What's new

Discussion Should I complete Destiny 1 before buying Destiny 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
Should I complete Destiny 1 before buying Destiny 2?
Destiny 2 is on sale with game.co.uk for £14.99 new.
Half tempted to buy it.

Thoughts??

J

junior griffey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can, but it won't make any difference to your character or storyline for Destiny 2. Character transfers only work for characters created and progressed past the Black Garden mission prior to I think August 20 of last year? I could be wrong on the date but either way to pass Destiny 1 now won't transfer anything over to Destiny 2 and you'll start from the beginning anyway. The game play itself is the same, the only difference is armor and weapons and the sub-classes.

U

Umbre314

Umbreon 2.0
Reaction score
Sin$
You can, but it won't make any difference to your character or storyline for Destiny 2. Character transfers only work for characters created and progressed past the Black Garden mission prior to I think August 20 of last year? I could be wrong on the date but either way to pass Destiny 1 now won't transfer anything over to Destiny 2 and you'll start from the beginning anyway. The game play itself is the same, the only difference is armor and weapons and the sub-classes.
This is true but also if you complete D1 storyline before moving on to D2, you will have more of an understanding of some references they make and also what is happening.

-edit I would go ahead and buy D2 but don't actually launch it until you finish D1

J

junior griffey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Agreed, if you're thinking of getting it anyway then buy it on sale and start it when you're ready to start. At least then you have it. One DLC has already launched for Destiny 2 and the second DLC is set to launch sometime very soon, so keep that in mind when you're purchasing it. If you can get a deluxe version with the two DLCs attached, go for that.

TheMetalKing

TheMetalKing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If it's cheap then you should go for it. At least when you start Destiny 2 you'll know more about the story. Also look into the lore of the game very interesting stuff.

L

LawlessBaron

A myth
Retired
Legendary Veteran Programmer Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
You could to get what happens in the story

J

junior griffey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's good to finish it aswell to possibly understand the game more but then again Destiny 2 is a bit of a let down
Both Destiny games are way too easy on the campaign and I find the strikes harder on Destiny 1 than on Destiny 2. Still it's an alright game though. I wish it was easier to get shaders on Destiny 2.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
you should buy destiny one because its cheaper, but if you have the money to afford the second game too, just buy both.

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
Both Destiny games are way too easy on the campaign and I find the strikes harder on Destiny 1 than on Destiny 2. Still it's an alright game though. I wish it was easier to get shaders on Destiny 2.

Been playing for a couple of days now and thus far it's been good. :biggrin:

Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
Both games are fairly horrible I wouldn’t purchase it. If you have f*** it you don’t need to play the first no difference

J

junior griffey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They are alright games. They both have their moments where it gets pretty intense and the Crucible can be pretty fun in Destiny 2. Titans are the way to go, just punching everything in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register