What's new

Discussion Build Sponsors

iGLaDOS

iGLaDOS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so I see people on forums that get build sponsors and stuff. Companies will send them their own products to use in a build. I was wondering if anyone here has ever gotten a sponsor and how could I get a sponsor for a build?

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so I see people on forums that get build sponsors and stuff. Companies will send them their own products to use in a build. I was wondering if anyone here has ever gotten a sponsor and how could I get a sponsor for a build?
Get popular on utube then companies will pay you to use their **** as long as you show it off think of people like Linus from Linus Tech Tips however he has been going downhill since he got popular and he just bends over backwards lying for Nvidia and crap now.

iGLaDOS

iGLaDOS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Get popular on utube then companies will pay you to use their **** as long as you show it off think of people like Linus from Linus Tech Tips however he has been going downhill since he got popular and he just bends over backwards lying for Nvidia and crap now.
I'm interested in how you think Linus lies for Nvidia? Plus they don't need lies since their products are all naturally better than AMD's
(;;

★★♫★★
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm interested in how you think Linus lies for Nvidia? Plus they don't need lies since their products are all naturally better than AMD's
(;;
He is for Nvidia all the way and I like them as well. Amd cards, I used to have a 280x and it sucked.

iGLaDOS

iGLaDOS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
He is for Nvidia all the way and I like them as well. Amd cards, I used to have a 280x and it sucked.
I'm an nvidia guy. AMD is cheaper but Nvidia just seems so much more professional with lower temps and higher efficieny. I wonder why AMD doesn't get better about that stuff

★★♫★★
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm an nvidia guy. AMD is cheaper but Nvidia just seems so much more professional with lower temps and higher efficieny. I wonder why AMD doesn't get better about that stuff
I agree, that's probably why they are cheaper cards. I also like Nvidia's software.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree, that's probably why they are cheaper cards. I also like Nvidia's software.
Its not about their software or hardware its about their business practices they are worse than if Hitler and Stalin had a baby that was raised by Satan.

iGLaDOS

iGLaDOS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They will be amazing. Close to a titan or better and it will be a hefty price tag as well.
Eh price doesn't matter(;

Its not about their software or hardware its about their business practices they are worse than if Hitler and Stalin had a baby that was raised by Satan.
Well that's a little extreme. AMD fanboy? I don't see much wrong with Nvidia

★★♫★★
Reaction score
Sin$

Same here. They don't take pride in their cards, they only have cheap and good cpu's. Their cpu's is the only thing I like about AMD.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Same here. They don't take pride in their cards, they only have cheap and good cpu's. Their cpu's is the only thing I like about AMD.
that's..? well? what? That's the wrong way around. There's a good chance the 390 and 390x are going to out-perform NVidia top of the line GPUs. We can't guarantee it yet but there's a good chance. If the 980Ti is a flop like the 980, and the 390 and 390x are significantly better than Nvidias cards, Ill be swapping my SLI 970s for an XFire setup. AMD cards are hardly that much hotter than NVidia cards and aren't that much less efficient in all honesty(for the most part). AMD's CPU's however, are terrible. They know that. That's why they're working on AM4 now, because AM3+ has been dead for a long time and they've only been releasing APUs.

As for Linus being an Nvidia fan boy, I don't think so. He has to pay for his channel to stay up and running obviously and companies pay him to do build logs. Linus doesn't claim NVidia are better than AMD, ever. He never says anything completely false IMHO. Sure, Nvidia get more show but thats because AMD don't send LTT much to review because there's not much worth reviewing. Rebranded cards obviously aren't worth reviewing, and neither are APUs that are the same as the last release, and with no new decent CPUs, how can he do a video on that?

As for being sponsored-Just because LTT, JayzTwoCentz and all these people with like over a quarter of a million subs, at least, get loads of free goodies, doesn't mean you can. You need to be able to show this stuff off, give the company some publicity so they can make some money. If you have a smaller amount of subscribers, you might be able to get cases and what not but it's unlikely you'd be able to get a sponsor to cover the more costly components in your rig, unless you had multiple sponsors.

Sponsorship's work the same in all different subjects. Skaters, racers, sportsmen etc etc

★★♫★★
Reaction score
Sin$
that's..? well? what? That's the wrong way around. There's a good chance the 390 and 390x are going to out-perform NVidia top of the line GPUs. We can't guarantee it yet but there's a good chance. If the 980Ti is a flop like the 980, and the 390 and 390x are significantly better than Nvidias cards, Ill be swapping my SLI 970s for an XFire setup. AMD cards are hardly that much hotter than NVidia cards and aren't that much less efficient in all honesty(for the most part). AMD's CPU's however, are terrible. They know that. That's why they're working on AM4 now, because AM3+ has been dead for a long time and they've only been releasing APUs.

As for Linus being an Nvidia fan boy, I don't think so. He has to pay for his channel to stay up and running obviously and companies pay him to do build logs. Linus doesn't claim NVidia are better than AMD, ever. He never says anything completely false IMHO. Sure, Nvidia get more show but thats because AMD don't send LTT much to review because there's not much worth reviewing. Rebranded cards obviously aren't worth reviewing, and neither are APUs that are the same as the last release, and with no new decent CPUs, how can he do a video on that?

As for being sponsored-Just because LTT, JayzTwoCentz and all these people with like over a quarter of a million subs, at least, get loads of free goodies, doesn't mean you can. You need to be able to show this stuff off, give the company some publicity so they can make some money. If you have a smaller amount of subscribers, you might be able to get cases and what not but it's unlikely you'd be able to get a sponsor to cover the more costly components in your rig, unless you had multiple sponsors.

Sponsorship's work the same in all different subjects. Skaters, racers, sportsmen etc etc
I know that. The only sponsor I could get was KontrolFreek. The AMD 390 will be a badass card, but I am saying as of now. Nvidia takes the lead so far. I wasn't too pleased with my 280x.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$

Not sure if you have been keeping up with the whole gameworks thing but starting last year they were really pushing gameworks to hurt AMD performance they kept this trend but lately on the last few gameworks games people noticed something.

The 780TI was on part with the 960 in benchmarks and was way behind the 280X This shouldn't happen when you look at performance of the games in non gameworks games the 780ti still holds up but in games like project cars, witcher, etc the 700 series has complete crap performance.

Many devs like Dice have publicly they refuse to use gameworks because it hurts performance even of nvidia cards but it affects AMD moreso (similar to the Crysis 2 fiasco where Nvidia libraries forced them to even excessively tessellated stuff under the map as AMD cards have worse tessellation) AMD added a tesselation limit in CCC you can use now so Nvidia can not use tesselation specifically against them however if you look at witcher 3 even on a 970 hairworks kills the card and if your planning on using hairworks on a 780ti don't even think about it. Witcher 3 and project cars even force Physx not sure if you know this but Nvidia blocked GPU acceleration on Physx for AMD so all those physx features force onto the CPU older games this was fine as they had options to turn off Physx but recent gameworks games Physx is not optional its forced.

When a company hurts itself to hurt their competition more its ****. Project cars nvidia even had the devs use the old intel compiler from 10 years ago which lowers performance of AMD CPU's (u can fix with Intel Compiler Patcher.) And people didn't mind this as much as they mind that the devs flat out lied.

Project car devs said "Nvidia has not paid us one penny" yet they have 150 nvidia billboards in the game advertising for nvidia and all through game menu's Nvidia logo's everywhere.

Nvidia said Gameworks does not impact performance of competing hardware it only enhances geforce. Yet its impacting even geforce.

Its ok to say Nvidia has decent graphics cards but if you respect them as a company your either ignorant of their practices or your an ***hole.

If you respected Intel 10 years ago as a company you were an ***hole as well but Intel has cleaned up its act. AMD has been innovating CPU + GPU for years despite the big guys illegally bullying them and then just facing fines when they get sued for anti-competitive bulls***.

AMD plays by rules and produces better innovating idea's but they get silenced. You cannot sit here and say Hairworks is better than TressFX it looks worse and is more taxing thats a fact but Nvidia hates TressFX even though it works better on Nvidia cards than Hairworks because TressFX works on Intel & AMD gpu's fine.

Nvidia PAYS COMPANIES TO NOT USE SMAA because SMAA doesn't care what gpu you have it looks great on all so they block it.

If you can find me one other tech company besides apple that does 1/5 the bulls*** nvidia does I will be impressed. After #ramgate & the Kepler assassination how could anyone support Nvidia the 970 and 980 are already scheduled to be out dated by the time Pascal comes they don't even support DX12 fully (AMD cards from 2012 do) and they have super slow memory bandwidth. When Pascal comes watch Nvidia kill the 900 series. If you have an old 7000 series from AMD its still competing with modern cards. If you have a 770 your playing nvidia games on minimum settings same performance as a 260X (280X and 770 were competing now the 770 dropped to 260X and the 780ti dropped below 280X)

You like that Nvidia bulls***?

If you have a 700 series Nvidia card you actually get better performance running on older drivers in witcher 3.

★★♫★★
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure if you have been keeping up with the whole gameworks thing but starting last year they were really pushing gameworks to hurt AMD performance they kept this trend but lately on the last few gameworks games people noticed something.

The 780TI was on part with the 960 in benchmarks and was way behind the 280X This shouldn't happen when you look at performance of the games in non gameworks games the 780ti still holds up but in games like project cars, witcher, etc the 700 series has complete crap performance.

Many devs like Dice have publicly they refuse to use gameworks because it hurts performance even of nvidia cards but it affects AMD moreso (similar to the Crysis 2 fiasco where Nvidia libraries forced them to even excessively tessellated stuff under the map as AMD cards have worse tessellation) AMD added a tesselation limit in CCC you can use now so Nvidia can not use tesselation specifically against them however if you look at witcher 3 even on a 970 hairworks kills the card and if your planning on using hairworks on a 780ti don't even think about it. Witcher 3 and project cars even force Physx not sure if you know this but Nvidia blocked GPU acceleration on Physx for AMD so all those physx features force onto the CPU older games this was fine as they had options to turn off Physx but recent gameworks games Physx is not optional its forced.

When a company hurts itself to hurt their competition more its ****. Project cars nvidia even had the devs use the old intel compiler from 10 years ago which lowers performance of AMD CPU's (u can fix with Intel Compiler Patcher.) And people didn't mind this as much as they mind that the devs flat out lied.

Project car devs said "Nvidia has not paid us one penny" yet they have 150 nvidia billboards in the game advertising for nvidia and all through game menu's Nvidia logo's everywhere.

Nvidia said Gameworks does not impact performance of competing hardware it only enhances geforce. Yet its impacting even geforce.

Its ok to say Nvidia has decent graphics cards but if you respect them as a company your either ignorant of their practices or your an ***hole.

If you respected Intel 10 years ago as a company you were an ***hole as well but Intel has cleaned up its act. AMD has been innovating CPU + GPU for years despite the big guys illegally bullying them and then just facing fines when they get sued for anti-competitive bulls***.

AMD plays by rules and produces better innovating idea's but they get silenced. You cannot sit here and say Hairworks is better than TressFX it looks worse and is more taxing thats a fact but Nvidia hates TressFX even though it works better on Nvidia cards than Hairworks because TressFX works on Intel & AMD gpu's fine.

Nvidia PAYS COMPANIES TO NOT USE SMAA because SMAA doesn't care what gpu you have it looks great on all so they block it.

If you can find me one other tech company besides apple that does 1/5 the bulls*** nvidia does I will be impressed. After #ramgate & the Kepler assassination how could anyone support Nvidia the 970 and 980 are already scheduled to be out dated by the time Pascal comes they don't even support DX12 fully (AMD cards from 2012 do) and they have super slow memory bandwidth. When Pascal comes watch Nvidia kill the 900 series. If you have an old 7000 series from AMD its still competing with modern cards. If you have a 770 your playing nvidia games on minimum settings same performance as a 260X (280X and 770 were competing now the 770 dropped to 260X and the 780ti dropped below 280X)

You like that Nvidia bulls***?

If you have a 700 series Nvidia card you actually get better performance running on older drivers in witcher 3.
Damn how long did it take you to write that?

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn how long did it take you to write that?
Not long been lots of discussions lately over game works and crap on various forums so info was off top of my head.

About 10 years ago I hated Intel almost as much as I hate Nvidia today but Intel cleaned up their act while I cannot forgive them for crippling AMD I can saw their current business practice is not worse than most companies.

But Nvidia has been doing this crap non stop since the 90's.

Witcher 3 allows you to turn hairworks off but not physx even with them off lets look at the crappy 700 series treatment. SLI 780 beats single 290X by 3 FPS not sure if people remember but when 980 first game out the 780 ti in sli beat the 980 in sli in many games.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-RPG-The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt-game-new-1920_u_off.jpg

Oh btw that is drivers 15.4 not the 15.5 drivers with the Witcher profile.

The 290X beats the 970 in another game works game that forces physx lol like most games not enough to actually matter but when its gameworks games that make AMD run physx and don't allow you to turn it off and its a teensy bit ahead come on.

If you turn down tessellation for hairworks it won't have much impact on AMD cards either.

How to run hairworks with minimal impact on AMD cards (Won't work on Nvidia cards ur fkd)
witcher-31-635x605.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register