• Start date
  • Views 3,224
I

IwearHelmet4Bed

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Sony are suing a seller on eBay for selling a console preloaded with games. https://t.co/QF63VDAtxz?amp=1

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Jailbreakable ps4 is not a valiation. But stupid *** loaded it with games.

What is definition of jailbreakk or jailbroken. Ps4 jailbreak doesn't use any custom CFW nor modchips. Only official firmware with a bug.

SONY should be sued for making exploitable consoles :biggrin:.

this story is pure scare tactics and bs. Problem is you have to prove it, costs $$$.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
He deserves it before being so obvious with it

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
They really dont even need to win. The cost of the suit can reach millions quickly. Then its a matter of the defendant running out of money for his/her defense and a settlement reached. Big outfits such as sony could drag these out for years. They employ legal teams bigger than oj simpson defense full time.
Before companies thought the money would just be wasted and just let people be with this stuff.
Now companies set the bar. File this and stick with it. The defense will run out of money and likely lose anyway. So you either settle it if the person still has assets worth getting or get the win on file to streamline the next one. It also sends a message to everyone else that there will be punishment for the crime. Microsoft is doing this with the xbox one as well. These consoles are being sold at a loss right now. So the only profit to be made is from the royalty from the game. This piracy also makes developers not want to push their games to your console.
Look at the nintendo switch. Look at how much third party support has left. By next year dont be shocked if the only third party for the switch is activision spyro spinoffs.
Sony obviously will do anything in their power to prevent that from happening. Both sony and microsoft rely on third party game 100% to make profits.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
They really dont even need to win. The cost of the suit can reach millions quickly. Then its a matter of the defendant running out of money for his/her defense and a settlement reached. Big outfits such as sony could drag these out for years. They employ legal teams bigger than oj simpson defense full time.
Before companies thought the money would just be wasted and just let people be with this stuff.
Now companies set the bar. File this and stick with it. The defense will run out of money and likely lose anyway. So you either settle it if the person still has assets worth getting or get the win on file to streamline the next one. It also sends a message to everyone else that there will be punishment for the crime. Microsoft is doing this with the xbox one as well. These consoles are being sold at a loss right now. So the only profit to be made is from the royalty from the game. This piracy also makes developers not want to push their games to your console.
Look at the nintendo switch. Look at how much third party support has left. By next year dont be shocked if the only third party for the switch is activision spyro spinoffs.
Sony obviously will do anything in their power to prevent that from happening. Both sony and microsoft rely on third party game 100% to make profits.

PS+, overpriced accessories, bluray format royalties, game licensing.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What an idiot for selling with preloaded hdds and blatantly announcing it even if he did. Probably just wanted to sell faster but still don't be an idiot.

run632

run632

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Jailbreakable ps4 is not a violation. But stupid *** loaded it with games.

What is the definition of jailbreak or jailbroken? Ps4 jailbreak doesn't use any custom CFW nor modchips. Only official firmware with a bug.

SONY should be sued for making exploitable consoles :biggrin:.

this story is pure scare tactics and bs. Problem is you have to prove it, costs $$$.
Jailbreakable ps4 is not a violation err it kinda is though..

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Jailbreakable ps4 is not a violation err it kinda is though..
The preloaded hard drive is illegal... Piracy and distribution of pirated material/intellectual property that belongs to Sony.

run632

run632

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The preloaded hard drive is illegal... Piracy and distribution of pirated material/intellectual property that belongs to Sony.
Unauthorised modification by a third party not authorised by sony..

G

Gibswal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What an idiot nobody likes a thief. And trying to sell it for 500 dollars pmsl. Anybody can sell you for example a 'jailbroken ps3' and just send a bricked console. What can the buyer do about it? Shouldn't be buying dodgy things online. I sold my bricked jailbroken ps3 a few years ago for £200 lol idiots

420Kyle

420Kyle

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Sony can f*** off if I buy something I'm allowed to do what I want with it it's mine I'm not leasing it

Casp

Casp

VIP
VIP
Retired
Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Sony can f*** off if I buy something I'm allowed to do what I want with it it's mine I'm not leasing it
Selling a console preloaded with games is quite illegal and is an action that practically asks for a lawsuit. If it were simply jailbroken, it would most likely have been removed from eBay as it violates their terms of service.

Top Bottom
Login
Register