News Destiny 2 STILL Locked At 30 FPS On [PS4] [XBOX ONE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

XeShaw

Hosting/Coding Nerd
Reaction score
Sin$
As most of you probably know by now, in the recent reveal, they confirmed that Destiny 2 will indeed be capped at 30 FPS on PS4, Xbox One, and even the PS4 Pro. (Granted, it will support 4K)

Am I the only one that's really disappointed? I'd like to know any of your guys' opinions on the subject.

30FPSIn2017Kappa

Saby

Saby

Paronomasia
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Scaling the Mountain Video Connoisseur
Reaction score
Sin$
As most of you probably know by now, in the recent reveal, they confirmed that Destiny 2 will indeed be capped at 30 FPS on PS4, Xbox One, and even the PS4 Pro. (Granted, it will support 4K)

Am I the only one that's really disappointed? I'd like to know any of your guys' opinions on the subject.

30FPSIn2017Kappa
Then get it for PC and stop complaining due to console limitations.

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$

30FPSIn2017Kappa
What Saby said. Console gaming just isn't as viable when developers are typically working with the latest and greatest from Intel/Nvidia/AMD. With how Destiny 2 is looking so far and with it also being an MMO, it can't possibly surprise you that 4-year old consoles are going to struggle with it.

I'm not saying PC master race, but.............

X

XeShaw

Hosting/Coding Nerd
Reaction score
Sin$
Then get it for PC and stop complaining due to console limitations.
1. I asked for opinions on the subject and not for you to complain about my complaining.

2. Not everyone can afford a $1000 PC vs a $200 used Xbox One like mine. lol.

And 3. I'm not even really complaining. I said I wanted people's opinions on the matter, and that I am disappointed because that was the number one thing I actually expected them to fix in Destiny 2. 
What Saby said. Console gaming just isn't as viable when developers are typically working with the latest and greatest from Intel/Nvidia/AMD. With how Destiny 2 is looking so far and with it also being an MMO, it can't possibly surprise you that 4-year old consoles are going to struggle with it.

I'm not saying PC master race, but.............
Destiny isn't a true MMO. But I do see where you're coming from. I sometimes overlook the fact that these consoles came out in 2013. Trust me, if I had the option to switch to PC, I would have long ago.

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
1. I asked for opinions on the subject and not for you to complain about my complaining.

And 3. I'm not even really complaining. I said I wanted people's opinions on the matter, and that I am disappointed because that was the number one thing I actually expected them to fix in Destiny 2. 
Destiny isn't a true MMO. But I do see where you're coming from. I sometimes overlook the fact that these consoles came out in 2013. Trust me, if I had the option to switch to PC, I would have long ago.
That's a fair point. I figure most people probably end up spending about the same anyway when you consider online subscriptions, cost of games, microtransactions on consoles, etc. but the price of a good-quality and up-to-date PC is nowhere near the cost of a console, there's no disputing that.

If it was possible, I'm sure they would get up to 60 and cap it, but as someone with a sub-par PC I can tell you frame stuttering and drops from 60 down anywhere from even 10 frames is very noticeable. I'm playing Black Desert Online recently and it keeps me up some nights when I think about how beautiful that game could look if my hardware wasn't so bad.

It's a shame but I'd be hard-pressed to find console gamers that, at this point, expect to be able to run most recent and particularly triple-A titles at anything more than 30 fps.

Saby

Saby

Paronomasia
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Scaling the Mountain Video Connoisseur
Reaction score
Sin$

Now you are just contradicting yourself. What's the point if you've already made yourself an opinion? Yeah, PC is expensive in the beginning. But once you have your first nice build it'll last quite awhile until you feel it needs to be upgraded.

Soldier

Soldier

Reporting for duty, sir!
Legendary Veteran Free Hoster Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$

1. That is his opinion, don't disregard what he said just because you don't agree with it.
2. Then don't complain about a AAA game in 2017 not doing 60fps on hardware from pre 2013, that's very old in tech especially considering those consoles were in development for years prior to that.
3. There are multiple reasons they can't/won't fix it on consoles, one being the devs probably think the FPS difference between regular Xbox One users and Scorpio users would be unfair, even though it wouldn't be IMO but it's their choice.

I got sick of the limitations on console so I built a PC once I could afford one it was the best decision I made in 2015, the only reason I still have a console is to play with my friends that still own them.

X

XeShaw

Hosting/Coding Nerd
Reaction score
Sin$
1. That is his opinion, don't disregard what he said just because you don't agree with it.
2. Then don't complain about a AAA game in 2017 not doing 60fps on hardware from pre 2013, that's very old in tech especially considering those consoles were in development for years prior to that.
3. There are multiple reasons they can't/won't fix it on consoles, one being the devs probably think the FPS difference between regular Xbox One users and Scorpio users would be unfair, even though it wouldn't be IMO but it's their choice.

I got sick of the limitations on console so I built a PC once I could afford one it was the best decision I made in 2015, the only reason I still have a console is to play with my friends that still own them.
I asked for opinions on the fact that it's still locked at 30fps, not opinions on my post. If he would've contributed to the post with an opinion on the actual subject instead of just being all "PC master race, dirty console peasants" on me, I wouldn't have disregarded it. But yes I see what you mean. As I said, I kind of overlooked the fact that these consoles were made in 2013. Doesn't seem that long ago to me. Lol. Closing the thread, since everyone that's replying is just saying the same opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register