С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm probably around 20 hours into the game and have only done 3-4 main quests. There is just so much to see and do.
For me, I always just end up getting sidetracked by stuff.

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
So damn fun. I have already finished the actual game, but there is still tons of **** to do after you finish. I love this game man.

No Pants Party

No Pants Party

Whiskey.
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
For me, I always just end up getting sidetracked by stuff.
Same happens to me. For example: I was going to do one mission, I end up finding Vault 81 and I end up exploring that place for the next 1-2 hours...

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Same happens to me. For example: I was going to do one mission, I end up finding Vault 81 and I end up exploring that place for the next 1-2 hours...
All I had to do in there was talk to the Overseer but yeah, I ended up hanging around in there for quite some time.

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
In my honest opinion, there are some things that Fallout 4 does well and there are other aspects that it's lacking in. I've had this unshakable feeling that the game is "smaller" than previous games. I'm not sure why, maybe it's the addition of settlements and many different map markers, but I feel like there's less ground to cover and the game just feels small to me. Adding on to that, although I do love to explore in this game, the lack of truly "unique" weapons really kills it for me. I loved finding rare and unique weapons that had a unique effect and appearance to them and now, you can just mod your own weapons to be better than any "unique" weapons that you might find. In Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I loved finding the unique weapons and they were the only ones I used, even with all the mods that were available to me through PC mods. "A Light Shining in Darkness" was the only gun I used in Fallout New Vegas because of the character who used it (Joshua Graham), the way it looked, and how awesome of a weapon it was overall. It's cool that you can mod weapons to be unique in a sense, but I always thought of the unique weapons Bethesda made as a neat reward for exploring, siding with a certain faction, or meeting a certain requirements.

That said, there are a great sum of things that Fallout 4 does well, and an even great number of things that it does very well. The combat is what I always envisioned for a future Fallout game after 3 and New Vegas. The pacing of the game and the action is intense and actually requires a level of strategy if you play it on a harder difficulty. Feral Ghoul swarms, though I've seen dozens of them, always scare the crap out of me and it's exhilarating to be able to play a Fallout game and actually get startled from Feral Ghouls. In previous games, a lot of the enemies were a joke and it feels like they all got the treatment they needed. Super Mutants are walls and will require you to be strategic if you don't want to get shot and smashed to death, or blown up by a missile launcher-wielding Super Mutant at the top of a building. Ferals swarm you in huge groups and you need to be quick and accurate to get out of a fight unscathed. All of the other enemies are entirely different from each other and it feels like there's a different method to efficiently fight all of them and I really like that about the game.

I certainly don't want to forget about the plot and dialogue in the game, either. This added so much that I felt previous Fallout games were missing, which is actual substance to your character. Sure, you could make your character whoever they wanted to be and you could even project your own voice onto that character and maybe that was enough for the imaginative, but to me, it felt like a lack of a voice made my character lack substance. Though it was met with skepticism when their trailer was shown at E3, a voiced protagonist worked out incredibly well in their favor. I was concerned about how it would affect expansion-type mods that modders on Steam/NexusMods create, but with the absurdly high amount of dialogue there is from the protagonist, I'm sure that modders will have no trouble giving voices to their mods.

There's a lot more I could talk about, but this covers my most and least favorite things about the game. Overall, I'd give it a solid 9 or 9.5 and I'd give it a perfect score if the A.I. and settlements weren't so buggy. They have made plans to fix them in the next couple of weeks, though, so I'm looking forward to those fixes.

If anyone was debating on whether or not to get this game; just do it, man. I bought Fallout 3 GOTY on a whim a few years back and I've been addicted to the entire series ever since. Fallout 4 has built on what made previous Fallout games and despite being on a newly developed engine and being updated to modern "standards" of gameplay, it still feels like a Fallout game. Bethesda has really outdone themselves with this and I'm so excited to see expansions, DLCs and content added through patches which they have already confirmed. To tie me over until they can release the expansions, the Creation Kit and the wonderful mods that will come from the modding community will definitely occupy me.

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm loving the game, but it's also lacking in certain areas. I can't wait until mods are made portable to consoles.

MrMurder420

MrMurder420

Trailer Park Boy
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm loving the game, but it's also lacking in certain areas. I can't wait until mods are made portable to consoles.

Curious. In your opinion what or where is lacking ?

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Curious. In your opinion what or where is lacking ?
For me, it's mostly the size. I mean the exploration is amazing, but it feels smaller for some reason than the previous games. I love the game though, this is just a small inconvenience for me.

MrMurder420

MrMurder420

Trailer Park Boy
Reaction score
Sin$
For me, it's mostly the size. I mean the exploration is amazing, but it feels smaller for some reason than the previous games. I love the game though, this is just a small inconvenience for me.

Agreed I believe it is smaller ... but it has muchhhh more content.. loving jus being able to build a settlement and so much more. Thanks for input :smile:

Pool

Pool

Gone Swimming
Tutorial Creator Services Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Rank 25 and just started the Diamond City storyline. I love this game. F*ck metacritic user reviews lol, there is so much stuff to do, its ridiculous. I haven't even started building villages. This game is totally worth the money!

X

xXxDarkkillerxXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This game is making me consider buying a xbox one it look's like a great game from what I seen.

Top Bottom
Login
Register