A lucky 300 beta testers will get their hands on Valves new "Steam Machine" console this Friday. These are said to be running on SteamOS, which when in the user's hands, they are free to do whatever they want, which is good news for anyone who wants to upgrade their hardware. Steam Machines come with a variety of specifications, such as:
- GPU: some units with NVidia Titan, some GTX780, some GTX760, and some GTX660
- CPU: some boxes with Intel i7-4770, some i5-4570, and some i3
- RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 (CPU), 3GB GDDR5 (GPU)
- Storage: 1TB/8GB Hybrid SSHD
- PSU: Internal 450w 80Plus Gold
- Dimensions: approx. 12x12.4 x 2.9 in height
Beta testers will also get a number of games added to their Steam libraries that already run on SteamOS.