What's new

Discussion Big issue with system software. Did some weird things so far. (3.50)

• Thread starter BakedOnSomeSour
  • Start date
  • Views 1,155
B

BakedOnSomeSour

Reaction score
Sin$
2.50 Ive always noticed ever since running the beta that in the SETTINGS application when i selected THEMES there was a 3 second pause. Seemed like something was up so i checked some things out. I found out i could make that pause even longer. I moved from a 3 second window to a 10 second window. I noticed the "pause" had something to do with internet connection. Now first i tried with internet(3sec) and without internet(3sec). Then i tried connecting to my router and setting the proxy to a random address. So that i could connect to the router but not the internet. I went over to SETTINGS and then it happens a 5-10 second pause when i selected themes. During that ten seconds i hit the PS button and checked for an UPDATE to a random application. The image of the application faded out. Then i went to the next app over and selected UPDATE HISTORY so that both apps were now faded. Making sure not to hit the same selection for a diff app as this would cause the process on the other app to stop. Here are things i produced so far.

-Complete loss of system UI (xmb and background) (music still pays) (voice commands works, however only "all commands option appears. Sometimes no voice commands appear.

-multiple system software errors all producing error code CE-36329-3 (can be produced many ways)

-App not recognizing its disc is in the PS4 yet other apps wont start do to wrong disc being inserted.

-Corrupted data icon appears sometimes when a disc is inserted resulting in "cannot start application).

-System can be placed into rest mode and wil continue to glitch when booted.

-Turning off system and booting again can result in an instant "system software error"

Just some cool things i found that i thought i would share.

Note: AFTER SELECTING THEMES. You have only about ten seconds to start selecting options for diff apps to make them fade. if not quick enough the settings app will eventually load and you will have to select THEMES and try again

Last edited:
The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive always noticed ever since running the beta that in the SETTINGS application when i selected THEMES there was a 3 second pause. Seemed like something was up so i checked some things out. I found out i could make that pause even longer. I moved from a 3 second window to a 10 second window. I noticed the "pause" had something to do with internet connection. Now first i tried with internet(3sec) and without internet(3sec). Then i tried connecting to my router and setting the proxy to a random address. So that i could connect to the router but not the internet. I went over to SETTINGS and then it happens a 5-10 second pause when i selected themes. During that ten seconds i hit the PS button and checked for an UPDATE to a random application. The image of the application faded out. Then i went to the next app over and selected UPDATE HISTORY so that both apps were now faded. Making sure not to hit the same selection for a diff app as this would cause the process on the other app to stop. Here are things i produced so far.

-Complete loss of system UI (xmb and background) (music still pays) (voice commands works, however only "all commands option appears. Sometimes no voice commands appear.

-multiple system software errors all producing error code CE-36329-3 (can be produced many ways)

-App not recognizing its disc is in the PS4 yet other apps wont start do to wrong disc being inserted.

-Corrupted data icon appears sometimes when a disc is inserted resulting in "cannot start application).

-System can be placed into rest mode and wil continue to glitch when booted.

-Turning off system and booting again can result in an instant "system software error"

Just some cool things i found that i thought i would share
I'm not sure here but basically what you're saying here is you have successfully ****ed your PlayStation?? Lol.
None of the things you have listed seem beneficial to me.

B

BakedOnSomeSour

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not sure here but basically what you're saying here is you have successfully ****ed your PlayStation?? Lol.
None of the things you have listed seem beneficial to me.

I believe all im doing here is bypassing the PS4's abilitiy to limit applications. Creating crashes and errors in the software because the ps4 would normally suspend or close an app so the system wont get overloaded. Anything you do after hittings themes will produce these effects

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register