What's new

Discussion Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Official Complaint + Ban/Reset Discussion Thread

Ancients

Ancients

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive only boosted Sabotage and im 299 on LB but i have never done the cage match.
maybe that is what got you flagged. Or the fact that someone reported you and they looked into it.

MoMo

MoMo

"Swift"
Reporter Frame In Gold Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Got banned an hour and a half ago for "boosting". I played one match on team tac domination and went 89-124. Only a little over half the kills were head shots. Was 2nd prestige level 44.

I'm just trying to figure out if level is reset, camos are reset, calling cards etc... But I can't find a single goddamn answer online. Can anybody help?

K

K3LL0GSkid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3vmXrFPOxA
Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Got banned an hour and a half ago for "boosting". I played one match on team tac domination and went 89-124. Only a little over half the kills were head shots. Was 2nd prestige level 44.

I'm just trying to figure out if level is reset, camos are reset, calling cards etc... But I can't find a single goddamn answer online. Can anybody help?
Maybe one of your friends can look on the leaderboards on their end and see if what the deal is.

MoMo

MoMo

"Swift"
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe one of your friends can look on the leaderboards on their end and see if what the deal is.

I checked using my dads account immediately and I'm off the leaderboard. I just asked the same question on Reddit and one user says I lose everything including camos challenges etc :frown:

Ancients

Ancients

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I checked using my dads account immediately and I'm off the leaderboard. I just asked the same question on Reddit and one user says I lose everything including camos challenges etc :frown:
Thats super rough dude.. i wonder how all this is going down on their ends. :confused:

C

Credit 00

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly I don't get it, even if it is a glitch or a case of misuse, Shouldn't activision be seeking ways to make boosting not possible rather than digging at the public? You check out their twitter or cod forums and they don't seem to help anybody with their product, particularly the earlier cods, In fact it's the sole reason I signed up here for help and I'm glad I did. In this case, maybe someone that has 500+ headshots in a row are a bit obvious but there is no match played online that can be %100 guaranteed to be genuine. So for the guy who's in the top %1 and only played 3 days, sure they might need a spanking but maybe lay off everyone else. Just my 2 cents worth,, Oh, r they trying to get ppl on iw??

Call Me TaLenTz

Call Me TaLenTz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How long is the ban? I just got on today and see if am banned. I did cage match only. Split screen and with a friend 
I kept trying to get online and now it says temporary. 48 hour ban. Stats and leader boards will reset

Call Me TaLenTz

Call Me TaLenTz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just curious. Time will catch up unfortunately. Always does. I got mine today

Ancients

Ancients

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What were your stats, leaderboards placement, and primary boosting playlist?

MoMo

MoMo

"Swift"
Reaction score
Sin$
Just an update for those of you who have been banned for boosting. It lasted 48 hours for me. My 2nd prestige 44 account is now reset to level 1. Lost all camos earned, including the Gift Wrap and other Winter Crash one. The ONLY thing that still remains is the currency and scrap for the Depot and whatever unlocks (emblems, callsigns, camos and characters etc) you received from the Depot. All other callsigns and emblems have been revoked.

Sorry guys. It sucks they punish this severely

greyrags

greyrags

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Bruuuh same for me on x1 bro, prestige 7 banned for boost in cage match only

Soldier

Soldier

Reporting for duty, sir!
Legendary Veteran Free Hoster Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I was top ten when I posted this thread about one of the devs saying they would ban people, as soon as I read it everyone else I boosted with stopped boosting and none of us are banned. I just checked and we are still top 20 on sabotage, I'm thinking you must've been reported or something.

That or we are extremely lucky, either way I mostly play Titanfall 2 now anyways :tongue:

RexxiTu8

RexxiTu8

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess it was the cage match split screen? As that way they can see your in there with a split screen? So not only boosting your glitching aswell.

Never mind new account and start again :biggrin:

Ink

Ink

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
when was the last time you boosted before you got banned? cause i boosted a little and i havent in awhile but i receivedd a temp ban for 2 week from xbl so im not sure if that had anything to do with it or not... D:

CLXDefault

CLXDefault

Enjoying Life!
Mr. Nice Guy Frame In Gold Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
That really sucks but if you did boast that's your fault my brother.

G

Glendrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Only noobs boost in cod. You deserved it. You were boosting in a game that already helps you all the way. A game that (on console) finds enemies for you behind cover, because of the aim assist. It shoots the enemy for you even though that you are aiming behind them.
It even let you hit with a sniper, even though you are jumping around and have zero aim.

idincognito

idincognito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a definite YES. I boosted (MWR) about a prestige and half a weeks ago and everything was fine. The ban wave started and I got slapped with one. Whether you've boosted before or still are, you could be flagged. Thought I'd make this thread just to advise of what happened to me and an online friend today. The message states:

"This profile [----------] has been banned from using the following features due to a violation of the posted Security & Enforcement Policy. For more information, visit http://support.activision.com/mwr.

Multiplayer Gameplay
"

I tried reaching out and they will not discuss it as to the reason behind it but rather give a generic message of violating the policy and that all cases are reviewed through and in-game method a statistics.

EDIT

Tried it again and the message has changed to "46 hours remaining before access is granted"

Hope this at least somewhat helps anyone out there.

Last edited:
Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a definite YES. I boosted about a prestige and half a weeks ago and everything was fine. The ban wave started and I got slapped with one. Whether you've boosted before or still are, you could be flagged. Thought I'd make this thread just to advise of what happened to me and an online friend today. The message states:

"This profile [----------] has been banned from using the following features due to a violation of the posted Security & Enforcement Policy. For more information, visit http://support.activision.com/mwr.

Multiplayer Gameplay
"

I tried reaching out and they will not discuss it as to the reason behind it but rather give a generic message of violating the policy and that all cases are reviewed through and in-game method a statistics.

EDIT

Tried it again and the message has changed to "46 hours remaining before access is granted"

Hope this at least somewhat helps anyone out there.
Were you on CoD 4 on last gen or were you playing the remaster on a current-gen console?

Top Bottom
Login
Register