PUBG Corp. has released a new update for the Xbox One version of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. The PUBG test server (PTS) is once again live, and there's a ton of new content for players to try out. The server will remain open to all Xbox One PUBG players until July 16 at 1 AM PDT / 9 AM CEST.
The PTS is an entirely separate download that puts you on a temporary server. You need a copy of PUBG on Xbox One to play it. The server's primary purpose is to test new features and maps prior to officially launching on PUBG. PUBG Corp. previously launched the PTS to test load times, item and vehicle placement, and player behavior on Miramar prior to the map's launch on Xbox One.
Players won't be testing a new map this time around, but pretty much every weapon is getting patched, a new vehicle and firearm are being added, and the UI is getting an update. PUBG Corp. also wants to test new ways for players to move around, whether sprinting, shooting, or swimming.
PUBG's sound has also gotten an update, so players will more easily be able to tell whether gunshots are coming from in front of or behind them. They'll be able to discern whether gunshots are coming from above or below as well.
PUBG Corp. also changed how players perceive the battlefield both before a match starts and after they've been killed. Now, beforehand, the map displays the flight path the plane will take so players can decide where they want to land even before they're in the air. After being killed, players can spectate the nearest player, and hop to the next closest player after the person they were spectating dies. You'll be able to continue to jump from person to person until the match is completed. If playing in a team, you won't be able to spectate other players until all of your teammates are killed.
We've highlighted the most noteworthy updates in the patch notes below, but you can find the full list on the official PUBG forums.
PUBG Xbox One Patch Notes
- Increased the damage of the P92, P1911, P18C, R1895, and R45
- Increased overall damage and effective range
- Shotgun chokes and duckbills are now less effective at decreasing spread (so the effective spread for a shotgun with a choke or duckbill will be similar to before)
- Increased limb shots modifier (shooting limbs now does more damage)
- Slightly decreased the damage of the S686 and S1897
- Reduced pellet spread
- Shotgun chokes can now be attached to the sawed-off
- Adjusted SMGs to be more effective in short range combat
- Increased limb shots modifier
- Slightly increased the damage of the Micro UZI, UMP9, and Vector
- Decreased vertical recoil on all SMGs
- Decreased recoil and scope sway when moving in ADS (aiming down sights)
- Increased ADS transition speed
- To make the Vector a little easier to find, we’ve increased its spawn rate at the expense of the spawn rate of the UMP-9 (overall SMG spawn rate remains the same).
- Rebalanced ARs so none is the "objective" best—the power differential between each is now reduced, but each brings advantages to different situations.
- Slightly decreased the damage of the M16A4, SCAR-L, AUG, and M416
- Increased reload time by 30% for the SCAR-L, M16A4, and M416
- Increased reload time by 10% for the AKM
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all ARs except the AKM
- Decreased recoil recovery rate for all ARs
- Restricted big scopes (8x and 15x) for use with all ARs
- Modified recoil animations for all ARs
- First shot (including first shot after recoil resets) from the M16A4 now has less recoil.
- Increased head, body, and limb shot modifier
- Decreased the damage of the SKS
- Slightly increased the damage of the VSS and Mini14
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all DMRs
- Decreased the recoil recovery rate for all DMRs
- Added new recoil animations for all DMRs
- Increased world spawn rate of DMRs.
- DMRs now use AR attachments (magazines, compensators, etc.) along with SR attachments
- Decreased basic damage of the M24 from 88 to 79
- M24 will no longer dropped in care package. It spawns in the world
- Both SR quickdraw magazines and SR extended quickdraw magazines now spawn only in care packages
- Other guns
- Slightly increased the damage of the DP28 and M249
- Restricted big scopes (8x and 15x) for use with LMGs (DP28, M249)
- Reduced crossbow reloading time from 4 seconds to 3.5 seconds
- Level three helmets now only spawn in care packages (and one is guaranteed to be in every care package)
- Reduced the spawn rate for AR extended quickdraw magazines
- Adrenaline syringes now spawn (rarely) alongside normal loot in the game world
- Adjusted the casting time of Adrenaline syringe from eight seconds to six seconds
- The tactical stock and cheek pad are now less effective at improving the recoil recovery rate. It now improves ADS speed.
- The Mirado is a classic muscle car: a fast, four-seat sedan that’s limited to Miramar. It can be found around downtown areas and main city streets.
- The SLR spawns alongside normal world loot. It's a DMR which uses 7.62mm ammo and contains 10 bullets per magazine (20 bullets when extended.). The SLR is more powerful than the SKS but has more recoil. Recoil control is the key to using the SLR effectively.
- Duckbill - A new attachment for shotguns (S1897, S12K). It decreases vertical pellet spread but increases horizontal bullet spread
- Attachable to S1897, S12K
- Light Grip - It decreases first shot/single shot recoil by about 15%. Animation kick reduction has been changed to 20% (from 30%).
- Attachable to ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS, Vector)
- Thumb Grip - It reduces vertical recoil but increases horizontal recoil. It also increases the recoil recovery time
- Attachable to - ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Half Grip - It reduces vertical and horizontal recoil and also reduces recoil recovery time
- Attachable to - ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, Vector, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Scope 3x - This scope has fixed 3x magnification with an illuminated reticle. It's discoverable as a common world-drop item
- Scope 6x - This scope has variable 3x–6x magnification. It's discoverable as a rare world-drop item.
- Slightly decreased movement speed when holding SRs, LMGs (M249, DP28) and shotguns. Your equipped weapon affects both your sprinting speed and your running (normal movement) speed.
- Removed the first shot delay when your character is not sprinting
- Chambering a new round in certain weapons (M24, Kar98k, S1897, etc.) no longer limits you to walking speed while aiming down sights
- The amount your camera shakes after being shot (“aim punch”) now depends on the amount of damage received.
- Boats now sink when destroyed
- Decreased the maximum submersible time from 35 to 15 seconds
- Once you've run out of air, you'll now take 10 damage per second (up from four damage per second)
- Increased the delay for breath recovery time from one to four seconds. (In other words, when you lift your head up out of the water, it'll now take four seconds before you begin to recover your breath)