What's new

Discussion If you upgrade from xbox one to one S dont forget your free kinect adaptor.

• Thread starter duction
  • Start date
  • Views 1,635
D

duction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you upgrade your Xbox one to the One S you will notice the lack of kinect port, you can get in touch with Microsoft and they will send this neat kinect adaptor for the S model to run the kinect on it, free of charge so long as you have serial numbers of your old One and kinect :tongue:

PS: ignore the dogs head in the photo lol.

2ez7bky.jpg

FrazzleFrazer

FrazzleFrazer

HOLD THE DOOR
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope they have put a forth USB port on the S because I'm already using all 3 of the ports on the xbox atm... :frown:

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If you upgrade your Xbox one to the One S you will notice the lack of kinect port, you can get in touch with Microsoft and they will send this neat kinect adaptor for the S model to run the kinect on it, free of charge so long as you have serial numbers of your old One and kinect :tongue:

PS: ignore the dogs head in the photo lol.

2ez7bky.jpg
Guess I didn't pay too much attention to the specs, but really??? You need an adapter for a periphrial that can come bundled with the console. Seems a bit ridiculous.

D

duction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Guess I didn't pay too much attention to the specs, but really??? You need an adapter for a periphrial that can come bundled with the console. Seems a bit ridiculous.

Have you owned a Kinect 2.0? It's not just a crappy USB camera like the ps4 camera. It's like a console all of its own and is very powerful. I will have the check about the PC thing but I don't see why it wouldn't it's literally a power supply and Kinect adaptor to USB.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you owned a Kinect 2.0? It's not just a crappy USB camera like the ps4 camera. It's like a console all of its own and is very powerful. I will have the check about the PC thing but I don't see why it wouldn't it's literally a power supply and Kinect adaptor to USB.
So this adapter takes the Kinect and turns it into a crappy usb camera, since it uses usb obviously. (Insert sarcasm)

What I'm saying is that they have marketed so hard for the Kinect to be the selling point of the X1, yet they released an edition of the X1 without a Kinect port, thus forcing you to buy a USB adapter. Sounds more like a play from Apple then Microsoft.

D

duction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They haven't marketed the new S model 'hard' for the Kinect.. Infact I haven't seen one scrap of evidence they ever did. I assume you haven't owned a Kinect 2.0 because you didn't say you did. I own both and the Kinect blows the ps4 camera out of the water. Go and have a read up on what is can do.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
They haven't marketed the new S model 'hard' for the Kinect.. Infact I haven't seen one scrap of evidence they ever did. I assume you haven't owned a Kinect 2.0 because you didn't say you did. I own both and the Kinect blows the ps4 camera out of the water. Go and have a read up on what is can do.
Ok, because you can't take inferences, I'll spell it out for you. I have owned every version of the Kinect. There is a reason I diet the Microsoft sections. I generally know what I'm talking about in reference to Microsoft and the consoles they put out.

When the Kinect for the 360 came out, it needed an adapter for the older models. That was to be expected as the older models weren't designed for the Kinect. The adapter that you needed came with the Kinect when you bought it, and every subsequent version of the the 360 that came out had the needed port for the Kinect.

Now comes along the X1. As a whole, it has been hugely marketed for use with the Kinect. The X1 is a whole household entertainment system. Not just for gaming, but for everything, Kinect included. They offered a cheaper Kinect-less variant in order to compete with the PS4, but the X1 is still household oriented. When the 360 upgraded from the Slim to the Slim "E", they didn't get rid of the Kinect port, so why should a X1 to X1 Slim get rid of it. The goal of upgrading is to add features, not take them away, and make the customer buy an added attachment.

D

duction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you said the new Xbox is heavily aimed at Kinect but has no native port for it, which is utter nonsense. They haven't pushed the new console for Kinect use once and offer this modular system so it keeps the minority happy that wish to continue to use it.

I'm not sure where Xbox 360 comes into this discussion? Think I should help moderate thus section lol.

Edit: I assume you mean they advertised the original Xbox one for Kinect use but as we are talking about the new console here I can see where things get confusing. You can't apply the marketing for a different console to the new one when it's released and mock it for needed extra hardware.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
\
you said the new Xbox
There was a new Xbox released? Hmmm, no. There was a upgraded X1 released.
I'm not sure where Xbox 360 comes into this discussion? Think I should help moderate thus section lol.
The 360 came in to offer a a compare and contrast vs two actual different consoles. Something that you can't seem to wrap your head around.
dit: I assume you mean they advertised the original Xbox one for Kinect use but as we are talking about the new console here I can see where things get confusing. You can't apply the marketing for a different console to the new one when it's released and mock it for needed extra hardware.
Again, you talk about this like it is a different console. It's still an X1. Still plays X1. Can still use my X1 controller. This isn't a new console, it's an upgraded X1. Once you can see that, maybe you can see that the lack of a Kinect port is kinda confusing on Microsofts Part.

D

duction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a new model whether or not it's just an 'upgrade' I see this is going to be a pointless discussion, you have flaunted your mod status and boasted about knowing everything which is obviously wrong.

If they sold the Kinect with the console as a bundle then that would be 'confusing' but they haven't and wouldn't because they are not pushing or advertising this console 'hard' as you put it for his new console.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a new model whether or not it's just an 'upgrade' I see this is going to be a pointless discussion, you have flaunted your mod status and boasted about knowing everything which is obviously wrong.

If they sold the Kinect with the console as a bundle then that would be 'confusing' but they haven't and wouldn't because they are not pushing or advertising this console 'hard' as you put it for his new console.
You are dense, oh so dense. I haven't flaunted anything, just said I may know a thing or two about what I'm talking about. We shall try to explain this another way in which you may understand. Let's say they released this "model" without HDMI. You need to have a Component to HDMI converter in which to use a feature which has always been there and should always be there. Would that not make you scratch your head and wonder why. Probably not you, the the majority would. You would probably just chalk it up to a "newer model" and try to get the free adapter so you can use HDMI.

Moral of the story, this is just a plot by Microsoft to exploit people for more money. Plain and simple.

D

duction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Personal insults now? mature, im dense because I don't agree with you? saying Microsoft is just trying to make money by taking away the Kinect port but then giving away free add-ons doesn't even make sense lol.

Incase you didn't notice the console came with raft of new additions, over clocked gpu, 4K HDR output are just a few. It's a new console which ever way you look at it.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Personal insults now? mature, im dense because I don't agree with you? saying Microsoft is just trying to make money by taking away the Kinect port but then giving away free add-ons doesn't even make sense lol.

Incase you didn't notice the console came with raft of new additions, over clocked gpu, 4K HDR output are just a few. It's a new console which ever way you look at it.
Your not dense because you don't agree, your dense because you can't see simple analogies. At the heart and soul, it's still an X1. I have seen the new additions. They are upgrades, because that's what upgrade means. It doesnt mean removing current features of the same console.

D

duction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Your not dense because you don't agree, your dense because you can't see simple analogies. At the heart and soul, it's still an X1. I have seen the new additions. They are upgrades, because that's what upgrade means. It doesnt mean removing current features of the same console.

We have moved away from the topic at hand now, show me an advert for the new 'upgrade' console which is pushing the Kinect 'hard' so I can see what I'm not 'getting and being dense about'.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
We have moved away from the topic at hand now, show me an advert for the new 'upgrade' console which is pushing the Kinect 'hard' so I can see what I'm not 'getting and being dense about'.
The fact that you think we have moved away from the topic at hand is showing what you are being dense about. My original comment was just stating that removing a current feature on a upgraded console is rediculous. Same thing I stated in the last comment. Everything else is just supporting arguments for that statement.

D

duction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You said it's confusing by advertising hard the Kinect for the original Xbox one and when their new console comes out that it no longer natively supports the console. He fact is if you assume a new product will do exactly the same as the last one and the advertising campaign for he previous product must surely apply to the new one that was released over 2 years ago shows it is you that is confused and misinformed, not me.

Mater MFC

Mater MFC

Honey Badger
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so most people don't use the Kinect anyways, and if they do it's usually for voice commands, not gestures. Now Cortana can be used with a headset not even needing the Kinect.

Also, yes they are selling the adapter to make Kinect work, but OP stated that if you already have a Kinect and console you can get Microsoft to send you a free adapter. My Xbox One S will be here Thesday and I probably won't even bother trying to get the adapter.

mickyroche

mickyroche

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Xb1 designed with Kinnect in mind as a whole experience no matter what shape the actual console comes in. To try and suggest otherwise is stupid and narrow minded

Top Bottom
Login
Register