Status
Not open for further replies.
Qui Gon

Qui Gon

Strongest creature on Earth
Chatty Kathy Seasoned Veteran Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
Update worked fine for me, I think more people are finding out about it though.

D

Dragonikus

Reaction score
Sin$
This method earns me less than actual fishing. I am going back to the "proper" method, with a rod.
I also had 1 player spawn in front of me and shoot me instantly. I eventually killed him enough times to make him switch sessions. Why do you have to start shooting, knowing that if you do that you will only make your fish collecting impossible due to the incoming fight? Dumb...
Anyway, 10 salmon and 10 steelhead take much less time to catch.
This particular method for earning money is just for people below level 14, I think.

EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This method earns me less than actual fishing. I am going back to the "proper" method, with a rod.
I also had 1 player spawn in front of me and shoot me instantly. I eventually killed him enough times to make him switch sessions. Why do you have to start shooting, knowing that if you do that you will only make your fish collecting impossible due to the incoming fight? Dumb...
Anyway, 10 salmon and 10 steelhead take much less time to catch.
This particular method for earning money is just for people below level 14, I think.
I agree, it takes me over an hour and 50+ session hops to get 8 salmon. And alot of running around wasting time to get back n forth. But it's ok if ur in the area

Update worked fine for me, I think more people are finding out about it though.
Ya, it seems every lobby is a deathmatch over there now

BloodStone666

BloodStone666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is working but finding a server to do this take's longer then fishing it's self as every server I go on everyone is killing each other for this spot on all servers I go to.

EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This is working but finding a server to do this take's longer then fishing it's self as every server I go on everyone is killing each other for this spot on all servers I go to.
Agreed, do this till rank 30, then go buy the lure and rod to catch salmon

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This spot is good for fishing. I use it all the time. At the top of the waterfall is where the salmon spawn. You can purchase a river lure and you will catch salmon every time, and it only takes 5–10 seconds to reel a new one in. Pretty efficient. The river lure is worth buying. Only $2.50 but you have to be level 30, but you can buy it for one gold bar before level 30. Definitely worth it. After I get 10 salmon I go to Valentine and sell them. And when you’re in valentine you can kill the local pigs and sheep and you’ll get $5 per perfect carcass. Best to do this at night to not get wanted. The only thing is you will be max negative honour pretty quickly.
I like everything about this. I need to max out my dishonor. I have a rod and river lure. I've only caught two salmon ever, and still can't find them for **** even with a lantern at night.

Two Qs:

1) Do you slaughter the livestock with a bow or a rifle or knife?
2) Got any more salmon tips? I'm really wanting to exploit it while it's here.

EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I like everything about this. I need to max out my dishonor. I have a rod and river lure. I've only caught two salmon ever, and still can't find them for **** even with a lantern at night.

Two Qs:

• Fish on top or at the bottom of waterfalls for salmon. They are large and can be seen easily
  • Small livestock is slaughtered using a lasso and the option presented on screen to finish the kill (x, or o depending on PS4 or xb1)

BloodStone666

BloodStone666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Agreed, do this till rank 30, then go buy the lure and rod to catch salmon

I bought the lure and rod to catch salmon. Used 1 gold bar only to lose my lure when trying to catch 1 fish?

R

rusbeckia

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Two Qs:

Actually I never caught anything else since I bought the river lure. Just go to dakota river or above the waterfall. All day, all night.

EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It won't let me use gold on lures, it's making me unlock thru rank... Lvl 30 ughh

Lenny and Tuna

Lenny and Tuna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know it’s petty but Nice to see people claiming founder to this method after I posted the video I made or this post, (video was a day before this post) I’ll eat my words if I’m wrong! but I haven’t seen it anywhere else that’s y I posted it, that’s my little rant :smile: carry on!!!!

Lenny and Tuna

Lenny and Tuna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, I'm aware, but it doesn't give me the option with lures
Prob a bug or something, if it is Hopefully that’s fixed with a update or you’ll prob reach level 30 before that, I have a friend in the same position, I can purchase the lure with gold but he can’t

EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Prob a bug or something, if it is Hopefully that’s fixed with a update or you’ll prob reach level 30 before that, I have a friend in the same position, I can purchase the lure with gold but he can’t
Thanks for confirming. I'm on PS4 slim, rdr2 ultimate edition

Spalchk9

Spalchk9

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Has anyone tried this today after the update? I am not home but my friend just message me and said he has changed lobbies road far away came back and they’re still never fish

Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Has anyone tried this today after the update? I am not home but my friend just message me and said he has changed lobbies road far away came back and they’re still never fish
Rockstar adjusted the sell prices for fish today so even if it still works, may not be of any value. There is a thread discussing the new economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register