What's new

Game Mods halo 3 modding question. its been awhile...

• Thread starter deathwiz
  • Start date
  • Views 1,081
D

deathwiz

Reaction score
Sin$
so i have a few questions. its been a while since ive looked at halo 3 modding.

1.) How do i get started with halo 3 modding? i need to find out about the modded dashboards. Are there more then 1 to choose from?

2.) is halo 3 moddable online? as in will i be able to play online with friends?

3.) im assuming if there is online, then MM is out of the question right?

thats all for now. thank you in advance.

tfrasc

tfrasc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
1. You must get either xsata, xport, or a transfer cable for your xbox 360 to do mods like putting things like extra trees and davinci eggs in the maps. thats .con modding. Now for the fun stuff you have to either buy a $1000 ish dev kit, or just jtag hack your xbox 360. To jtag hack you must have an xbox with a dashboard with a kernel less than 7371 i believe. This hack and xreebot will allow your xbox to run unsigned code so that you can do .map mods like projectile swaps and skins for halo! Check here for http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-360-discussion/164321-jtag-freeboot-xbreboot-faq.html for help jtagging.

2. Halo 3 is not moddable online. you can play .con mods in custom games but not mm obviously. .map modding cant be online either unless the other person has a jtag xbox also (i think?)

3.Yes as i said its out of the question.

Hope i helped, and check out xbox 360 tutorials for more help! :smile:

H

haloasc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can confirm that you can .map mod online with a freeboot/jtag also can play mm with the .map mods, but you do need to change somethings.

Been online freebooting for 3 months xD

Note: It also depends on luck with the online part which I have had jtags banned with in a couple of minutes...

FlamingRabbit

FlamingRabbit

'08er
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
deathwiz said:
so i have a few questions. its been a while since ive looked at halo 3 modding.

1.) How do i get started with halo 3 modding? i need to find out about the modded dashboards. Are there more then 1 to choose from?

2.) is halo 3 moddable online? as in will i be able to play online with friends?

3.) im assuming if there is online, then MM is out of the question right?

thats all for now. thank you in advance.
1. You need a JTAG Xbox 360 or Dev kit. If you get a JTAG you need either XBReboot or FreeBoot
2. and 3. No, it's impossible unless the person you are playing with has the exact .map mod. There is absolutely no way to play .map online.
4. If you want to play .map mods, the only way to is on Halo 2, and the online sever for that (as Bungie announced on Bungie.net) shuts down April 14, plus you only need a transfer cable to make Halo 2 mods, not a whole JTAG or Dev Kit.

tfrasc

tfrasc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
haloasc said:
I can confirm that you can .map mod online with a freeboot/jtag also can play mm with the .map mods, but you do need to change somethings.

Been online freebooting for 3 months xD

Note: It also depends on luck with the online part which I have had jtags banned with in a couple of minutes...
:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

:mad:No dont listen to this kid he failed.
Ask anybody trustworthy on here. You can't .map mod on mm

Glitch100

Glitch100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
tfrasc said:

In theory you can- If all your party had identical .map files :smile:
We should try it sometime :biggrin:

H

haloasc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
tfrasc said:

Please don't call me kid, and yes you can .map mod in mm on halo 3 but some effects only work if your host.

P.S I think you'll find i'm far from a kid >:wink: 31/12/1980

Xerax

Xerax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Pedobear clearing some stuff up.

In matchmaking you cannot .map mod. The server checks your map to a version on their server, if it fails it will either skip the map or back you out.

For Custom Games, if you all have the same .map file, then you can play together.

Glitch100

Glitch100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
haloasc said:
Please don't call me kid, and yes you can .map mod in mm on halo 3 but some effects only work if your host.

P.S I think you'll find i'm far from a kid >:wink: 31/12/1980

Your thinking of .con mods.

H

haloasc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Glitch100 said:
Your thinking of .con mods.

No, I'll make an example take something like an explosive radias you get killed by the massive explosion but everyone else does not unless your host...

And person above you there are ways to get around that check.

Edit: I won't be checking this topic anymore because I know this argument will never end :smile:

D

Doob E Snack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
haloasc said:
No, I'll make an example take something like an explosive radias you get killed by the massive explosion but everyone else does not unless your host...

Edit: I won't be checking this topic anymore because I know this argument will never end :smile:

I'm sorry but your totally wrong. Listen to Alexx, Ive been modding .maps and playing with him on pnet for a couple years.

FlamingRabbit

FlamingRabbit

'08er
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
haloasc said:

That's in Halo 2 and 1, not Halo 3, they fixed that.

R

Renegade X25

Permabanned
Reaction score
Sin$
I like how he claims not to be a kid, but the high level of immaturity coming from him cycles this for us...You sir i don't mean to be mean, by all means, go try play a modded map on xbox live, if it works, i will donate my life, gf, daughter and all of my stuff to you. Oh and vid proof lol...stupid idiot.

Xerax

Xerax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Renegade X25 said:
I like how he claims not to be a kid, but the high level of immaturity coming from him cycles this for us...You sir i don't mean to be mean, by all means, go try play a modded map on xbox live, if it works, i will donate my life, gf, daughter and all of my stuff to you. Oh and vid proof lol...stupid idiot.

I'll match you and donate my life, parents, gf, dev kit, pubic hair stash and everything i own to you.

Glitch100

Glitch100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Call Me Alexx said:
I'll match you and donate my life, parents, gf, dev kit, pubic hair stash and everything i own to you.

Doesn't really count as you probably haven't got any pubes?

lx leo xl

lx leo xl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Glitch100 said:
Doesn't really count as you probably haven't got any pubes?
Very mature, it totally made it look like you had them and he didn't, good job

Glitch100

Glitch100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lx leo xl said:
Very mature, it totally made it look like you had them and he didn't, good job

Nice one; Now your trying to make it look like you have pubes. It's cool. We can have pubes together. Or we can trim.

Xerax

Xerax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Glitch and Leo sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. Now who's immature guys.

haha, just leave it :tongue:

Top Bottom
Login
Register