What's new

Working [Easy] Off the map using a NPC's horse (No wagon/cart needed!)

How many times did you go off the map before it was patched?

• Total voters
shaunr

shaunr

Propane and propane accessories
Reaction score
Sin$
PATCHED BY LATEST UPDATE. You can no longer go off the map using this method, as well as other methods which use the cart. You can still use this method if you do not update and stay offline (SP).

The other day I discovered a much easier way to get off the map. This is still at the usual spot in Cholla Springs, just to the right of the gang hideout that sometimes appears.

AEswQUC.jpg

All you need to do is find a random horse, like one an NPC is riding. For some reason I wasn't able to get the black horse to work. I don't know why but when I tried that one it kept falling down the hill.

Basically you simply ride up the hill and dismount just before you reach the invisible barrier.
7Qdczr7.jpg

Horse should continue up some and be facing north (uphill). If the horse has too much momentum it may continue uphill too far, so you may have to lasso it in order to get it back down. Ideally, the horse is partially in the barrier but far enough that you should have to get a running start in order to remount it. Then as you mount the horse, spam the sprint button and try to keep riding up the hill. You should either clear the hill entirely or start sliding right (or left). You can stay mounted on the horse as eventually the horse should stop sliding and you can continue out of the map.

Here's a video showing all this, and also how exactly to lasso up your friends, and how get to Guarma, as I've found many videos don't do a very good job explaining. Hope this helps!

By the way, I later found out that you can use this dismounting technique to get your personal horse off the map. You just need to give it enough momentum (and have good luck as it can take a dozen or so tries).

Last edited:
R3dN3CkBuDDhA46

R3dN3CkBuDDhA46

Reaction score
Sin$
I used a 1 man wagon and got up there then kept whistling for my horse then it got up by the rock and I could climb on and ride to guarma

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
I used a 1 man wagon and got up there then kept whistling for my horse then it got up by the rock and I could climb on and ride to guarma
Nice, I could never get my horse up just by whistling. It would always stop at the barrier. 1 man wagon is great if you can find it, but it's easier to just pull an NPC off their horse and use it.

R3dN3CkBuDDhA46

R3dN3CkBuDDhA46

Reaction score
Sin$
Saint Dennis is the best for wagon. Found a couple at McFarland ranch tho.

R1_Andy

R1_Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've always found one-seater in strawberry during daylight, but your method is way faster. Thank you!!!

Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Can I ask, when you get to Guarma, what can you actually do?

R3dN3CkBuDDhA46

R3dN3CkBuDDhA46

Reaction score
Sin$
Hunt for hog, find canned goods (a lot of them and they respawn when you leave the area and come back) hunt parrots, they sell decent for the feathers

That's bout it tho. Just beautiful scenery

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
Hunt for hog, find canned goods (a lot of them and they respawn when you leave the area and come back) hunt parrots, they sell decent for the feathers

That's bout it tho. Just beautiful scenery

All good things, though I keep my parrot feathers sort of as a souvenir. Instead I gather pelican and heron feathers and sell those as I believe you can get those in the main map.

I'd also add that there is a boa you can find in the forest. You can also explore a lot of Guarma that is low texture. I found what seems to be a volcano if you go waay south east in the map. Also you can kill village people without being reported. You can even execute them fairly close to lawmen and they won't go after you. You can rack up some decent XP by killing lawmen as well, and loot their bodies and get some jewelry and ammo and coin. Get all your cooking done at the campfires in the village. Also you can fish for bluegill in the river.

JDRED

JDRED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
All good things, though I keep my parrot feathers sort of as a souvenir. Instead I gather pelican and heron feathers and sell those as I believe you can get those in the main map.

I'd also add that there is a boa you can find in the forest. You can also explore a lot of Guarma that is low texture. I found what seems to be a volcano if you go waay south east in the map. Also you can kill village people without being reported. You can even execute them fairly close to lawmen and they won't go after you. You can rack up some decent XP by killing lawmen as well, and loot their bodies and get some jewelry and ammo and coin. Get all your cooking done at the campfires in the village. Also you can fish for bluegill in the river.
There is also an unlisted green turlte, and a shark.
Ive found the turtle,
But only guy i ever seen find the shark was youtuber "edepot".
He foumd them im single player, but if i found the turtle online as well as aingle player, im sure when i try again ill find the shark online.

My horse also bonded faster in guarma than normal map.

I can now hold rb and a to stop fast. And hold x to raise up on two legs, those abilities only kicked while i spent timein guarma,

Anything you purchase from catalogue will be intsantly with you. No need to collect.

Sabatchka

Sabatchka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Awesome, thanks for the post.
With a bit of practice, you run with the horse, dismount at the right time (it's always the same spot on the runway) and immediately spam triangle to get back on the horse, before you start sliding.

My horse did not work for me, and wild horses were difficult too. I could not get one to go through. NPC's horses are the best.

Now if you call your horse before going through and have it nearby, it will gradually come to you and go through the barrier too (but not with you riding it). Call your horse until it's close enough and you can ride in to Mexico. In fact, once you are on the other side of the barrier, it's difficult to get back to the normal area.

Oh and I could shoot most of the gang hideout from there, and they were not coming after me.

In the end I got killed by some player while trying to get a NPC horse. I killed him back, together with his friend for good measure, and I went to this breach, got though the first time (practice makes perfect) and I had some of my best trolling moments ever.

Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have to say I am bored with normal online gameplay. It’s the same old story... each time I try to navigate the immense map solo invariably a group of greifers pops up and tries to have a war with me solo. That’s what is boring to me. I generally am able to thwart their advances and greif the greifers.
It has just gotten old to do so. Mostly because I have been enjoying off map excursions and when I get a cart to get into the forbidden zone there is always a group of randoms who think it’s fun to pick on one guy. I don’t get it. Do they actually think 5-1 is fun especially since I have generally been able to school them in my Headshot Academy... lol... I still love the game but I am anxious to see some better content than what they are calling a Beta. Hopefully it won’t be as lame as the first couple of GTA DLCs (Beach Bum/Not a Hipster). I expect something way meatier than that.
I would imagine everyone else is too.
I sincerely hope that they don’t disappoint us.

I

iPercocet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You sir are a LEGEND. I can get my Black Arabian up with minutes everytime now. No need for NPC’s :wink:

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
Awesome, thanks for the post.
With a bit of practice, you run with the horse, dismount at the right time (it's always the same spot on the runway) and immediately spam triangle to get back on the horse, before you start sliding.

My horse did not work for me, and wild horses were difficult too. I could not get one to go through. NPC's horses are the best.

Now if you call your horse before going through and have it nearby, it will gradually come to you and go through the barrier too (but not with you riding it). Call your horse until it's close enough and you can ride in to Mexico. In fact, once you are on the other side of the barrier, it's difficult to get back to the normal area.

Oh and I could shoot most of the gang hideout from there, and they were not coming after me.

In the end I got killed by some player while trying to get a NPC horse. I killed him back, together with his friend for good measure, and I went to this breach, got though the first time (practice makes perfect) and I had some of my best trolling moments ever.

I'm going to try your method of remounting immediately after dismount. sounds good. I finally managed to get my horse over the barrier like you explained. It can take a lot of time and require a lot of moving around. I'll go to that rock and whistle for it, then over the the other side where the horse tends to slide up, and go back and forth whistling for it. And yeah, your own horse won't work, but the other day a friend discovered you can use eachother's horse. Only problem with that is you can get it stuck halfway in the barrier and it's a bit hard to get it out as you can't simply lasso it.

I have to say I am bored with normal online gameplay. It’s the same old story... each time I try to navigate the immense map solo invariably a group of greifers pops up and tries to have a war with me solo. That’s what is boring to me. I generally am able to thwart their advances and greif the greifers.
It has just gotten old to do so. Mostly because I have been enjoying off map excursions and when I get a cart to get into the forbidden zone there is always a group of randoms who think it’s fun to pick on one guy. I don’t get it. Do they actually think 5-1 is fun especially since I have generally been able to school them in my Headshot Academy... lol... I still love the game but I am anxious to see some better content than what they are calling a Beta. Hopefully it won’t be as lame as the first couple of GTA DLCs (Beach Bum/Not a Hipster). I expect something way meatier than that.
I would imagine everyone else is too.
I sincerely hope that they don’t disappoint us.

I've been getting pretty bored as well. Mostly I just hunt the cougar and go to Guarma or show others how to get there. Fortunately no one griefs me too much, though it probably helps I can get my posse members all in one session most of the time, and I spend most my time near Tumbleweed which I can usually find empty if I hop around sessions.

I think big things are coming soon though, and R* isn't one to disappoint so I'm looking forward to it.

You sir are a LEGEND. I can get my Black Arabian up with minutes everytime now. No need for NPC’s :wink:

Nice. I never could get across the barrier solely using my horse. That's great you figured it out.

N

Nonfatcactus327

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm going to try your method of remounting immediately after dismount. sounds good. I finally managed to get my horse over the barrier like you explained. It can take a lot of time and require a lot of moving around. I'll go to that rock and whistle for it, then over the the other side where the horse tends to slide up, and go back and forth whistling for it. And yeah, your own horse won't work, but the other day a friend discovered you can use eachother's horse. Only problem with that is you can get it stuck halfway in the barrier and it's a bit hard to get it out as you can't simply lasso it.

I've been getting pretty bored as well. Mostly I just hunt the cougar and go to Guarma or show others how to get there. Fortunately no one griefs me too much, though it probably helps I can get my posse members all in one session most of the time, and I spend most my time near Tumbleweed which I can usually find empty if I hop around sessions.

I think big things are coming soon though, and R* isn't one to disappoint so I'm looking forward to it.

Nice. I never could get across the barrier solely using my horse. That's great you figured it out.

When are you going Guarma again? :smile:

N

Nonfatcactus327

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I finally made it off with my own horse, so it’s possible. I actually credit this post with giving me the motivation to go try and fail with my horse over and over.

Who’s got a clear flight plan to Guarma? I got sucked into Mexico I think, on the other side of the lake. Do I need to go all the way west, follow the border of the map south down to corner, and then east and do the same? I seem to have reached a canyon that made it impossible.

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
I finally made it off with my own horse, so it’s possible. I actually credit this post with giving me the motivation to go try and fail with my horse over and over.

Who’s got a clear flight plan to Guarma? I got sucked into Mexico I think, on the other side of the lake. Do I need to go all the way west, follow the border of the map south down to corner, and then east and do the same? I seem to have reached a canyon that made it impossible.
Nice. How did you stop your horse from following you down?

Did you see the path I went in the video? I show what to do when you get into mexico. There's a cliff wall you follow heading east and eventually you get to a hill that you can easily ride up, and then from there it's nearly a straight shot to Guarma.

N

Nonfatcactus327

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice. How did you stop your horse from following you down?

Did you see the path I went in the video? I show what to do when you get into mexico. There's a cliff wall you follow heading east and eventually you get to a hill that you can easily ride up, and then from there it's nearly a straight shot to Guarma.

Thanks I’ll have to watch it again. I rode up on an NPC horse and they kept crossing the barrier without me. The final time I rode up on my Belgian, fell backwards onto the back of the horse and remounted, then surfed the ledge forever before crossing over.

R3dN3CkBuDDhA46

R3dN3CkBuDDhA46

Reaction score
Sin$

Keep going south at that river and it goes grey and flat land and you can skip the canyons

Top Bottom
Login
Register