What's new

Solved Having some trouble with booting my RGH console.

mut222

mut222

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys this is my first time posting here so let me know if I leave anything out. I have a trinity motherboard with a x360 ace v3 glitch chip soldered on. I am using a jr programmer v2 and was able to read my nand and create a ecc and write the ecc. The one problem I am having is with my glitch chip. I have tried many timing files but I can't seem to boot into xell for some reason. I checked all of my soldering points and I do assure you they are good connections and are not long wires either. If anyone could diagnose the problem or send me some other timing files it would be a big help. Thanks.

Last edited:
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys this is my first time posting here so let me know if I leave anything out. I have a trinity motherboard with a x360 ace v3 glitch chip soldered on. I am using a jr programmer v2 and was able to read my nand and create a ecc and write the ecc. The one problem I am having is with my glitch chip. I have tried many timing files but I can't seem to boot into xell for some reason. I checked all of my soldering points and I do assure you they are good connections and are not long wires either. If anyone could diagnose the problem or send me some other timing files it would be a big help. Thanks.
Let's see pictures of your soldering.

Also, assuming your soldering isn't the problem, there was a bad batch of Ace v3 chips a few months ago.
You might just have a bad Ace v3.

But yeah, post pictures of your soldering.

mut222

mut222

Reaction score
Sin$
Let's see pictures of your soldering.

Also, assuming your soldering isn't the problem, there was a bad batch of Ace v3 chips a few months ago.
You might just have a bad Ace v3.

But yeah, post pictures of your soldering.

Welp I found my problem. It turns out I have one of the fake ace chips that are known to not work at all. That explains why it wont do anything I guess. Anyways thanks for the response Noobert.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Welp I found my problem. It turns out I have one of the fake ace chips that are known to not work at all. That explains why it wont do anything I guess. Anyways thanks for the response Noobert.

so you say, you can program the chip, but it wont glich, so it's not working. I don't see any logic in here. I never had a problem with fake chip.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So is your chip pulsing or no ? Btw all aces are knock offs .

When u first added a timing file to the chip did jrunner give u the warning message stating are u sure u want to delete the stock timing?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah it's more than likely a problem with the install etc. Or timing file but without seeing the install it's literally us guessing based on common mistakes .

These days with the most of us charging less than 50 to rgh a console it makes less and less sense to do it yourself actually ends up costing more when u factor in the soldering supplies etc.not to mention days and days /weeks of troubleshooting.

Last edited:
mut222

mut222

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah it's more than likely a problem with the install etc. Or timing file but without seeing the install it's literally us guessing based on common mistakes .

These days with the most of us charging less than 50 to rgh a console it makes less and less sense to do it yourself actually ends up costing more when u factor in the soldering supplies etc.not to mention days and days /weeks of troubleshooting.
Any ideas of some things I could look at with my install that could be causing the problems?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Make sure u have clean connections on all points . Shortest wire/routes possible. Make sure your not mixing up (e) and (f)

And what timings have u tried?

mut222

mut222

Reaction score
Sin$
Make sure u have clean connections on all points . Shortest wire/routes possible. Make sure your not mixing up (e) and (f)

And what timings have u tried?
I've tried almost all trinity timings from 15432 but now for some reason my chip isnt even pulsing.

Top Bottom
Login
Register