In spite of all the controversy surrounding its progression system, Star Wars Battlefront II has sold well, appearing in the top charts for the past couple of months. EA continues to support the game, as well, and its latest update is out now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Battlefront II's 1.1 update is headlined by a couple of pieces of new content. Specifically, the patch adds a version of the planet Crait built for Blast mode. In addition, Iden Versio's TIE Fighter has been added as a playable Hero ship in multiplayer. Its special abilities include Afterburner, which gives it a burst of speed; Laser Barrage, a rapid-fire and high-damage barrage; and dual Proton Torpedoes.
There's also a suite of Star Cards added alongside the new ship that provide perks and bonuses. For example, one decreases Afterburner cooldown time, and another increases Proton Torpedo damage. You can see the full list of abilities and Star Cards below.
Additionally, the patch rebalances some Hero and class-specific stats; a few weapons have been tweaked, too. Alongside general bug fixing and performance improvements, the update specifically fixes problems with the Officer's Recharge Command and Finn's Big Deal abilities. Check out the full patch notes below.
In other Battlefront II news, the game was recently nominated for two DICE awards. It's up for Outstanding Achievement in Character and Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design.
- Blast on Crait Map
- Iden Versio's TIE/In fighter
- Afterburner--Gives the starfighter a temporary speed boost and breaks enemy missile lock. The Afterburner can be cancelled after a short time
- Laser Barrage--Charges up a rapid fire barrage which deals high damage
- Dual Proton Torpedoes--Fires two proton torpedoes which track the locked target and deal high damage
- Inferno Leader--For the duration of Inferno Leader, all enemies within a radius are revealed to allied players. These enemies receive increased damage from all sources
- TIE Fighter Star Cards:
- Engine Heat Dissipator--Decreases the Afterburner cooldown
- Advanced Torpedoes--Increases Dual Proton Torpedo damage
- Vengeful Barrage--Increases the damage of Laser Barrage
- Flight Commander--Increases the duration of Inferno Leader
- Reinforced Hull--Increases the total health of the starfighter
- Tuned Lasers--Increases primary weapon damage
- Advanced Capacitors--Improves the primary weapons resistance to overheating
- Repair Systems--Reduces the delay before health regeneration begins
- Elite Pilot--Increases the turn rate of the starfighter
- Engine Upgrade--Increases the top speed and how quickly the starfighter can accelerate and decelerate
- TIE fighter Milestones:
- Rapid Assault--Used Iden Versio's TIE Fighter's Afterburner ability 25 times
- Precision Strike--Achieve 25 Dual Proton Torpedo kills with Iden Versio's TIE Fighter
- Hope Cannot Save Them - Achieve 25 Laser Barrage kills with Iden Versio's TIE Fighter
- Avenge Our Emperor - Use Iden Versio's TIE Fighter's Inferno Leader ability 25 times
Classes and Special Units
- Reduced base damage of his EL-16 from 65 to 45
- Reduced the time before heat cooldown kicks in from 3.5 to 1.5 seconds
- Reduced damage of each Deadeye shot from 40 to 30
- Reduced the heat generated per shot of her F-11D
- Fixed a bug where Maximized Efficiency was not properly granting cooldown reduction
- Boba Fett
- Reduced the damage per rocket of Rocket Barrage from 90 to 78
- Reduced the inner damage radius for each rocket of Rocket Barrage from 2 to 1.5 meters
- Reduced the outer damage radius for each rocket of Rocket Barrage from 4 to 3 meters
- Wookiee Warrior
- Reduced Bowcaster center projectile damage multiplier from 1.3 to 1
- Lowered Bowcaster fall off distance at the start from 20 to 10 meters and at the end from 30 to 25 meters
- Reshuffled Bowcaster explosion damage and projectile damage to make falloff have higher effect
- Increased Bowcaster heat per shot
- Reduce size of scope glint
- Added scope glint to the following long range weapons: EL-16HFE, A-280, Pulse Rifle, and Captain Phasma's F-11D
- Reduced heat per shot for the following long range weapons: Valken-38X, E-5S, DLT-20A, DLT-19x, A180, and DLT-19D
- Increased the bursts per minute of all Infiltration variants from 100 to 130
- Reduced the AOE of Supercharged and Explosive sentry
- Increased heat per shot for Supercharged Sentry from 0.015 to 0.017
- Reduced explosion damage when turret is destroyed by blaster fire from 150 to 25
- Lowered start damage from 17 to 16
- Lowered end damage from 9 to 8
- Reduced damage falloff end distance from 40 to 30 meters
- Reduced inner blast radius from 3.5 to 2 meters
- Increased outer blast radius from 5 to 6 meters
- Increased explosion damage from 55 to 100
- Reduced falloff start distance from 20 to 15 meters
- Reduced start damage of Explosive Shot from 29 to 26
- Reduced end damage of Explosive Shot from 10 to 8
- Reduced inner blast radius of Explosive Shot from 0.8 to 0.7 meters
- Reduced outer blast radius of Explosive Shot from 2 to 1.8 meters
- Reduced accuracy of the final shots when Burst Mod is equipped
- Trip Mine
- Increased the number of mines that can be deployed at the same time from 1 to 2
- Raised the time until the mines disappeared after death from 5 to 15 seconds
- Fixed a bug where both the Officer's Recharge Command and Finn's Big Deal abilities were not affecting Heroes or Special Units properly
- Fixed an issue where each sector on the minimap would not light up properly the first time an enemy fired
- Reduced fade in time for a minimap sector from 0.3 to 0.1 seconds
- Stability improvements
- Miscellaneous bug fixing
Data Breach Warning!In case you aren't aware, there has been an extremely large data breach of emails and passwords posted online! This is just a warning to check and ensure that all of your personal accounts are secure and for you to update passwords where necessary!
You can check your emails and passwords here to see if they are apart of the dump, but we would recommend updating passwords as a precaution!
Please also ensure that Two-Step Verification is enabled on your account(s)! You can add it to your Se7enSins account here!
Star Wars Battlefront II Update Out Now; Here's What It Does
In spite of all the controversy surrounding its progression system, Star Wars Battlefront II has sold well, appearing in the top charts for the...