• Thread starter MegatronDemon25
  • Start date
  • Views 726
MegatronDemon25

MegatronDemon25

All Hail Megatron
Reaction score
Sin$
Ever since i moved to florida, my computer began having issues, everything was fine in nyc but as soon as the movers brought our stuff to the house and i setup my pc, i began having issues such as artifacts on screen, games freezing and or artifacting, games such as GTA V, Black ops 3, Fortnite and etc. I did a clean install of windows and downloaded latest drivers and all it won’t work, games crash and the computer will either freeze or lose display and i have to hard reboot it, i been doing alot of digging around online and it said that it can be a ram, cpu or gpu issue, i did a memory diagnostics test on my computer and it said no hardware problems detected and when i check my device manager it says “this device is working properly” for my display adapter, however sometimes when it boots up, it won’t read my gtx 1080 ti, sometimes it has that yellow icon next to it and all, i cleaned out my computer, cleaned my gpu and all and nothing seems to work, i think my gpu is dying, now when i turn on my computer, it load the boot screen with green line and dots where it says press delete to run bios or f11 to select a boot device or whatever and after the screen goes black, i just need help to identify the issue, i personally feel my gpu is dying and i will be ordering a new one tomorrow, i just wanted to know what you guys think the issue is, thank you very much.

Golly

Golly

Stay Humble
Beginning of An Odyssey Fabled Veteran Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
Ever since i moved to florida, my computer began having issues, everything was fine in nyc but as soon as the movers brought our stuff to the house and i setup my pc, i began having issues such as artifacts on screen, games freezing and or artifacting, games such as GTA V, Black ops 3, Fortnite and etc. I did a clean install of windows and downloaded latest drivers and all it won’t work, games crash and the computer will either freeze or lose display and i have to hard reboot it, i been doing alot of digging around online and it said that it can be a ram, cpu or gpu issue, i did a memory diagnostics test on my computer and it said no hardware problems detected and when i check my device manager it says “this device is working properly” for my display adapter, however sometimes when it boots up, it won’t read my gtx 1080 ti, sometimes it has that yellow icon next to it and all, i cleaned out my computer, cleaned my gpu and all and nothing seems to work, i think my gpu is dying, now when i turn on my computer, it load the boot screen with green line and dots where it says press delete to run bios or f11 to select a boot device or whatever and after the screen goes black, i just need help to identify the issue, i personally feel my gpu is dying and i will be ordering a new one tomorrow, i just wanted to know what you guys think the issue is, thank you very much.
You can always start with RAM first by checking each stick. If that doesn’t solve your issues it sounds like you may be right and it’s your GPU. Check to see if it’s still under warranty.

MegatronDemon25

MegatronDemon25

All Hail Megatron
Reaction score
Sin$
You can always start with RAM first by checking each stick. If that doesn’t solve your issues it sounds like you may be right and it’s your GPU. Check to see if it’s still under warranty.
what you mean check it? like run a memory diagnostic test for each one? ‘cause i ran it with all 3 sticks inside the computer and it said no hardware error detected

MegatronDemon25

MegatronDemon25

All Hail Megatron
Reaction score
Sin$
Well i took them out and tested them 1 by 1, the computer loaded up fine with each and then i began putting them back in 1, then 2, then 3, and now it’s loading up fine and i been playing fortnite for over a hour and no issues yet.

MegatronDemon25

MegatronDemon25

All Hail Megatron
Reaction score
Sin$
The game just crashed, and started artifacting and as soon as i rebooted my pc and logged in it froze for a couple seconds and then began moving normal, so i think it is the gpu maybe?

MegatronDemon25

MegatronDemon25

All Hail Megatron
Reaction score
Sin$
Also i just tried to play fortnite again, the graphics card was running around 85-89c and the cpu was at 100% which never happened til just now, my cpu has a liquid cooling over it, i think my gpu is about to reach it’s end, guess it’s time to buy another gtx 1080 ti

John 9

John 9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How long now u have ur GPU now?
Seems to be GPU since most ur symptoms point towards it.
Try switching GPU to the other slot or if u have access to another GPU just to be sure, before u go out and buy new one.

GL

MegatronDemon25

MegatronDemon25

All Hail Megatron
Reaction score
Sin$
I did and it was the gpu, bought a new one and it works perfectly, my pc is back in good health

Top Bottom
Login
Register