• Thread starter Squirrel_Assassin
  • Start date
  • Views 918
Squirrel_Assassin

Squirrel_Assassin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can anyone tell me what the difference if any between the regular E3 NOR Flasher and the Paperback Edition NOR Flasher is? Thanks.

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly, it doesn't matter which one you buy, just make sure you have the following : E3 Flasher, TF Cover board, NOR ribbon cable/clip, Micro SD card, and a USB Stick (8gb or higher) .

Squirrel_Assassin

Squirrel_Assassin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm back. A couple more questions if y'all don't mind.

1. When I jailbreak my PS3 will I lose the saved game & player info?

2. I only play GTAV on my PS3 so should I reload the entire game after the E3 Flash?

3. Any recommendations for a good, proven mod menu for GTAV online?

Again I am very appreciative for any help I have been given, Thank you very much.

Squirrel_Assassin

Squirrel_Assassin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Forgot, 1 more question: What is the storage capacity of the micro sd card I need for the E3 Flasher? Thank you.

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm back. A couple more questions if y'all don't mind.

1. When I jailbreak my PS3 will I lose the saved game & player info?

2. I only play GTAV on my PS3 so should I reload the entire game after the E3 Flash?

3. Any recommendations for a good, proven mod menu for GTAV online?

Again I am very appreciative for any help I have been given, Thank you very much.

Forgot, 1 more question: What is the storage capacity of the micro sd card I need for the E3 Flasher? Thank you.

1. I don't think you will lose any data because you're not formatting the console or anything that would remove saved data.
  2. What do you mean reload the entire game after the flash ? Make sure GTA V is out the Blu-ray drive during the downgrade.
  3. I recommend either of the following . [ Serendipity , Last Team Standing , Extortion , GNXKS ]
  4. It's recommended to be at least 1GB or more, I've seen most people use 2GB .

Squirrel_Assassin

Squirrel_Assassin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Awesome! All I need to do is go buy a Micro SD card tomorrow my E3 Flasher arrived today. The question about reloading the game was before I thought it thru you answered my question about losing data already. Thank you I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me. I'll let you know how it goes.

Squirrel_Assassin

Squirrel_Assassin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
HELP PLEASE! I got my E3 flasher and after many hours I got it hooked up correctly, the problem I'm having is that the update.bin file is not being flashed to the nor chip. I'm finding conflicting information from the upgrade threads. I put the file called update.bin on the root directory on my miniusb and then I set the switches on my e3 flasher 1 and 2 down and 3,4,5,6 up. When I turn on the power all of the green lights illuminate but that's it It doesn't light up the blue lights to show that the file has been accepted by the nor chip. I am positive that I have a good connection with the NOR chip and the clip. Am I using the correct file to jailbreak my console? I am at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. I formated the mini card to FAT32. I'm am very frustrated, I been waiting a while to get all the hardware I needed and now I'm so close to jail braking my console, it's killin' me. Help me please :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown: Thank you very much.

Ducknation

Ducknation

GO DUCKS WTD
Reaction score
Sin$
HELP PLEASE! I got my E3 flasher and after many hours I got it hooked up correctly, the problem I'm having is that the update.bin file is not being flashed to the nor chip. I'm finding conflicting information from the upgrade threads. I put the file called update.bin on the root directory on my miniusb and then I set the switches on my e3 flasher 1 and 2 down and 3,4,5,6 up. When I turn on the power all of the green lights illuminate but that's it It doesn't light up the blue lights to show that the file has been accepted by the nor chip. I am positive that I have a good connection with the NOR chip and the clip. Am I using the correct file to jailbreak my console? I am at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. I formated the mini card to FAT32. I'm am very frustrated, I been waiting a while to get all the hardware I needed and now I'm so close to jail braking my console, it's killin' me. Help me please :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown: Thank you very much.
I would ask Pianist Prodigy Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran MotM Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
It could be an issue with the sd card or the e3 flasher itself. You can try using different sd card. It could be your clip is not seated right or you do not have enough pressure. You check this out, as you can see you ain't only that haven't experienced the issue:
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...flasher blue light not reading the update.bin

Squirrel_Assassin

Squirrel_Assassin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
t could be an issue with the sd card or the e3 flasher itself. You can try using different sd card. It could be your clip is not seated right or you do not have enough pressure. You check this out, as you can see you ain't only that haven't experienced the issue:
Ok I think you hit the nail on the head. I bought a little C Clamp and lightly held the clip on and it got rid of the clip not seated errors. I kept getting a SD card not seated error and you're right the the card is bad. Thanks for the suggestions I'll let you know what happens tomorrow when i get another SD card.

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran MotM Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok I think you hit the nail on the head. I bought a little C Clamp and lightly held the clip on and it got rid of the clip not seated errors. I kept getting a SD card not seated error and you're right the the card is bad. Thanks for the suggestions I'll let you know what happens tomorrow when i get another SD card.
Using C-clamp give you better results and it works great. And yeah I knew that was the issue but glad resolved those issues. And you're welcome but those are from experience from downgraded several console from my shop.

Top Bottom
Login
Register