What's new

WIP Aukrus

Xolitude

Xolitude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone!

I'd like to unveil the game I'm working on, FalloutFMP. FalloutFMP is a Fan-Made Fallout-game Project (hence FMP). It's been in-development for a little over ~a month and I am using Slick2D to develop it. I've made some terrific progress on it but it is still quite a ways off from any sort of playable demo.

I do have a main story in-mind for the game but I am open to any suggestions. I will post updates in this thread but I have been posting them on GitHub, Trello and my blog. All links are below.

If any of you are interested in play-testing, Patch a0.1 will be released when I have one melee weapon animation and one mob to fight, excluding any story. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask and I will elaborate as much as possible :smile: thank you for taking the time to view my game.

My Blog: SolitudeDevelopment
Trello: Aukrus' Trello
GitHub: [Click here to view this link]

Last edited:
Clepto

Clepto

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey just wanted to let you know, I would heavily recommend not using Slick. The creator and guy who maintained it left it to be a core developer on LibGDX.

Slick is horribly outdated and inefficient now, and hasn’t been maintained for the past several years. I would very highly recommend switching to LibGDX.

Just using straight LWJGL would probably be better than Slick as Slick is built with old versions of OpenGL in mind.

Xolitude

Xolitude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys! I just wanted to make an update on the game (P.S. If anyone has any name suggestions, I'm open to hearing them!).

Lately, I've been working on containers and controls:
e07511538b720fce34286fc528e42841.gif

And here are the controls:
0050c995dd664f16acae1c2daebdd7f8.gif

I've also been working on the HP bar as you can see.

Minor Notes:
  • Known issue when editing controls with being able to map 2+ keys to one control.
  • Changed controls do not save to file; They are saved within memory for the current session.
  • Controls only editable from main menu.
  • Container GUI is a placeholder.
  • HP functionality currently being worked on.
I'll post more updates soon :smile:

Xolitude

Xolitude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
10wi0w0.jpg

Rebrand!

Yesterday, I decided to change the name of the game to 'Aukrus'. I still plan to keep the look, feel and ambiance of Fallout for the game's setting as well as using similar names of items, UI work, etc,. I'm excited for the future of Aukrus :smile:

Here is a short list of what remains for the first patch (as is subject to change):
2uylgeq.png

Cherish

Cherish

♣️I guess I'm alright♣️
Reaction score
Sin$
Little late to this, but nonetheless great work man

Top Bottom
Login
Register