What's new

Solved Can you play both pirated and original games on xbox 360?

• Thread starter Shadysmurff
  • Start date
  • Views 37,729
S

Shadysmurff

Reaction score
Sin$
1.) I want to play pirated games on single player genre games.
2.) I want to play online, but in order to play online then you need to buy original games for "Online Gaming Games" just to not hustle about getting banned and all.

These answers doesnt seem to be direct::
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090609032117AA9mUAs
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090409001012AAwqKGi

Now here are my questions:

1.) Can you still get detected by microsoft and get banned if you play "Original Games w/ Online Multi-player Capabilities" for online gaming, and pirated games for "Single Player" gaming? (Ofcourse it is already understood that the Xbox 360 is already modded to play pirated games)

2.) Will it work if you play with your pirated games "Offline" (on the modded xbox) then only go online when your playing "Original Games w/ Online Capabilities" and not get detected and banned?

3.) Or do you need two xbox's? one that isnt modded for online gaming with original ripp-off priced games and the other one that is modded to play those "Single Player Games"?

4.) Also, if i get my Xbox360 modded to the latest and can play pirated online, eventually microsoft will patch it up right? then my question is, how can we stop our Xbox 360 from Updating/Patching/Bricking?

I would really appreciate it if someone tells me a way to play "both" "Original Online Games" and "Pirated Single Player Games" in a Single Modded Xbox 360 without getting detected by mircrosoft and getting banned online on Xbox Live.

I

I Play Xbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In order to play a burned game, you must have a flashed drive. The flashed drive is what gets you banned from xbox live, not the games that you play. I would recommend getting another xbox, flashing it, and playing single player games offline and keep the one you have for multiplayer/online.

Sixen

Sixen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you mod your DVD Drives FW chances are eventually you will get banned regardless of if you play them offline or not, because your xbox saves logs and sends them to ms once you go back online.

D

Deleted member 99038

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
My bro has a flashed xbox that plays pirated games offline, but he plays retail disk games online on live. He has yet to receive a ban

M

Matermine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Argh! All aboard ye' pirate ship!

Seriously. We don't support piracy on this site, so don't ask about it.

Answer is yes, it can play originals and backups.

cccodyyyy

cccodyyyy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Argh! All aboard ye' pirate ship!

Seriously. We don't support piracy on this site, so don't ask about it.

Lol yes we do.
Download section in premium?
Game backs up section?

If you mod your DVD Drives FW chances are eventually you will get banned regardless of if you play them offline or not, because your xbox saves logs and sends them to ms once you go back online.
Ehh, some games are stealthed so you should be good.
I have friends that have been playing pirated MW2 since September, yet to receive a ban.

S

Shadysmurff

Reaction score
Sin$
Is this premium section? No.

@Matermine

Ok, thanks alot guys for the info, sorry for posting this here coz i dunno where else to post it.

Ehh, some games are stealthed so you should be good.
I have friends that have been playing pirated MW2 since September, yet to receive a ban.

@coddy

What do you mean by some games are stealthed? Do you mean your friends can still play using original disc on the modded xbox flash drive even if microsoft updates its firmware? or do you mean your friends can still play online using original discs on the latest modded xbox as long as microsoft hasnt update/bricked the xbox?

My bro has a flashed xbox that plays pirated games offline, but he plays retail disk games online on live. He has yet to receive a ban

@Mythic IV

Can your bro still plays with original games on the modded Xbox even if microsoft updates? or are you saying your bro can still play as long as microsoft hasnt update yet?

@Matermine

Will microsoft detect that you have a modded xbox if microsoft do an online stealth update? just like what RahgfraM said?

In order to play a burned game, you must have a flashed drive. The flashed drive is what gets you banned from xbox live, not the games that you play. I would recommend getting another xbox, flashing it, and playing single player games offline and keep the one you have for multiplayer/online.

@RahgfraM

If this is the case, then we need to keep modding our xbox's to the latest before microsoft brick it and bans it right? which will be hard i guess. Is there anyway to not let microsoft install updates that brick and bans your modded xbox?

Does this work? it says it can disable microsoft from patching and installing something that detects your modded xbox (ofourse ur latest modded xbox wont be detected if it hasnt patched right?) because if it is patched then you also need to update the modded xbox to bypass microsoft's latest patch, but then if you get caught with the older bricked modded xbox then were screwed because we dont know when will microsoft patch right? http://www.dailytech.com/Easy+Fix+to+Prevent+Microsoft+From+Bricking+Xbox+360s+HDDs+Arrives/article16851.htm

Top Bottom
Login
Register