• Thread starter Invisible Man
  • Start date
  • Views 1,995
AngeDeLaMort

AngeDeLaMort

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm stuck at 298 light and most engrams including legendaries are around 270 to 290 light

if your not raiding the way forward at this stage is to get your 300+ ghost from nightfall, your 310 artifact from the never ending taken quest and your exotic sword. this will make higher stuff start to drop

flaptastic

flaptastic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
oh goodie... 3 things I can't be doing :biggrin: I'm stuck at 296 btw...

ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer

HooHoo - Big Summa Blowout!
Reaction score
Sin$
Im honestly not sure. I think the thing that annoys me most is the 3 weeklys dont drop strange coins anymore. Ill do 3 raids, 3 nightfalls and 3 weeklys then play ark for the rest of the week.

Krewella

Krewella

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My favorite part about Destiny year 1 was right when Crota came out. The grind to hit 32 was real. At one point I created 3 characters in one week. It was beautiful. Then after hitting 32, we went back to grind the VoG for the weapons we were missing. Doing all 3 Nightfalls together and our weekly heroics praying for a legendary engram. God I miss those days.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't miss year 1 mechanics, I miss the weapons and raids/Prison of Elders. If both were in year 2 I would have no reason to ever look back. People seem to be beer-goggling year 1, but it had just as many issues. Year 2 feels much better, it's just stupidly dry because year 1 events and gear didn't move up.

M

MayaMoxxi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Let's see:

Year 1 Nightfalls gave us a chance at an exotic at maximum light level so it is of interest to people who play the Raid. The issue with year 1 Nightfalls were the poorly thought modifiers in existing strike layouts that forced people to cheese and Lightswitch made shotguns redundant in PvE activities. In year 2 we get modifiers that are hand picked that make the strike obnoxious like the Shield Brothers with Match Game, Grounded and Trickle.

Year 2 Weekly Heroics are not worth doing unless you need the Legendary Marks. A guaranteed 27 Strange Coins in 1-2 hours of play time was nice. But Bungie removed this despite saying they didn't want to make this game feel like a job huh?

Year 1 Trials gear was awesome. You had The Messenger, elemental primaries, and you could see the armour being sold. Now the best thing from the Lighthouse chest is the Doctrine of Passing with the best perk and your armour stat roll is at the mercy of RNG. Bungie decided to remove elemental primaries to make people use more guns but a lot of people just use Dead Orbit's Hung Jury. And in year 1, arc burn was the most common modifier so it's no wonder Fatebringer was used as much as it was.

Cost of infusing gear can be expensive if several steps are required because the attack/defence values are too big a different. This means people short on resources to pay for these upgrades are likely to use top tier gear exclusively. This seems contradictory to the relatively few Motes of Light needed to upgrade year 2 exotics. I do prefer having the exotic perk unlocked right from the beginning though.

Fusion rifles were actually worth using in year 1. Now they're called infusion rifles for a reason. Pity because Plan C and the Queenbreaker's Bow are fun to use and are worth justifying being powerful in PvP since special ammo was being curtailed and you are sacrificing an exotic primary.

No more exotic bounties that felt you actually earned that gun. The Chaperone quest could be legitimately questioned by winning Sparrow races. With Thorn's bounty, the only to question earning the revolver was to boost in Rumble with your friends.

Bounties were worth doing for reputation gain in year 1, now they're not worth the hassle any more.

Low impact sniper rifles were worth using until the Field Scout nerf (not sure when this was), and winning sniper duels with LDR/Longbow Synthesis users with the Praedyth's Revenge felt good since it has less aim assist. Oh and high impact assault rifles were worth using like the Shadow Price.

Oh and nearly everything released after the Vault of Glass sucked for the design of armour. I would love it if transmog could be used so I can use my Vault of Glass armour for aesthetics, while using the bonuses from my King's Fall armour. Plus, I can avenge Quria being taken by Oryx when I run my Warlock in King's Fall. And it would join up the lore more into the game.

Ultra Pikey

Ultra Pikey

The Welshman
AzzidReign Jr Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I miss the weapons pre House of Wolves and pre Dark Below. They were good solid weapons for both PvE and PvP.

Facts

Facts

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I miss the weapon and the old raids. Ice Breaker Y3 please, I just got mine

G

GAMINGKINGZz

Reaction score
Sin$
I do.

Waking up on reset, doing "meaningful" Nightfalls, running Crota and VoG, Prison of Elders, Farming the Wolves for engrams. The list of things to keep you busy during the week goes on and on.

Interested in hearing your thoughts and opinions.
the division will put the final nail in destinys coffin

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
A lot of people have said that about a lot of games and Destiny still seems to be doing fine.
That is true. But when the Division Beta was out, 4 out of 6 in my raid team was gone. And I'm not sure they will return this time...

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
That is true. But when the Division Beta was out, 4 out of 6 in my raid team was gone. And I'm not sure they will return this time...
To be fair, the Beta was only out for a limited time and of course everyone will be wanting to check into it. Everyone will be playing the Division for a while after it's released, since it is a new game. Then after a while, the people who like it will stay and the people who don't will return to Destiny or the other games they enjoy. The Division will definitely take quite a bit of Destiny's players, but the game will still go on. I'm trying to defend Destiny by any means, just telling it the way I see it.

G

GAMINGKINGZz

Reaction score
Sin$
i know if the beta did that think what the full game going to do

B

Blake Alverson

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
i know if the beta did that think what the full game going to do
The Division will take some players from Destiny, at least for a while, no doubt. Destiny will not die from this game launching though, no chance at all of that happening if i'm being honest. With the new update coming this spring too, everybody will play again, because Kings Fall will NOT be the only raid to do. VoG and Crota are coming back, ( At least me, and a lot of other people think that's what they're doing) this comment is NOT directed towards you to be mean, rude, or disrespectful, I just don't know why people think Destiny is going to die because a few people are mad because they A. Suck at Destiny or B. They don't get what they want as often as they would like to and don't understand how RNG works. Those are the only people who 'hate' the game.

Top Bottom
Login
Register