“Sorry” is the message Rockstar issued to fans who have spend the last 24 hours facing connectivity issues, as the recently released Grand Theft Auto Online struggled to cope with the large server demand. Many gamers faced an abundance of connection and game-freezing errors to which Rockstar replied with the following message: "We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification whenever major updates are posted, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page."
The issues occurred within minutes of the patch being released, as millions of gamers tried to play online all at the same time. Gamers were faced with messages such as: "return to Grand Theft Auto V and try again later" or "The Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable right now. Please try again later". The select few gamers that managed to access the server were then faced with a frozen screen when trying to complete the first race.
It wasn't long until fans took to social media to voice their disgust. A popular American games journalist, Chris Schilling, had this to say: "So GTA Online isn't working for me and it's corrupted my single player save. Excellent."
Here's a full list of Rockstar's known problems:
- Occasional “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” on the screen
- Intermittent “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying “Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join”
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying “Mission Failed” as soon as the mission begins during a session
With all that said, I can't imagine the game will be 'down' for much longer as Rockstar are purchasing more servers as we speak. Although we knew there was a chance of some crashes, glitches and crazy bugs, it almost feels like Rockstar release Online knowing that it wasn't ready. Have you experienced any of these problems? Let us know in the comments below.