I missed alot of stuff my first playthrough on the PC, but am currently downloading it on X1 to get all the stuff I saw how to do on a video. Watching people do speed runs is pretty neat too. The game is definitely bringing a new spin to an already insane nostalgic trip.

Quite enjoyed it myself and I also felt that 30 minutes was far too little time for the demo. 60-90 minutes would've been more fitting as the 30 flew right by before I could even get a single one of the talisman things or whatever they are. Positive outlook down the road for Resident Evil. Can't wait for this to come out so I can let the immersion take control and get lost in it.

RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

retired boah.
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
A quick update now that the full version of the game is out and playable. Absolutely loving this so far! Wrapped up the section that I had gotten done in the demo and played an additional 90 min - to about 2 hours after that. Honestly didn't want to put it down but I knew it was wise to take a break while I could and make some food before diving back in for the night.

This game is top notch, highly recommend it to anyone that enjoyed previous titles in the franchise or even if you haven't played any of them. It's easy to just pick this one up not knowing who Leon is or anything to that effect. You will constantly be on edge and these zombies are no joke... seriously lol In a fair amount of situations you'll want to flee instead of trying to be a bada** and taking them on.

Unbound 7s

Unbound 7s

0x50676f573
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Really can't wait to play this game after putting in endless hours in RE3 and RE4. Hoping that they remake or at least remaster Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. But yea the demo was really awesome for the short time I played it!

RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

retired boah.
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Really can't wait to play this game after putting in endless hours in RE3 and RE4. Hoping that they remake or at least remaster Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. But yea the demo was really awesome for the short time I played it!

It's really good man, I can't praise it enough. The only qualm that I've had with it so far is that there's no coop mode or something to that effect. Which I'll easily let go if these storylines are long because I'm only about two hours in and I'm hooked. Btw by storylines, yes, there's two! The Leon one of course but then there's a separate one where you can play as Claire which will probably give some more of her backstory and whatnot. Wasn't expecting that.

I'd love for them to continue the way they're going with the RE franchise and remake most, if not all the older games. At least up to RE4 or 5 because this is a complete rebirth for the series imo and I think Capcom needs to utilize this momentum moving forward. Then keep the first person, brand new RE titles separate continuing after Biohazard.

A

avensis18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Resident Evil 2 remake is just excellent. Sumptuous graphics, Level Design almost perfect. A gameplay very well work. It's beautiful, it's scary, faithful to the original game. The sensations of an old-fashioned Resident Evil.

TweakBox word counter Tutuapp

Last edited:
RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

retired boah.
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Resident Evil 2 remake is just excellent. Sumptuous graphics, Level Design almost perfect. A gameplay very well work. It's beautiful, it's scary, faithful to the original game. The sensations of an old-fashioned Resident Evil.

Seriously loving the game myself since it's come out. Just so many positives that you can mention here, many of which you've brought up in your post. Of course people will be complaining about all the backtracking but here it is done right where things change when going back through rooms and hallways you've already been into, depending on if all the Z's in there were 100% dead, etc. People also need to remember that this is a remake. So while there are things changed and improved upon throughout, the game is still solely based around the core of the original.

Overall this game is fantastic. A full-force showing of what a true survival-horror game should look, feel and play like.

Top Bottom
Login
Register