did you get crux?

• Total voters
dr moke

dr moke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It was only once and it was actually the Black Hammer

Normal mode weapons do not drop on hard mode. if you anyone wants to say otherwise you might wanna back it it up with a video :tongue:

B

Blake Alverson

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Normal mode weapons do not drop on hard mode. if you anyone wants to say otherwise you might wanna back it it up with a video :tongue:
I didn't think it was a big deal when it dropped and it was a while ago, if it ever happens again, (I have only beaten crota once on hard mode and than I had to start from scratch on a new GT so i'm currently grinding because I waited a while to start playing again) but the first time I got the Word of Crota, Helmet, and Black Hammer, if it happens again whenever I get to level 30 whenever I get lucky with the gear i'll be sure to record it or take a screenshot, probably record it since people who think "it's not possible" don't think I photoshopped something or anything. I don't even know why it's an argument, you get normal mode material and armor in VoG on hard mode as well, this makes no sense why everyone thinks it's not possible, I think Crota has a chance to drop any weapon, but the normal mode weapons have a lower chance than the higher level weapons is all in my opinion.

Banned

Banned

But am I ?????
Mr. Nice Guy Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I didn't think it was a big deal when it dropped and it was a while ago, if it ever happens again, (I have only beaten crota once on hard mode and than I had to start from scratch on a new GT so i'm currently grinding because I waited a while to start playing again) but the first time I got the Word of Crota, Helmet, and Black Hammer, if it happens again whenever I get to level 30 whenever I get lucky with the gear i'll be sure to record it or take a screenshot, probably record it since people who think "it's not possible" don't think I photoshopped something or anything. I don't even know why it's an argument, you get normal mode material and armor in VoG on hard mode as well, this makes no sense why everyone thinks it's not possible, I think Crota has a chance to drop any weapon, but the normal mode weapons have a lower chance than the higher level weapons is all in my opinion.
Although I still stand by never seeing it happen or hearing of it happening this link explains hard mode drops combines normals drop/hards drop. Thus making it possible to get the black hammer or other CE normal weapons on hard mode.

https://www.bungie.net/7_I-played-through-the-weekly-events-multiple-times-/en/Help/Article/12287

B

Blake Alverson

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I got mine the week after HM when they added it to the drops.
People don't take your word around here, I could see if we were saying something ridiculous but its RNG and it happens, Black Hammer, and all of Crotas Raid weapons are in Hard Mode, you are just MORE LIKELY to get the HM weapons, it's random, just like the Vex, some ppl get it right away, some after a few tries, some people after months and months, and some still don't have it or stopped caring.

dr moke

dr moke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can assure you vog and crota have completely different loot systems. You will only ever receive armor on both hard and normal. Its just not possible to attain normal weapons and hard mode and vice versa (On ce)

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Everyone thinks it's not possible because nobody has ever seen it happen. I'm 99% sure of this and if it did ever happen there would be someone to record the proof, it's on Youtube if it does happen. I've never even seen 2 weapons drop at once at any point on CE normal and hard and I have around 125 completions. They set up the loot tables different than they did on VoG, by looking at the drops on all CE checkpoints you can easily see this. The link Banned Banned posted says that the normal and hard mode loot tables are different, but you can combine playing both and still get rewards, it doesn't talk about which rewards are in each loot table. I'm pretty sure they did say in an announcement before hard came out that it would only drop hard raid weapons, but I'd have to look it up. It just seems hard to believe that you got 2 raid weapons, one being a normal weapon on hard, neither I've seen or heard happen. I doubt they'd make the odds that low.

Also that guy who posted above you looked like he was talking about the crux because it started dropping then.

Dark TwizTid

Dark TwizTid

1 + 0 = 10
Seasoned Veteran Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been playing hard mode x3 ++ a week ( I'd help randoms often on my hunter ) since it was released and never heard of anyone getting special or heavy weapons on hard, weird

I just ran crota hard, and I got the crux, and another guy got the gally. 
Everyone thinks it's not possible because nobody has ever seen it happen. I'm 99% sure of this and if it did ever happen there would be someone to record the proof, it's on Youtube if it does happen. I've never even seen 2 weapons drop at once at any point on CE normal and hard and I have around 125 completions. They set up the loot tables different than they did on VoG, by looking at the drops on all CE checkpoints you can easily see this. The link Banned Banned posted says that the normal and hard mode loot tables are different, but you can combine playing both and still get rewards, it doesn't talk about which rewards are in each loot table. I'm pretty sure they did say in an announcement before hard came out that it would only drop hard raid weapons, but I'd have to look it up. It just seems hard to believe that you got 2 raid weapons, one being a normal weapon on hard, neither I've seen or heard happen. I doubt they'd make the odds that low.

Also that guy who posted above you looked like he was talking about the crux because it started dropping then.

Like my last post... at Deathsinger I just had 2 people in my group get exotic weapons. One got the midas and other got red death. If that is what you mean. The run right after is the one I got the crux, and someone else got a gally.

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I just ran crota hard, and I got the crux, and another guy got the gally. 

Like my last post... at Deathsinger I just had 2 people in my group get exotic weapons. One got the midas and other got red death. If that is what you mean. The run right after is the one I got the crux, and someone else got a gally.
The conversation had shifted towards raid weapon drops. We weren't even really talking about the crux or exotics except I mentioned it at the end.

Dark TwizTid

Dark TwizTid

1 + 0 = 10
Reaction score
Sin$
The conversation had shifted towards raid weapon drops. We weren't even really talking about the crux or exotics except I mentioned it at the end.
Oh... well I feel sheepish. :tongue: you were mentioning never seeing two weapons drop at once though right?

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh... well I feel sheepish. :tongue: you were mentioning never seeing two weapons drop at once though right?
Two raid weapons on CE. Some have said they have though, but idk. Exotic plus a raid weapon does happen a lot though.

Dark TwizTid

Dark TwizTid

1 + 0 = 10
Reaction score
Sin$
Two raid weapons on CE. Some have said they have though, but idk. Exotic plus a raid weapon does happen a lot though.
Ahh, I have only seen two exotics at once. Maybe even an exotic and raid, but yeah never two raid weapons.

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
I've had the Crux of Crota and the Eidolon ally for about a month or two now, and I finally decided to finish leveling up my Eidolon Ally today. I totally thought that I was going to level up the Necrocasm once I got it. Not super excited about having it, but I am a bit relieved to know that I don't have to level it up.

B

Blake Alverson

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I can assure you vog and crota have completely different loot systems. You will only ever receive armor on both hard and normal. Its just not possible to attain normal weapons and hard mode and vice versa (On ce)
Go to Destinytracker.com and look at Crotas Loot Table in the community chat area, it will answer all of your questions.

dr moke

dr moke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Go to Destinytracker.com and look at Crotas Loot Table in the community chat area, it will answer all of your questions.

Its incorrect, you don't find it odd there's not one video on youtube of a normal mode weapon dropping on hard...

Last edited:
Pray For Blood

Pray For Blood

"Can you hear the thunder that's breaking?"
Premium
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
This guy did.
Necrochasm is a hundred times better than people give it credit for in my opinion, too.

Xx WiLLo xX

Xx WiLLo xX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Finally after running crota hard mode 3 times a week since hard mode release, I got the crux.. Was about to give up.
The relief i got when i saw it drop was second to none to anything i have earnt in Destiny..
Now i am ready for HOW

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Mr. Nice Guy Trifecta 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
My Eidolon Ally is fully upgraded to the point where I need the Crux of Crota... which I don't have.

soberinsac

soberinsac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm still trying for the Crux. My entire clan of 12 have gotten it most have had it drop twice. A few have had it drop 3 times. I have done hard mode on all 3 of my characters since it came out. Oh well if history repeats itself I will get the the Crux and the fourth horesman on my third and last try before this next dlc drops. They are the last two exotics I don't have. I mentioned in the Gally thread. The only exotics I needed pre dlc #1 were the vex and the Gally and A the on dropped both for me the Sunday before the dark below came out on Tuesday. I hear its crappy but I see a bunch of ppl using it in PvP to blow ppl up and it looks like fun. Plus you know how it is when u don't have that one or two things you need LOL. I needed Monte Carlo forever I screamed like a girl when it finally dropped I used it daily for a week and its been collecting dust ever since hahaha

Last edited:
Weeaboo

Weeaboo

Hey fatty boom boom! Hit me wif da ching ching!
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I got the crux last night I have gotten it dropped 3 times so far using a glitch my b**** Nick gave me.

Top Bottom
Login
Register