• Start date
  • Views 355,798
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hippie1171

Reaction score
Sin$
Do you recommend putting new thermal paste on chip after installing E3 Flasher?

H

Hippie1171

Reaction score
Sin$
Cool thanks for info 
I have 3 ps3, 2 slims that i should be able to work with an superslim incase of i screw up

2good4youcuz

2good4youcuz

Reaction score
Sin$
Heey people I'm new to forums so I do not know exactly where to post please do not hate but I have a problem I have a jailbroken ps3 slim on 4.50 currently but when I try to play gt6 it say a error message and I have tried some off the tactics to fix it but I can't except when I am on 4.70.1 rebug but then I can't use ccapi by that I mean I can't install ccapi on my ps3 the pkg is on my ps3 but it won't install.what I want to do was use ccapi to mod my cars gt6 offline.any help will be greatly appreciated :smile: :smile: cheers in advance

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran MotM Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
Heey people I'm new to forums so I do not know exactly where to post please do not hate but I have a problem I have a jailbroken ps3 slim on 4.50 currently but when I try to play gt6 it say a error message and I have tried some off the tactics to fix it but I can't except when I am on 4.70.1 rebug but then I can't use ccapi by that I mean I can't install ccapi on my ps3 the pkg is on my ps3 but it won't install.what I want to do was use ccapi to mod my cars gt6 offline.any help will be greatly appreciated :smile: :smile: cheers in advance
Please make a thread here for the PS3 support section.

2good4youcuz

2good4youcuz

Reaction score
Sin$
No problem everyone makes mistakes when they're new to the Community, even I did lol.
It's very confusing to me I mean I've never been in a forum before so I didn't know who to ask,where to ask it,or didn't even really know much about my jailbroken ps3 all I know is the basics I had to teach my self as I got it Givin to me haha but thank you for helping me out with where to post it i got one person helping me i dont know if anyone has had this problem before but it could be different so hope that I get it fixed and again thank you so much for your guidance :smile: :wink:

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran MotM Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
It's very confusing to me I mean I've never been in a forum before so I didn't know who to ask,where to ask it,or didn't even really know much about my jailbroken ps3 all I know is the basics I had to teach my self as I got it Givin to me haha but thank you for helping me out with where to post it i got one person helping me i dont know if anyone has had this problem before but it could be different so hope that I get it fixed and again thank you so much for your guidance :smile: :wink:
No problem man, and this is my section so I supposed to direct members into the right direction and give me them my best guidance to helping resolve their issues.

illegaal117

illegaal117

Reaction score
Sin$
How do I know if I am able to downgrade my PS3?

The easiest way is to download Minimum Version Checker here is the file http://www.mediafire.com/download/l0061hcdavwmsb9/MinVerChk.rar you will see a "PS3UPDAT.PUP" file. Put that file in a folder named "UPDATE" and that folder in another folder named "PS3", now move the "PS3" folder to the root of your USB. Then go the "Settings" tab on your PS3, and click on "System Update". Choose "Update via Storage Media". It will detect your PS3 update as a "Version Check by Ifcaro" click "OK"
After it says "Please wait..." for a couple of second it will tell you your PS3 base firmware, as long as it says 3.55 or lower you are good to go!
i hope this thread is not dead. but i dont understand one thing in this topic. its said that if you run the version check and it says the base firmware is lower or exact pretty much good to go ? mine shows 3,50 and i have chech2504a b1 but i have updated it to the latest 4,76? so that means i m fked pretty much or my only way is to use E3 flasher ( excluding all chances doing the software method?

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
i hope this thread is not dead. but i dont understand one thing in this topic. its said that if you run the version check and it says the base firmware is lower or exact pretty much good to go ? mine shows 3,50 and i have chech2504a b1 but i have updated it to the latest 4,76? so that means i m fked pretty much or my only way is to use E3 flasher ( excluding all chances doing the software method?

So your lowest version is 3.50 which is good meaning that your console is Jailbreakable. Sadly though since you are on 4.76 right now you will NEED an e3 Flasher to downgrade your console and then Jailbreak it, there is no other way.

illegaal117

illegaal117

Reaction score
Sin$
So your lowest version is 3.50 which is good meaning that your console is Jailbreakable. Sadly though since you are on 4.76 right now you will NEED an e3 Flasher to downgrade your console and then Jailbreak it, there is no other way.

thanks reaper for the answer :biggrin: now i know where i m heading and btw this forum has everything for it :smile: very nice guides and detailed. _0_

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks reaper for the answer :biggrin: now i know where i m heading and btw this forum has everything for it :smile: very nice guides and detailed. _0_

No worries glad I could help, if you need anything else let me know!!! :wink:

cereal killa699

cereal killa699

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi I'm pretty new to modding ps3 and I have saw other TUTs that say there is a jailbreak for psn ofw 4.76. Is this true or do you absolutely have to downgrade your console in order to jailbreak?

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi I'm pretty new to modding ps3 and I have saw other TUTs that say there is a jailbreak for psn ofw 4.76. Is this true or do you absolutely have to downgrade your console in order to jailbreak?

What they are referring to is that there is Jailbroken custom firmware for 4.76; there is NOT a way to jailbreak your console if it is on OFW 4.76, you can ONLY utilize the Jailbreak exploit if your console is on Sony 3.55 OFW or lower, and since you are obviously on 4.76 you will need a hardware tool like an e3 Flasher to downgrade your console back to 3.55 and then you can Jailbreak it on whatever CFW you choose from that point.

cereal killa699

cereal killa699

Reaction score
Sin$
What they are referring to is that there is Jailbroken custom firmware for 4.76; there is NOT a way to jailbreak your console if it is on OFW 4.76, you can ONLY utilize the Jailbreak exploit if your console is on Sony 3.55 OFW or lower, and since you are obviously on 4.76 you will need a hardware tool like an e3 Flasher to downgrade your console back to 3.55 and then you can Jailbreak it on whatever CFW you choose from that point.
thanks, it makes a lot more sense now

cereal killa699

cereal killa699

Reaction score
Sin$
i can downgrade all the way back to 2.7 lol, now to go buy myself an E3 :biggrin:

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
i can downgrade all the way back to 2.7 lol, now to go buy myself an E3 :biggrin:

Glad you figured it out, yeah get you an e3 Flasher and downgrade it then Jailbreak it. If you have more questions feel free to ask and I will help any way I can! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register