Kim Kardashian

Kim Kardashian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
HOW TO DO THE GAMERTAG GLITCH ON HALO 3​

Before Doing, Please Read.
*This is only temporary.
*You MUST have two controllers in order for this to work.
*You will not be able to view file shares or Bungie Favorites for this glitch makes you an offline account in a sense.
*Your armor may be reset temporarily.
*DO NOT sign in any guest accounts while this glitch is active.
*Make sure your connection is set to Xbox LIVE and you are signed in with a gold subscription account.

STEPS IN ORDER:

1.) Go to the matchmaking lobby and select which playlist you wish to play.
2.) Turn on/plug in your second controller.
3.) Back out to the Main Menu
4.) Press the "A" button on the controller you just turned on. (The one that isn't signed in yet.) A menu you will pop up asking if you want to use a gamer profile or a temporary profile. Select "Use a Temporary Profile" then at the next pop up menu HIGHLIGHT, "Yes."(Don't press anything!) Then you can set that controller aside.
5.) Use your controller that is signed in to press the middle button on your controller. This brings up the mini dashboard. Now press it again and quickly press "A" when the mini dashboard goes away. Do this again once in the lobby to start the game. Right after you start the countdown bring up the mini dashboard again by pressing the center button.
6.) Once you see that you are in a game lobby, close the mini dashboard and select, "Yes."
7.) Now, you're almost done. Simply either veto the map or change any piece of your armor. (You can change your armor back right away.)
8.) You're done! You now have a random Halo 3/Bungie generated gamertag.

Here's the catch! It only works one game at a time. What I mean is that you have to sign out then back in and repeat steps 1-7 in order to do it again and get another random gamertag. You will notice that when it won't load information from the server and you can't start a match.

Once you get the steps down, it's actually pretty quick and easy to do this over and over again. I hope you all have fun with this! It's great if you have a capture card and can record the people's reactions to your gamertag changing mid lobby. You can't get banned for this by the way. You're 100% safe :biggrin:

*ALL CREDIT GOES TO Halo3Archives*
Video TUT Below!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAs4AGaJGsg

This is the first tut I have submitted. I just wanted to try and contribute.

jack3d

jack3d

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First and foremost, I've been using this glitch for a while now and I found it in this post, so thankyou for that. But I do have a couple of amendments I've figured out from playing with it that can make this easy process even easier.

You never actually have to highlight "Yes" on the "ARE YOU SURE..." screen. You don't need to move the cursor or press any buttons whatsoever, for that matter, until the last time when you finally press YES.

You don't need to wait for the GAME SETUP to perform the final Guide button (mini menu)-Guide button trick. You can actually press the Guide button at any time during the search process (but after you do the trick during the countdown, obviously). It works even before any players are found, just press it again to exit the Guide once the gamertags are revealed and it will bring up that final ARE YOU SURE... screen that you select YES on. This is easier for a couple reasons: you don't need to keep your eyes trained on the background to catch the GAME SETUP in time. You can just press the Guide button when the search starts and press it again at any time after the players are revealed. Also, with the Guide mini menu up, the background where the search is happening is no longer blurred like it is with the ARE YOU SURE... screen in the foreground. So it's a bit easier to keep and eye on.

Again, thanks for the tut. Hopefully this makes it even easier for people to perform this fun little glitch.

Jessieofwg

Jessieofwg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Did this today and now it always says failed to load halo 3 blah blah and can't play matchmaking help??

Avery

Avery

YouTube//Avxry
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Greeter Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I need to find my other controller. Thanks for the tutorial.

Blue

Blue

Tippy Top.
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess I'm a little late to the party considering I'm only learning the glitch just about 4 years later. Good post anyhow.

Top Bottom
Login
Register