Discussion Red Dead Redemption 2 Tips & Tricks

• Thread starter SkeetSkeetSkeet
  • Start date
  • Views 2,875
S

SkeetSkeetSkeet

Reaction score
Sin$
Would be nice to share little tidbits and features we've learned and come across that others would find beneficial.

My favorite just now:
Options --> Settings --> Audio --> Mute Voice Chat without Microphone (On)
No more coming online listening to n**** this n**** that.

Dive:
While aiming flip the left stick left/right and the square button.

Free Aim - It does exit, I use it, it's in the options menu:
Options --> Settings --> Controls --> Lock-On Mode (On-Foot) <Free Aim>
Options --> Settings --> Controls --> Lock-On Mode (Mount/Vehicle) <Free Aim>

Turn off the annoying "hints" in the upper left corner that you've read 100 times already:
Options --> Display --> Help Tips (Off)

Someone lassoed you, no problem:
L1 --> Knife
You'll cut the rope before they can hogtie you.

Don't want to pay for fast travel and in no hurry:
Set waypoint, begin riding horse on red path, enter cinematic mode while speeding horse up with x, you're horse will enter auto-pilot and take you there.

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh man I need to turn the hints off. Did you know, Skeet, that holding left dpad opens the handheld catalog and that deliveries are made to the post office or your camp lockbox?

Thought you might like to know that. I'll remind you next time you get on your horse. In case you forget between now and then.

ScruffyNerfHerder

ScruffyNerfHerder

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh man I need to turn the hints off. Did you know, Skeet, that holding left dpad opens the handheld catalog and that deliveries are made to the post office or your camp lockbox?

Thought you might like to know that. I'll remind you next time you get on your horse. In case you forget between now and then.
I'll remind you next time you get on your horse so that you'll need to get off your horse to open the catalog, it's how I have a little fun for myself.

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll remind you next time you get on your horse so that you'll need to get off your horse to open the catalog, it's how I have a little fun for myself.
makes total sense too, like in Resident Evil 5 or whatever when you couldn't move and shoot simultaneously. That's logic™.

Qui Gon

Qui Gon

Strongest creature on Earth
Chatty Kathy Seasoned Veteran Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
The lasso one might be pretty useful thanks!

Heathen Inferos

Heathen Inferos

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
One for never draining your horse’s stamina while in cinematic view: Go at a full gallop by tapping the A/X button, and then revert to holding A/X. Enter cinematic view, wait a couple of seconds, then double tap the A/X button. This will put your horse into a full gallop, and it won’t drain the horse’s stamina.

Edit bonus:

Shoot normally, holding LT and then pressing RT, but the second you pull the trigger, release LT, and then hold it down again. This does require getting the timing down, but when you do, you’ll be getting kills that are classed as shots from the hip. +1 for the Award, and +10 XP for the “Eyes Wide Shut” kill.

Behn Dover

Behn Dover

Reaction score
Sin$
Edit bonus:

Shoot normally, holding LT and then pressing RT, but the second you pull the trigger, release LT, and then hold it down again. This does require getting the timing down, but when you do, you’ll be getting kills that are classed as shots from the hip. +1 for the Award, and +10 XP for the “Eyes Wide Shut” kill.

Thought I knew all the tricks but this one is new for me..I will try this one out! Thanks for the bonus.

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My input:

Don't waste money on the expensive spinner lure ($25). The river, lake, swamp lures catch all medium and large fish and weed out the $1 garbage. (exception for people who want to fish for anything all day)

Consider the Lancaster over the Litchfield. It's considerably cheaper, hits its targets more often and reloads faster. The Litchfield is slow, inaccurate, and nobody needs a 16-round magazine anyway.

Don't bother with two Mausers or two Schofield. There's barely a reason you use akimbo pistols anyway, but matching them up gets expensive.

Biggest tip: don't buy insurance unless you're really flush. ALSO DON'T BUY THE $4 REVIVAL. Horses never permadeath and if it's disabled just go to the stables, manage horses, stable the injured horse, then call it back up. Also don't buy $9.50 horse revivers. These are free all over the map and with a few visits to barns, stables, Strawberry welcome center, you'll have as many as you need.

Finally, there's plenty if time to buy clothes, buy them when you're full of a good set of weapons and decent horse. Also, watch your gold. A few crucial early unlocks with them (e.g. river lure) is very helpful, while a gold pistol or whatever ::confused:hrugg::

Top Bottom
Login
Register