Not open for further replies.
Giraffez

Giraffez

That's What They All Say
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Experienced Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
There’s currently a glitched message that’s circling around the PlayStation community, which has the ability to stop your PS4 from booting correctly. The best way to avoid this would be setting your messages to private until this issue is fixed.

How to set your messages to private:
1. Go to the settings menu
2. Go to “Account Management”
3. Go to “Privacy Settings”
4. Go to “Personal Info | Messaging”
5. Go to “Messages”
6. Set it to either “Friends Only” or “No one” (No one is recommended if you don’t trust everyone on your friends list)

If you have received a glitched message that has left your PS4 not operating as it should, follow the steps below.

How to Rebuild Your PS4 Database:
1. Delete the message via the PS messaging application
2. Turn off your PS4
3. Press and hold the power button, then release it after you hear a second beep
3. Connect your controller with a USB cable and press the PS button
4. Select option 5, “Rebuild Database”
Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content on the system. This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.

Information on Safe Mode: https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...-system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/

AlienFreek01

AlienFreek01

Now with fries
Reaction score
Sin$
Crazy that glitches like this get found... What even is the message (obviously don't put the message here just explain what it is)?

Casp

Casp

VIP
VIP
Retired
Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What even is the message (obviously don't put the message here just explain what it is)?
I read an article yesterday that I can't find now for the life of me that said it displayed as a square with a question mark in it, suggesting that it's a character or a string of characters that the PS4 doesn't recognize as letters or numbers.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
That brings back some very old memories. Didnt the nintendo wii suffer from a similar issue?
I would think this could somewhat have been exploited but will likely be fixed before anyone has a chance to try and push a payload.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
As soon as I found about this and everything I made sure mine were private after a dude raged on BO4 for me spawn trapping. Apparently some Rainbow Six players have had this happen when in ranked play.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
no wonder why sony's servers get breached so often xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register