What's new

Solved xBox doesn't recognise external HDDs and sticks.

Leterel

Leterel

Reaction score
Sin$
I let it flash there: tinyurl.com/ybalb8ca
Have a few questions. I read some threads and watched videos. The reality is different.

1. One side of people says that you need a FAT formatted hard drive or stick. But you can only drop 4Gb files on it. The xBox has also recognized this, if this USB go-through thing is not plugged in. NTFS would allow larger files, but is not recognized. We tried 3 games on 4 sticks. 0 positive results.

2. Is it better if we reset the xBox? Before that she was unlashed and 6 years about without updates. Then we tried it without Updates, then with updates. Both did not work. Could reset and fix everything fix again?

3. In videos or manuals: "Press" X "to open the xBox drive". But with us it is the "A" button.

4. What does this USB go-through part do if it causes more "errors"? Does the white cable have to go into the stick?

5. Asked about Hardware Forge and they said: "Just drop ISOs into" games "or" iso "folder and go.

Cellulose

Cellulose

Composition C is my family
Reaction score
Sin$
There is multiple ways you can format your USB drive or External HDD. You can use a partition manager which there are plenty of, just google them. This post doesn't make much sense either, so if you could explain the situation better that would help as well.

Last edited:
Leterel

Leterel

Reaction score
Sin$
There is multiple ways you can format your USB drive or External HDD. You can use a partition manager which there are plenty of, just google them. This post doesn't make much sense either, so if you could explain the situation better that would help as well.

Can't I use the one in Windows 10 or Windows 8? Those always worked for me.

Sorry. I posted my problem in 2 other forums and I just lazily used Google Translator from German to English so I didn't have
to translate everything.

Mainly no NTFS thingy works on the xBox 360.

A FAT formated USB-stick or HDD works but ONLY when the dongle is plugged out.
The problem with that is, that FAT only supports files up to the size of 4GB.

Some other dude suggested that I have to updated my xKey Firmware Update and
then imma tell you here how bad or good that worked out. Hopefully this will
work out tomorrow.

Leterel

Leterel

Reaction score
Sin$
K. I fixed it. Imma post a video how I got to work around.

Does anybody know if I can play old xBox games on there? Not xBox 360 old. I mean the first generation of xBox.

Is defragmentation also an improvement?

Last edited:
64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
K. I fixed it. Imma post a video how I got to work around.

Does anybody know if I can play old xBox games on there? Not xBox 360 old. I mean the first generation of xBox.

Is defragmentation also an improvement?
Only games that would be compatible, you would need the ISO for it. and a majority you would need a RGH to run other games in roms.

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Format Hard Drive With Xbox 360 Simple As That.

Also Rgh Consoles Don’t Play ISO’s.

You Have To Extract Them Which They Become Thousands Of Files Which Your Allow To Transfer On Fat32.

Leterel

Leterel

Reaction score
Sin$
Format Hard Drive With Xbox 360 Simple As That.

Also Rgh Consoles Don’t Play ISO’s.

You Have To Extract Them Which They Become Thousands Of Files Which Your Allow To Transfer On Fat32.

I can't format the hard drive, when the xBox doesn't show the hard drive.
I don't have a RGH console. I have a xKey console.
Extracting regards to xkey or to RGH...?

Leterel

Leterel

Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm, if it worked before it's likely the HDD that is being problematic.

K. This is what I got so far:

The big HDD with 2TB doesn't show up what-so-ever. I think it's because I got around 60 games on there and one or two of them might be broken. So when there's one broken game on there, it won't work at all and it won't show the HDD in its entirety (just a thesis of mine). We checked with a tool the status of the HDD but after 2 hours it was around 7% or so. Might wanna retry today.

We used my 128 GB USB stick. This caused very interesting glitches. Sometimes the xBox recognized the stick, sometimes not.
Sometimes I could "play" the game in the picture viewer app, sometimes it didn't show up. It always froze when it came to starting the game.

We switched over to a 32 GB USB stick that seems to work perfectly. The bad thing about this is: We somewhat have to play one game now. Finish it and check the next one. Game after game after game. Otherwise it's not possible to check out what was working and what not.

A BIG HELP FOR ALL OF THIS:
When the xBox 360 doesn't show you your HDD ----> Remove the power cable from the xBox 360 AND the HDD. Wait some seconds plug it all in and restart. I even disconnect every connection between the power socket to the xBox and the xKey and the video cable and the power cable of the HDD.
This might be unnecessary, but after such a long time, you get somewhat depressed that it's not working.

Might keep you up-to-date which files, forders and which order needs to be followed to work properly.

Top Bottom
Login
Register