What's new

Discussion Is Minecraft worth getting back into?

• Thread starter Homework
  • Start date
  • Views 2,326
Homework

Homework

CFW 9.99
Grizzled Veteran Donator Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been thinking about getting back into Minecraft recently, but I wanted to ask you guys... Is it really worth it?

I mainly use Technic due to the mods, so rarely using Vanilla.
What are your thoughts? Is Minecraft the same as it used to be and is it worth getting back into?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been thinking about getting back into Minecraft recently, but I wanted to ask you guys... Is it really worth it?

I mainly use Technic due to the mods, so rarely using Vanilla.
What are your thoughts? Is Minecraft the same as it used to be and is it worth getting back into?
With modpacks yes with vanilla no. Vanilla hasn't really changed much we're mods are changing all the time

Homework

Homework

CFW 9.99
Grizzled Veteran Donator Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
With modpacks yes with vanilla no. Vanilla hasn't really changed much we're mods are changing all the time
Thanks for feedback, Red.
I may just get back into Technic. Used to love the gun mods.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope go to Fallout 4 with mods. You have building, killing, and random bugs. What else could you ask for?

Speedball

Speedball

I don't believe in non-believers
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Eh, vanilla is kinda sh*t still. New combat system is eh, new blocks are eh. It's just eh.
Mods are always updating however at a much faster pace than vanilla.

Oggyy

Oggyy

Reaction score
Sin$
Well as a minecraft tryhard I would consider you to come back if you play PC servers like hypixel / hive, etc

Per example I am trying to aim 5000 wins on a game, 2 W/L and have competetive tournaments so yeh.

But if you come back to play solo lol go play hay day XDD

Junmin

Junmin

Reaction score
Sin$
I bought the version for Switch and it became boring after a while. The worst thing is you have to buy the PC version again even if you own the Switch's version and it doesn't make sense for me to pay for a technical limitation by the devs.

M

MrNovember

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I do miss this game but don’t see myself playing it anymore

RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

retired boah.
Retired
Bug Finder Glitcher End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
Only two years late to your question but I'd say to give it a shot. Me and a buddy of mine hopped back onto our Survival server a week or so ago and we fell in love with it all over again. Let alone the nostalgia of seeing all our old, massive builds that we created and/or forgot about that were on there but combined with the fact that MC got the improved PC port over to Xbox awhile back - really breathes new life into the game.

I'd highly suggest trying out the BDCraft Mod. Makes everything look ten times better imo - almost makes it feel like a new game. Plus there's that new update that they're working on, or maybe it's already been released onto PC. Which finally introduces scaffolding for large builds, two new iterations of the furnace, and quite a fair amount of other new content to improve the experience. I can wholeheartedly see why people may be bored with MC at this point in its life cycle, but if you left a ton of projects unfinished as I had, and/or have more ideas you want to flesh out, the game can still give you hours upon hours of good times.

S

shiva1995

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
for me, there are times when I play non-stop minecraft, then I get tired suddenly, then I put it back, and so on.

Last edited:
RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

retired boah.
Retired
Bug Finder Glitcher End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
for me, there are times when I play non-stop minecraft, then I get tired suddenly, then I put it back, and so on

Exactly the same with me. It's a back and forth sort of thing, especially when you have a server with so many builds on it. Becomes a bit more difficult to think up ideas for new projects. Either way, the game is still great and can provide plenty of hours of entertainment so I think getting back into it in 2019 is still viable.

thrillhouses

thrillhouses

Reaction score
Sin$
Yea I buy’d minecraft and immediately downloaded tekkit I presonlly unjoyed minecraft growing up back on last gen and rebought Java edition on my latop maily for the mod’s not intrested in the base edition anymore maybe for nostalgia but dont think it’s worth the price no just to play the base game

Top Bottom
Login
Register