• Thread starter xbrahaxz
  • Start date
  • Views 18,786
xbrahaxz

xbrahaxz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks Anonymous Joey for posting the link to checking what type of motherboard you have.

Anonymous Joey said:
Check the date the console was manufactured or you can use this to help you: Xbox 360 hardware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I first jtagged my console, I was completely confused as all the diagrams and tutorials I was reading were somewhat different. So for all the new comers here is a detailed guide.

Youtube: Youtube Channel (video will soon be added :biggrin:)

Gamertag: xbrahaxz

AIM: xbrahax

MSN: [email protected]

PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/?ju1nokltkqg

JTAG XENON TUTORIAL (Written by: tmbinc)
Soldering Guide and Xexloader/XEXmenu installation Guide (Written by: xbrahaxz)

Check List: (All these can be found at Radioshack or Ebay)

Buy:
Xenon xbox360 (needs dashboard 7xxx or lower)(8955 unable)
* 5x 100ohm resistors
* 3x 330ohm resistors
* 1 Meter of kynar wire (30awg wire-wrap wire)
* 1x old printer cable (the type that you can unclick the plastic end bits to change pin configuration of the wires)

Download:
* nandpro (http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/xbox360pc/nandtools/nandpro20b.rar)
* dlportio (comes with nandpro)
* xenon_hack.bin file (rename to hack and put in nandpro20 folder)
* hex comparison (or a md5 hash program)

Soldering guide:

1. Solder in the lpt/jtag wires (picture below)

2.330 OHM (or switching diodes to make the currents move in one single line) make sure you keep those their forever, after you have made those connections time to bring out the 100 OHM

3. Note: On 4 you only need the connection going to the lpt, optional to add the extra diode.

4. Blue (2-1), Pink (3-2), Red (1-14), Yellow (5-17), Green (6-16), need to have the 100 OHM when making the connections. (If you are still unsure where the 100 OHM goes, the black rectangles on the colored lines (acting as wires) are the 100 OHM).

5. Time for the PC part of this tutorial.

caddgaacm.jpg

PC GUIDE:

1. Make a new folder called nandpro20 and place it in C drive

2. Install dlportio (port95nt.exe in nandpro folder) driver and reboot the PC.

3. In the windows start menu click on run and type in cmd then press enter (opens
command prompt)(Run as administrator if vista/windows7).

4. Plug the power into your xbox360 (do not turn it on)

5. Plug the LPT port into the PC (make sure its connected to Xbox)

6. At the command prompt type c:nandpro20nandpro.exe lpt: -r16 nandbackup1.bin

7. At the command prompt type c:nandpro20nandpro.exe lpt: -r16 nandbackup2.bin

8. Compare with hex comparison (if files are different repeat step 6,7,8 until they match so you are sure of a good backup)(2 or 3 times should be good).

9.At the prompt type nandpro nandbackup1.bin: -r16 rawkv.bin 1 1

At the prompt type nandpro xbr.bin: -w16 rawkv.bin 1 1

At the prompt type nandpro lpt: -w16 xbr.bin

10. Remove the LPT cable from the pc and boot the xbox360 and you should have a blue screen with writing (if you don't, you messed up, and need to repeat step 9).

11. (Optional) unsolder the lpt jtag wires but leave the ones with the 330ohm resistors they need to stay for life.

12. Place XEXLOADER or XEXMENU on the HDD or a DISK and run games, mods, etc.

XEXLOADER AND XEXMENU INSTALLATION:

Connect HDD to computer with transfer kit or wires
Open XPlorer 360
Open Hard drive
Go to partition 3

Your games are in Content�000000000000

After downloading XEXMenu or XEXLoader place the files into Content�000000000000 then plug it back into your xbox and it will be listed in Game Demos. (You might need to run it from a USB or disk) (You can use CD-R or DVD-R or DVD-R + DL to run XEXLoader or XEXMenu)

MORE TUTORIALS TO COME.
SAY THANKS ON S7 SINS
ENJOY
DON’T GET YOUR *** BANNED,
THIS WAS MENT FOR PLAYING GAMES NOT HACKING CALL OF DUTY 6

I

I Play Xbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Instead of 330 ohm resistors you should use switching diodes. Also, in EcpliseModz tutorial there are update diagrams for JTAG and LPT connections.

xbrahaxz

xbrahaxz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RahgfraM said:
Instead of 330 ohm resistors you should use switching diodes. Also, in EcpliseModz tutorial there are update diagrams for JTAG and LPT connections.

Added that in, thanks for suggestion.

Also, i found EcpliseModz tutorial confusing the first time. But it is still kind of wordy.

xbrahaxz

xbrahaxz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
lol You did not write this...

Erm, i have the original Word Document i wrote it on if you would like a copy.

Also, i got some of the information from this other site but revised it with more in detail, so yes i can take credit for this.

Plus its a better explained tutorial, but i do give you props as you added more pictures and information on jtagging other motherboard types.

Also, it would be nice if you would say thanks.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Plus the JTAG wiring is the old school ****ty diagram.

xbrahaxz said:
Erm, i have the original Word Document i wrote it on if you would like a copy.

Also, i got some of the information from this other site but revised it with more in detail, so yes i can take credit for this.

Plus its a better explained tutorial, but i do give you props as you added more pictures and information on jtagging other motherboard types.
No you cannot take credit because you rearranged things. Argue more and I will not be nice and close it.

xbrahaxz

xbrahaxz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Plus the JTAG wiring is the old school ****ty diagram.

No you cannot take credit because you rearranged things. Argue more and I will not be nice and close it.

Na dude, i added more detail. Besides this is 90% custom besides the picture. So you cannot just say close this. Because it will probably not be closed.

GTFO Hater.

Why is it that when someone try's to improve the site with a tutorial a in-competent fool like you has to ruin it. Why did they even make you a moderator when you troll users for helping. Besides i wrote this. I got facts from other sites then used those facts and added it.

So as again GTFO.

Also, i added a source, so don't edit my post changing it, this was made by me and you need to show your proof before replying to my thread showing where i supposedly took credit from.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
xbrahaxz said:
Na dude, i added more detail. Besides this is 90% custom besides the picture. So you cannot just say close this. Because it will probably not be closed.

GTFO Hater.

Why is it that when someone try's to improve the site with a tutorial a in-competent fool like you has to ruin it. Why did they even make you a moderator when you troll users for helping. Besides i wrote this. I got facts from other sites then used those facts and added it.

So as again GTFO.
Are you serious? I AM LOOKING AT THE TUTORIAL YOU RIPPED!

Do you really want to argue with me? I would have absolutely NO PROBLEM if you never claimed it as your own. You added a couple things like the soldering and xexloader. But EVERYTHING ELSE IS FROM THE TUTORIAL YOU RIPPED!

90% custom my ***.
All you did was stretch it.

Ben

Ben

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I really wouldn't argue with him he can have this topic closed, or deleted. He isn't a hater he is just telling the truth too..

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Re-write it in YOUR OWN words and pm me when its done.
OR
Leave it as it is and accept that you need to give credit for half of this.

Your choice. PM me when you decide.

F

Formula10

Reaction score
Sin$
12. Place XEXLOADER or XEXMENU on the HDD or a DISK and run games, mods, etc.

XEXLOADER AND XEXMENU INSTALLATION:

Connect HDD to computer with transfer kit or wires
Open XPlorer 360
Open Hard drive
Go to partition 3

Your games are in Content\0000000000000

After downloading XEXMenu or XEXLoader place the files into Content\0000000000000 then plug it back into your xbox and it will be listed in Game Demos. (You might need to run it from a USB or disk) (You can use CD-R or DVD-R or DVD-R + DL to run XEXLoader or XEXMenu)

I found this step confusing and lacking, i ended up injecting my kv and config into xbreboot and then flashing that to my nand. But anyways The tut was really easy and worked for me. :thumbup:

D

dhh93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
does jtag work on firmware 2858? i was unsure because it is SO old.

xbrahaxz

xbrahaxz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
dhh93 said:
does jtag work on firmware 2858? i was unsure because it is SO old.

yes, it should, i'll buy your 2858 if your selling it, my bro needs an xbox 360.

J

justin1022

Reaction score
Sin$
hey i want to do this never jtaged a xbox before.. would you mind if i added you on xbox and asked a few questions to get me started?

D

datszach4u

Reaction score
Sin$
How can you tell if its a Xexon or not?
I have a few RRODed xbox's collecting dust that I can easily fix and wanted to know if one was a Xexon or not thanks.

C

Caleb Ragnarok

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey I have a problem flashing. I did the dumps on a different PC that was a friends. I have three laptops with the right port. When I try to use any of these the NAND is only half written. The dumps never match up. The Xenon I am working on WAS working and it got an E74, so I reflowed it.. Then all I got was e79. So I reflashed and I can't seem to write the entire nand.

Is there a command I can use to write the nand in segments? I know there is one to read the nand in pieces, but is there a way I can flash 000 to 1FF, 200 to 2FF, 300 to 3FF? I think this may work. From what was actually written, its 100%. But after a certain number, it won't right. Its supposed to be all FF FF FF, but all I see is 00 00 00.

Anyone have any ideas?
+ rep for this tut!

Top Bottom
Login
Register