• Thread starter Xplic1tt
  • Start date
  • Views 1,254
Xplic1tt

Xplic1tt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, can someone who has opened up their xbone test this for me?

On the xbone motherboard, there are two traces for mounting a power and eject switch directly to the motherboard. What I would like to know, is if the xbone will power up without the front ROL board and function when just using those headers.

I have half of a xbone that I picked up for $50, and I'm missing the wifi, hdd, and ROL parts.
I wanna see how little I have to buy to make it functional.

So, if someone could play around with a paperclip and their console, that would be great.

AssaultCommand

AssaultCommand

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would say it'd be possible to wire a physical button to the motherboard considering the guy who modded those Xbox One's into laptop-like devices seems to have replaced the button as well. Not sure what he used, and if it's actually a physical button, but you'd think t was possible. Whether you need a clicky button or a sticky button I don't know, and I'm not really looking into sticking things into my motherboard at this time.

Xplic1tt

Xplic1tt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Youve got the mobo OP, why dont you do it yourself?
Don't have a power supply. And idk if its like a 360 where it gets autobanned when it starts and is missing the drive, because I'm missing parts like the hdd and Wi-Fi doohickey.

I just assumed that some modder here has mucked around in his console, but if no one really wants to crack it open, I'll just wait till I can get my hands on a genuine power brick.

Last edited:
iGLaDOS

iGLaDOS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't have a power supply. And idk if its like a 360 where it gets autobanned when it starts and is missing the drive, because I'm missing parts like the hdd and Wi-Fi doohickey.

I just assumed that some modder here has mucked around in his console, but if no one really wants to crack it open, I'll just wait till I can get my hands on a genuine power brick.
As long as it isn't connected to the internet at all, I don't see how they would even be able to know if drives were disconnected. And I've ran mine without a dvd drive or wifi, while online. So I think you're safe as far as a risk of getting banned. Good luck with this project, btw. Can you upload a picture of these points for power and eject switches? If they work, they would come in handy for putting an XBONE in a pc case....

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

You can run the console without the DVD Drive, it doesn't make a difference. It didn't make a difference on the 360 either :smile:

Xplic1tt

Xplic1tt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As long as it isn't connected to the internet at all, I don't see how they would even be able to know if drives were disconnected. And I've ran mine without a dvd drive or wifi, while online. So I think you're safe as far as a risk of getting banned. Good luck with this project, btw. Can you upload a picture of these points for power and eject switches? If they work, they would come in handy for putting an XBONE in a pc case....

I'm not handy for pictures at the moment - but I have soldered some leads through the contacts so when I do try to run it I can just jump the connection. I thought you needed the wifi board for controllers to connect? So all I need is a disc drive, mobo/hsf, and hdd?

iGLaDOS

iGLaDOS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not handy for pictures at the moment - but I have soldered some leads through the contacts so when I do try to run it I can just jump the connection. I thought you needed the wifi board for controllers to connect? So all I need is a disc drive, mobo/hsf, and hdd?
Idk about the wifi board connecting controllers, I use wired controllers 100% of the time anyways haha
You should definitely buy a power brick and let us know what happens with jumping the connection

Xplic1tt

Xplic1tt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Idk about the wifi board connecting controllers, I use wired controllers 100% of the time anyways haha
You should definitely buy a power brick and let us know what happens with jumping the connection
Hey, I got a dontate link right there :wink: I'll work on finding a genuine power brick somwhere, ebay ones scare me. I'll have pictures of the motherboard header soon.

Xplic1tt

Xplic1tt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have ordered a phat to xbone adapter, seeing as I have like 17 xenon psu's kicking around. we'll see how that works. Pictures of the headers finally, too!
pzt5pd6.jpg

5OwVD72.jpg

3PlHNaW.jpg

AiXS1nP.jpg

iGLaDOS

iGLaDOS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Awesome work dude, loving this and it's giving me many ideas about putting an xbox 1 in a pc case

neonpolaris

neonpolaris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As long as it isn't connected to the internet at all, I don't see how they would even be able to know if drives were disconnected.

These things could be logged for reporting later. I haven't seen anything to suggest they're banning for this, but all the same, being disconnected at the time doesn't mean they couldn't know.

You can run the console without the DVD Drive, it doesn't make a difference. It didn't make a difference on the 360 either :smile:

It used to on the 360, before a certain update. Seems silly to kill a console for a bad/missing drive, though. Especially when so many people use digital versions anyway.

Xplic1tt

Xplic1tt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Awesome, I got my power adapter! the power button works. It doesn't boot to the dash, and won't even show the xbone splash screen if there's no hdd attatched. I grabbed a sata power brick and a hdd and plopped it in there, and I got to the splash screen. now I need a hard drive I guess. Anyone have one they don't want?

Top Bottom
Login
Register