What's new

Discussion Nvidia 1080 revealed (Beats 980ti)

• Thread starter Prefix_NA
  • Start date
  • Views 1,301
Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Just sayin' but developers have a hand in making ****/buggy/unoptimised games. 5 Years dx 11? Tomb Raider 2013/Bioshock Infinite work well on all graphics cards and scale as you increase tier. Games made by developers who gave a **** about PC ports...

From your posts, your opinions seem that any game that runs like **** is automatically nvidia's fault, nvidia is literally hitler, amd master dx 12 race (even though majority of launched dx12 games were botched anyway even for amd), everyone needs an amd card for dx 12 (though majority of games adopting dx 12 are far off launch/in development)... Literally 99% of your posts are bias towards amd lol...

I am biased towards whats good and GCN was superior to Maxwell.

If you look at my older posts I used to favor many Kepler cards to GCN cards back before the bitcoin bubble collapsed and AMD cards returned to good pricing. I liked Kepler. I never liked Maxwell, I thought it was garbage.

Only still botched DX12 game really has been Tomb Raider, which is gameworks game.

Some would argue Gears was broken at launch but it seems fixed now. Many would also argue Quantum Break & Doom however Dooms only issue was forced vsync & Quantum Break was only broken for Nvidia.

I will agree on Tomb & Gears being broken & I would complain about windows store for Doom + Quantum break.

There was 1 Vulkan game that was botched at launch (worse performance on AMD + Nvidia over DX11) I forget the name.

Vulkan support for Doom is something I wanna see because Doom, while is Bethesda actually has good funding for it and the next gen API's should help alot.

When you look at games like Tomb Raider & Crysis they scale very well with modern GPU's I wouldn't really count Bioshock as a great example here but I wouldn't call it unoptimized I would put it middle of pack.

If a launch is a gameworks game & it fails 99% of the time its due to gameworks. The whole library is designed to hurt performance on AMD specific cards. 
When are amd announcing their new cards?
Rumor has it they are announcing them on 5/9/2016 which is today. However its unconfirmed.

Their main focus on Polaris is mid range & mobile (Nvidia dominates AMD in Mobile discrete GPU)

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
1080 worth the upgrade from a MSI R9 390?

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
1080 worth the upgrade from a MSI R9 390?
No idea yet only a few leaked benches.

Its about tied with the Fury X on Ashes of Singularity while Async is on and wins when its off. So its not gunna be a blowout. But its got many few features like new codecs for rendering & crap.

And if ur cards running things fine ur prob ok waiting another 1-2 generations.

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
No idea yet only a few leaked benches.

Its about tied with the Fury X on Ashes of Singularity while Async is on and wins when its off. So its not gunna be a blowout. But its got many few features like new codecs for rendering & crap.

And if ur cards running things fine ur prob ok waiting another 1-2 generations.
Everything is still running on ultra fine at the moment, I just don't know too much about parts yet.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Everything is still running on ultra fine at the moment, I just don't know too much about parts yet.

I typically tell people keep ur cards for about 2 generations unless ur having issues. Even if say near end of 400 series some games you have to turn down extra settings just to stretch out life then get like a 500 series card.

And if ur cards still fine when 500 series comes maybe ur good still. However this is the biggest bump we have had since GCN/Kepler releases.

Crash

Crash

Maniac
EotM Mr. Nice Guy Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I wonder how much my 980ti will be worth after the 1080 gets released

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I wonder how much my 980ti will be worth after the 1080 gets released
With the current price drops on the 980s not being substantial, I'd say somewhere around $350-$400.

Vero

Vero

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm personally more interested in the 1070. The differences between the 70 and 80 series of cards is usually a mere 10-20 frames. I apologize, to me, 20 frames is not worth another $300.00 USD. The difference between the 970 and Titan X is 30-40 frames and if that's the case imagine how many more frames you'll experience with the 1070, as the 1070 is more powerful than the Titan X. It will be orgasmic compared to the GPU I have now.

Top Bottom
Login
Register