• Thread starter MystikMunk420
  • Start date
  • Views 4,426
MystikMunk420

MystikMunk420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Please move to proper section if this is posted incorrectly!

So, yesterday I decided to do a thermal paste change on my CFW PS3 (done via the exploit not an E3 flasher) The thermal swap went great. However, as I was putting everything back together I some how managed to snap the plastic clamp that holds the BD drive connector ribbon into place! Now the disc drive is pooched. It doesn't acknowledge a disc when I try to stick one in, but the disc drive does still beep when I press eject...

Upon a quick google search I discovered NoBD versions of CFWs, So I decided to give one a try. I grabbed a NoBD copy of Rebug 4.81.2 Drex and it installed perfectly...However...now, NO games will mount. Inside mmCm I have each game (which are stored on the internal and external) checked to Mirror BD in the settings...yet they still wont mount. When I click Load inside mmCm, there is NO disc icon loaded onto the XMB, the ps3/home folder changes to the title of whichever game I try to mount, but even clicking that does NOT launch the game, it gives me some 800 error code...
Is there another firmware I should try? Am I doing something wrong in the settings of Rebug 4.81.2 Drex NoBD version? Is it even possible to run CFW and launch games without a Blu Ray drive?

Please for the love of God! Can someone help me out, or point me in the right direction!? :smile:
Thanks in advance.

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Please move to proper section if this is posted incorrectly!

So, yesterday I decided to do a thermal paste change on my CFW PS3 (done via the exploit not an E3 flasher) The thermal swap went great. However, as I was putting everything back together I some how managed to snap the plastic clamp that holds the BD drive connector ribbon into place! Now the disc drive is pooched. It doesn't acknowledge a disc when I try to stick one in, but the disc drive does still beep when I press eject...

Upon a quick google search I discovered NoBD versions of CFWs, So I decided to give one a try. I grabbed a NoBD copy of Rebug 4.81.2 Drex and it installed perfectly...However...now, NO games will mount. Inside mmCm I have each game (which are stored on the internal and external) checked to Mirror BD in the settings...yet they still wont mount. When I click Load inside mmCm, there is NO disc icon loaded onto the XMB, the ps3/home folder changes to the title of whichever game I try to mount, but even clicking that does NOT launch the game, it gives me some 800 error code...
Is there another firmware I should try? Am I doing something wrong in the settings of Rebug 4.81.2 Drex NoBD version? Is it even possible to run CFW and launch games without a Blu Ray drive?

Please for the love of God! Can someone help me out, or point me in the right direction!? :smile:
Thanks in advance.
You should be able to simply download and install games directly onto your internal HDD and the game should load and boot up fine.

MystikMunk420

MystikMunk420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should be able to simply download and install games directly onto your internal HDD and the game should load and boot up fine.

Hey CaliTheGod, thanks for taking the time to respond!
I thought that would be the case too and the game backups would still mount and play fine...sadly that is not the case. All id id was a complete tear down, cleaned out the entire system (not my first time doing this at all), did a thermal paste swap, also not my first time doing that. As i was reassembling the console, I broke the clamp for the Bd drive. that is literally the only thing that went wrong.
upon rebooting the system, everything seemed fine. I did my usual steps and when i got to mmCm, clicking Load to mount a game does absolutely nothing. I get kicked to the XMB but theres no BD disc icon for GTA or any other game I try. Also, once i swap dex to cex 84 inside rebug toolbox I've discovered that NO apps will launch at all....I'm completely stumped...
does the BD drive need to be removed since its useless? I tried a youtube jerry-rig method using cardboard to stick the ribbon intot he slot..it didnt work lol. does the ribbon need to be unhooked?

#HELP lol

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey CaliTheGod, thanks for taking the time to respond!
I thought that would be the case too and the game backups would still mount and play fine...sadly that is not the case. All id id was a complete tear down, cleaned out the entire system (not my first time doing this at all), did a thermal paste swap, also not my first time doing that. As i was reassembling the console, I broke the clamp for the Bd drive. that is literally the only thing that went wrong.
upon rebooting the system, everything seemed fine. I did my usual steps and when i got to mmCm, clicking Load to mount a game does absolutely nothing. I get kicked to the XMB but theres no BD disc icon for GTA or any other game I try. Also, once i swap dex to cex 84 inside rebug toolbox I've discovered that NO apps will launch at all....I'm completely stumped...
does the BD drive need to be removed since its useless? I tried a youtube jerry-rig method using cardboard to stick the ribbon intot he slot..it didnt work lol. does the ribbon need to be unhooked?

#HELP lol
After you click the game in multi man and it boots you back to the XMB menu have you tried clicking /app_home/PS3_GAME/ and see if the game loads up ?

Last edited:
MystikMunk420

MystikMunk420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
when I click on /app_home/PS3_GAME/ after "mounting" a game...i get the error code 8002F14E.

Out of curiosity...whats involved in going back to 100% OFW and then starting over with a NoBD CFW? (since my BD drive is pooched)

D

Deleted member 917179

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey , had the same issue in CFW noBD 4.81.

You see some kind of withe folder when you mount the game from multiman ?

If so , turn OFF cobra mode and it will work.

To use cobra mode and play game you will have to use Webman and not Multiman.

Top Bottom
Login
Register