A few moments ago, Treyarch announced the second DLC expansion pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops III. Eclipse, the name that the second DLC has been branded with will feature 4 new multiplayer maps and 1 new Zombies map, which is expected from a typical Treyarch DLC. More information will be unveiled during the livestream that is set to begin later today.
Continuing on with the exclusivity deal, the PlayStation 4 will receive the second DLC earlier than the Xbox One and PC, presumably about a month earlier. PlayStation 4 users will be able to begin playing through the new maps on April 19th, 2016. As always, you can purchase the DLC individually for $15, but owners of the $50 Season Pass are automatically entitled to the DLC.
We have actually been given the names of the 4 multiplayer maps and Zombies map, along with some basic descriptions of each. The 4 multiplayer maps are Spire, Rift, Knockout and Verge, with Verge being a remake of the classic Call of Duty: World at War map Bonzai. The new Zombies map is called Zetsubou No Shima. Descriptions of all 5 of these maps can be found below.
- Spire: Spire takes Multiplayer combat to a futuristic sub-orbital airport terminal set high in the clouds. Multiple levels and open areas promote intense, mid-range combat around a clean, high-tech civilian environment. Watch your step, because one wrong move could send you plummeting back through the stratosphere.
- Rift: Head to the core of a harsh futuristic military complex, set high above an active caldera. Rift funnels and forces tight, intense engagements, where the only way through is forward. Utilize the unique core movement opportunities to outsmart and outplay enemies as you traverse the suspended rail system.
- Knockout: Housed in a traditional Shaolin Temple with a retro twist, Knockout sets the stage for a bloody Kung Fu tournament. This mid-sized map showcases a sharp contrast between the mid-range engagements of the traditional exterior architecture and the tight close-quarters of an eclectic 1970’s styled interior.
- Verge: In this re-imagination of the classic Call of Duty: World at War map, Banzai, Verge drops Multiplayer combat into the center of a distant post-apocalyptic future, where two warring factions are entrenched in constant battle. Take control of the key bridge, fortresses, tunnel systems and waterfalls as you engage in high-speed action through this medium-sized map.
- Zetsubou No Shima: Zetsubou No Shima features a foliage rich island map including new terrifying zombie enemies, a variety of innovative transport mechanics, more devastating traps and classic Zombies side quests.
The livestream can be viewed later today through this link. What do you think? Do these descriptions make you want to purchase the DLC? Leave your thoughts below!