• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
LookBroZombies_XBL

LookBroZombies_XBL

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I thought that I wanted to buy a PS4 as my next console since I have the One but now I'm debating getting the Switch instead. I know they are 2 completely different machines but that's where I'm at right now.

I loved Zelda, Mario, and Mario Kart on N64 when I was growing up and this seems like these new games are pretty similar. I know Mario/ Mario Kart aren't out yet but it seems like Zelda is getting great reviews and I don't want to watch game footage because I don't like spoilers (even 2 minutes of seeing the environments in the trailer was too much for me).

So how many people recommend buying the Switch at this stage? I'm sure there are other games out there that I may like but these are the only ones I know about.

Comments are always appreciated!

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It depends. I know its more expensive to get the switch curently then it is to pick up a ps4 or xbox one (excluding the ps4 pro) and both thoes systems come bundled with a game. But if you are alright paying $300 for just the console and one set of joycons (aka two seperate controllers) + the possibility of another set and $40 - $60 for games.

So it kinda comes down to how much you would be looking to spend + how much enjoyment you will get from the curent linup of games.

I myself don't regret my day1 purchase one bit as I have already compleaded Zelda BoTW's story and am working twords getting 100% of all the shrines.

slingblade1170

slingblade1170

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I love my switch. I may have done played it more than my Wii u.

x_GMaN_iz_GoD_z

x_GMaN_iz_GoD_z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Cynder is right. They are expensive right now considering you'd have to buy the game on it's own. Lately, I've been playing more Switch than XB1 and PS4 combined for the past 3 months... I'm obsessed!

If you're a zelda/mario fan than Breath of the Wild alone is worth the purchase, IMO. Mario Kart comes out next month and will have a ton of features added to the game. I'm loving the portability of it since I'm kinda on the go a lot with school and travels to visit family.

Smokesumnoobs

Smokesumnoobs

Reaction score
Sin$
It is worth the money as previously stated if you like the big N's game line up there are currently no real signs of third party development beyond "Yeah the Switch is a really cool device" almost as if they have all rehearsed that line. That is what will make or break this device. I own one myself and have already started mods and played way to much Zelda. I am a child from the 80's so maybe that is the reason why I would love to see it be a very successful machine. However if third party does not happen it will just be another Nintendo machine that hackers will have better support for then the company itself. It currently has some good games they are just what you have come to expect from Nintendo. Either way it has been a blast to finally have a real portable console.

My current Switch games: Zelda BOTW, SnipperClips, FastRMX

Master

Master

Magnanimous
10th Anniversary Grizzled Veteran Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I personally have no experience with the console, other than holding it and examining it while my co-worker brought it in the office the other day. I haven't actually had any hours gaming on it. I do believe it is a yes and no answer. If you are a big fan of Nintendo and their line up, you will most likely enjoy the console. Personally, the only real enjoyment I've had from Nintendo was their Gamecube. Other than that, I got rid of my wii, 3DS, and wii U. Lost interest rather quickly.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I thought that I wanted to buy a PS4 as my next console since I have the One but now I'm debating getting the Switch instead. I know they are 2 completely different machines but that's where I'm at right now.

I loved Zelda, Mario, and Mario Kart on N64 when I was growing up and this seems like these new games are pretty similar. I know Mario/ Mario Kart aren't out yet but it seems like Zelda is getting great reviews and I don't want to watch game footage because I don't like spoilers (even 2 minutes of seeing the environments in the trailer was too much for me).

So how many people recommend buying the Switch at this stage? I'm sure there are other games out there that I may like but these are the only ones I know about.

I'd say yes and no, it depends how big of a fan you're of the games out for it right now. If you're a big fan than sure buy it, if not wait. I'm sure you'd enjoy it either way but there really isn't much games out for it right now. They should of waited a little longer to release it.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

I watched AngryJoe's Switch review on Youtube. He spent $519 for the Switch, Pro controller, and the only two games out for it (Zelda, Dance) lol. The placement of the right thumbstick is what people have disliked and settled for the pro controller. $200-250 is what I think needs to be priced and it won't have many games coming out soon. You'll be stuck with Zelda for a while. I don't think that its worth the current retail price for the moment.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes and no, but here is the harsh reality, I don't see it dropping price anytime soon even this holiday season for the simple reason of demand > supply.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I watched AngryJoe's Switch review on Youtube. He spent $519 for the Switch, Pro controller, and the only two games out for it (Zelda, Dance) lol. The placement of the right thumbstick is what people have disliked and settled for the pro controller. $200-250 is what I think needs to be priced and it won't have many games coming out soon. You'll be stuck with Zelda for a while. I don't think that its worth the current retail price for the moment.
There are more games then just Zelda, so you can't use the "just zelda" argument at all. You can use that argument for all newer consoles as they come out if you don't broaden your horizons. Just because you choose not to acknowledge the other games that are out doesn't mean they stop existing...

Crooks

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
There are more games then just Zelda, so you can't use the "just zelda" argument at all. You can use that argument for all newer consoles as they come out if you don't broaden your horizons. Just because you choose not to acknowledge the other games that are out doesn't mean they stop existing...
I think he meant that Zelda is the only noteworthy game that appeals to most people purchasing the Switch, even though there are quite a few other games out.

Since I'm in Canada, the Nintendo Switch is hella expensive ($451 after taxes for the console alone) so it would cost me a ton of money to start up right now, but I am still going to purchase it as soon as I can lol.

LookBroZombies_XBL

LookBroZombies_XBL

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, I will take a look since I didn't know he had an angry review on the Switch

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Broaden my horizons? LMAO!!

Last edited:
Kayla Fox

Kayla Fox

Cool Chick
Reaction score
Sin$
As for myself, I do not think it is worth buying as of now, Not many games and the only game people talk about is BoTW, Which to me isn't worth it for just one game, You should wait for more games to be released and then see if you wish to buy one, Don't buy one cause "everyone gots one". 
Broaden my horizons? LMAO!!
Uhh, What's so funny about that?

Destiny

Destiny

#ZxathCheated #NeverForget
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Beginning of An Odyssey Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If you think any of the other games currently available are worth justifying the purchase then you're nuts. The ONLY good game out for the Switch is BOTW (1-2 Switch is entertaining for a bit), although I wouldn't say that justifies the purchase of one. Pretty disappointed with the amount of games available at release. I'll likely purchase one in the future as I'd love to finish playing BOTW but right now with lack of games, it's really not worth the purchase.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes and the lack of games argument is silly because the price of the console won't be dropping at all this year so whether you buy it now or later you'll be paying the same amount.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes and the lack of games argument is silly because the price of the console won't be dropping at all this year so whether you buy it now or later you'll be paying the same amount.
Price argument is circumstantial. In a few months the MSRP might be the same, but you'll definitely be able to get your hands on one for significantly less. Same as with pretty much anything.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Price argument is circumstantial. In a few months the MSRP might be the same, but you'll definitely be able to get your hands on one for significantly less. Same as with pretty much anything.
When demand is down you might be able too, but as long as stock remains scarce and demand stays high, retailers have no reason to discount it.

B

Bweiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It was worth it for me.

Only thing that kind of sucks is the left joycon being a little flaky when too far away from the Switch console. And by too far I mean 5 feet.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It was worth it for me.

Only thing that kind of sucks is the left joycon being a little flaky when too far away from the Switch console. And by too far I mean 5 feet.
Nintendo will warranty fix that free of charge.

Top Bottom
Login
Register