Details about Bethesda's upcoming game, Fallout 4, have been kept secure for awhile now. As we inch closer and closer to the release date, things are slowly making their way onto the internet. Bethesda has frowned upon these leaks, and blame them on people who have received early copies breaking their non-disclosure agreement, and people who shouldn't even be in possession of a copy in the first place. They even went as far as to ban all links, images, streams, and videos from their Fallout 4 forum to ensure game details aren't leaked there before the game releases.
One player who has gotten their hands on a copy of the game has decided to reveal different details about general gameplay, and how the game feels overall. Keep in mind that these are all unconfirmed, so take what you read with a grain of salt. They claimed the Fallout 4 map is nearly equal in size to that of the one in Skyrim, and that the animations and character models are a massive improvement from previous Fallout games. The player also claimed that in the 23 hours that he played the game, there were very few hostile situations he could escape from by means of a slick tongue. It's unknown if these situations required a speech level they hadn't reached yet, or if Bethesda forces players to do certain tasks/missions.
According to the leaks, Fallout 4 may have a friendship system that is similar to the one is games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect. The player claimed there wasn't a Karma system in the game, and that the statistics displayed on the pip-boy didn't have anything to indicate what your reputation was in the Wasteland.
As for weapons and armor, the player claimed that Fallout 4 will have up to fifteen basic weapons that will be able to be modified. Each one of the basic weapons will have up to thirty pieces that can be used to customize the weapon to however the player sees fit, or to change the weapon's overall stats. The Power Armor in the game is said to be very vehicle-like. You equip it by climbing inside, and if you climb out, it will stay wherever you last left it. While it is cumbersome, the armor is said to be extremely powerful. The player also spoke on the loading screens, saying that the smaller buildings in the game required no loading screens, something I'm positive many players are happy to hear. Unfortunately, the larger buildings in the game and fast traveling will require loading screens. The loading screens for the buildings are apparently shorter than the ones that players will see when utilizing the fast travel feature.
Last but not least, the player revealed information about a new in-game feature based around settlements. In the Fallout 4 world, you'll find red workshop tables placed in different locations. If you find one, in most cases you'll be able to begin crafting a settlement from the ground up. On the other hand, you may find settlements which are already occupied by people. If this happens to be the case, you'll have to identify whether or not its occupants are friendly, or hostile. If the NPCs are indeed friendly, you can complete missions for them and do other various tasks to gain their trust. In every settlement you encounter, you'll be able to destroy and rebuild everything you see. This also leads to the thought of will you be able to take settlements by force. Considering Fallout is known for giving players the choice of doing what they want and crafting their own story, this just may be the case.
In order to keep your settlement in good condition, you'll need to provide everyone inside with resources such as food, water, energy, and beds. Sometimes settlements can be attacked by hostile forces. If that ever happens you'll be notified one of your settlements is under attack, and that it's up to you to defend it from the invaders. The people in settlements are your people, and it's up to you to lead them and look after them.
STRENGTH is a measure of your raw physical power. It affects how much you can carry, and the damage of all melee attacks.
PERCEPTION is your environmental awareness and “sixth sense,” and affects weapon accuracy in V.A.T.S.
- Iron Fist – Channel your chi to unleash devastating fury! Punching attacks do 20% more damage to your opponent. (5 Ranks)
- Big Leagues – Swing for the fences! Do 20% more melee weapon damage. (5 Ranks)
- Armorer – Protect yourself from the dangers of the Wasteland with access to base level and Rank 1 armor mods. (4 Ranks)
- Blacksmith – Fire up the forge and gain access to base level and Rank 1 melee weapon mods. (3 Ranks)
- Heavy Gunner – Thanks to practice and conditioning, heavy guns do 20% more damage. (5 Ranks)
- Strong Back – What are you, part pack mule? Gain +25 to carry weight. (4 Ranks)
- Stead Aim – Stay on target! Hip-fire accuracy is improved when firing any gun. (2 Ranks)
- Basher – Get up close and personal! Gun bashing does 25% more damage. (4 Ranks)
- Rooted – You’re part tree! While standing still, you gain +25 Damage Resistance and your melee and unarmed attacks deal 25% more damage (3 Ranks)
- Pain Train – Choo choo! All aboard! While wearing Power Armor, sprinting into enemies hurts and staggers them. (Robots and oversized enemies are immune to stagger.) (3 Ranks)
ENDURANCE is a measure of your overall physical fitness. It affects your total Health and the Action Point drain from sprinting.
- Pickpocket – Your quick hands and sticky fingers make picking pockets 25% easier. (4 Ranks)
- Rifleman – Keep your distance long and your kill-count high. Attacks with non-automatic rifles do 20% more damage. (5 Ranks)
- Awareness – To defeat your enemies, you know their weaknesses! You can view a targets specific damage resistances in V.A.T.S. (1 Rank)
- Locksmith – Your nimble fingers allow you to pick Advanced locks. (4 Ranks)
- Demolition Expert – The bigger the boom, the better! Your explosives do 25% more damage, and you can craft explosives at any Chemistry Station. (4 Ranks)
- Night Person – You are a creature of the night! Gain +2 to Intelligence and Perception between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. (2 Ranks)
- Refractor – You must be part mirror! Instantly gain +10 Energy Resistance. (5 Ranks)
- Sniper – It’s all about focus. You have improved control and can hold your breath longer when aiming with scopes. (3 Ranks)
- Penetrator – There’s no place to hide! In V.A.T.S. you can target an enemy’s body parts that are blocked by cover, with a decrease in accuracy. (2 Ranks)
- Concentrated Fire – Stay focused! In V.A.T.S. every attack on the same body part gains +10% accuracy. (3 Ranks)
CHARISMA is your ability to charm and convince others. It affects your success to persuade in dialogue and prices when you barter.
- Toughness – You now have +20 Damage Resistance (5 Ranks)
- Lead Belly – Your digestive tract has adjusted to the weirdness of the Wasteland! Take less radiation from eating or drinking. (3 Ranks)
- Life Giver – You instantly gain another +20 maximum Health. (3 ranks)
- Chem Resistant – All the rush without the hassle! You’re 50% less likely to get addicted when consuming chems. (2 Ranks)
- Aquaboy – Water is your ally. You no longer take radiation damage from swimming, and can breath underwater (2 Ranks)
- Rad Resistant – Exposure to the Wasteland has made you more resilient, instantly granting +10 Radiation Resistance. (3 Ranks)
- Adamantium Skeleton – Your skeleton has been infused with indestructible metal, reducing limb damage by 30% (3 Ranks)
- Cannibal – Feast on mortal flesh to heal your wounds! Eating human corpses restores Health. (3 Ranks)
- Ghoulish – Sure, you’re still human – on the outside! Radiation now regenerates your lost Health. (3 Ranks)
- Solar Powered – Catch some rays! Gain +2 to Strength and Endurance between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (3 Ranks)
INTELLIGENCE is a measure of your overall mental acuity, and affects the number of Experience Points earned.
- Cap Collector – Buying and selling prices at vendors are now much better. (3 Ranks)
- Lady Killer – You’re charming… and dangerous. Women suffer +5% damage in combat, and are easier to persuade in dialogue. (3 Ranks)
- Lone Wanderer – Who needs friends, anyway? When adventuring without a companion, you take 15% less damage and carry weight increases by 50. (3 Ranks)
- Attack Dog – Your faithful canine companion can hold an enemy, giving you a greater chance to hit them in V.A.T.S. (3 Ranks)
- Animal Friend – Commune with beasts! With your gun, aim at any animal below your level and gain a chance to pacify it. (3 Ranks)
- Local Leader – As the ruler everyone turns to, you are able to establish supply lines between your workshop settlements. (2 Ranks)
- Party Boy – Nobody has a good time like you! There’s no chance you’ll get addicted to alcohol. (3 Ranks)
- Traditional – Because you lead by example, your companion does more damage in combat, and cannot hurt you. (3 Ranks)
- Wasteland Whisperer – Master the post-apocalypse! With your gain, aim at any Wasteland creature below your level and gain a chance to pacify it. (3 Ranks)
- Intimidation – Time to show everyone who’s boss! With your gun, aim at any human opponent below your level and gain a chance to pacify them. (3 Ranks)
AGILITY is a measure of your overall finesse and reflexes. It affects the number of Action Points in V.A.T.S and your ability to sneak.
- V.A.N.S. – Let Vault-Tec guide you! The path to your closest quest target is displayed in V.A.T.S. (1 Ranks)
- Medic – Stimpaks now restore 60% of lost Health, and RadAway removes 60% of radiation. (4 Ranks)
- Gun Nut – Shoot first, kill first, with access to base level and Rank 1 gun mods. (4 Ranks)
- Hacker – Knowledge of cutting-edge computer encryption allows you to hack Advanced terminals. (4 Ranks)
- Scrapper – Waste not, want not! You can salvage uncommon components like screws, aluminum, and copper when scrapping weapons and armor. (2 Ranks)
- Science! – Take full advantage of advanced technology with access to base level and Rank 1 high-tech mods. (4 Ranks)
- Chemist – Any chems you take last 50% longer. Far out. (4 Ranks)
- Robotics Expert – Machines will always serve humans, if you have anything to say about it. Hack a robot, and gain a chance to power it on or off, or initiate a self-destruct. (3 Ranks)
- Nuclear Physicist – You’ve learned to split the atom… and command it. Radiation weapons do 50% more damage and Fusion Cores last an extra 25% longer. (3 Ranks)
- Nerd Rage – Genius. Is. ANGRY! When your Health drops below 20%, time slows and you gain +20 Damage Resistance and do 20% more damage while the effect lasts. (3 Ranks)
LUCK is a measure of your general good fortune, and affects the recharge rate of Critical Hits.
- Gunslinger – Channel the spirit of the Old West! Non-automatic pistols do 20% more damage. (5 Ranks)
- Commando – Your automatic weapons now do 40% more damage, and improved hip fire accuracy. (5 Ranks)
- Sneak – Become whisper, become shadow. You are 20% harder to detect while sneaking. (5 Ranks)
- Mister Sandman – As an agent of death itself, you can instantly kill a sleeping person. Your silenced weapons do an additional 15% sneak damage. (3 Ranks)
- Action Boy – There’s no time to waste! Your Action Points regenerate 25% faster. (2 Ranks)
- Moving Target – They can’t hurt what they can’t hit! Get +25 Damage Resistance and +25 Energy Resistance when you’re sprinting. (3 Ranks)
- Ninja – Trained as a shadow warrior, your ranged sneak attacks do 2.5x normal damage and your melee sneak attacks do 4x normal damage. (3 Ranks)
- Quick Hands – In combat, there’s no time to hesitate. You can reload all guns faster. (2 Ranks)
- Blitz – Find the gap and make the tackle! V.A.T.S. melee distance is increased significantly. (2 Ranks)
- Gun-Fu – You’ve learned to apply ancient martial arts to gunplay! Do 25% more damage to your second V.A.T.S. target and beyond. (3 Ranks)
- Fortune Finder – You find even more bottle caps in containers (3 Ranks)
- Scrounger – You find even more ammunition in containers. (4 Ranks)
- Bloody Mess – You now inflict +10% damage in combat. (4 Ranks)
- Mysterious Stranger – Who is he? Why does he help? Who cares! The Mysterious Stranger will appear occasionally in V.A.T.S. to lend a hand, with deadly efficiency.. (3 Ranks)
- Idiot Savant – You’re not stupid! Just… different. Randomly receive 3x XP from any action, and the lower your intelligence, the greater the chance. (3 Ranks)
- Better Criticals – Advanced training for enhanced combat effectiveness! Criticals do 50% more damage. (3 Ranks)
- Critical Banker – You’re a patient battlefield tactician, and can save a Critical Hit, to be used in V.A.T.S. when you need it most. (3 Ranks)
- Grim Reaper’s Sprint – Death becomes you! Any kill in V.A.T.S. has a 15% chance to restore all Action Points. (2 Ranks)
- Four Leaf Clover – Feeling lucky? You should! Each hit in V.A.T.S. has a chance of filling your Critical meter. (5 Ranks)
- Ricochet – What goes around comes around! An enemy’s ranged attack will sometimes ricochet back and instantly kill them. The closer you are to death, the higher the chance. (3 Ranks)
New Fallout 4 gameplay has been leaked, which you can view at the above links. You can also view the full list of the perks in the above spoiler. The new leaks don't end there. Fallout 4 was confirmed to have no Hardcore mode, and weapons were confirmed to be able to deal radiation damage. Weapons also no longer have a "weapon condition," so you won't have to worry about upkeeping your arsenal.
As for the Power Armor, it will need a fusion core in order for you to use it. You won't be able to use the Power Armor forever, and your time in it will be limited to the power the fusion core has left. There is a perk related to increasing the duration of the fusion cores use with Power Armors. When you have Power Armor equipped, you'll be able to carry more items, but the cost will be your speed and mobility.
Don't forget to check out the imgur albums here, here and here for more leaked Fallout 4 images!
With all of these new details, I know the anticipation for Fallout 4's release on November 10th for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC is at its absolute peak.
Fallout 4 Leaks 1
Fallout 4 Leaks 2