Rainbow Six Siege has a new update out today on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and it adds a small but much-requested feature: the game's server tickrate is being increased to 60Hz on all platforms. This means the servers will refresh the gamestate 60 times per second.
This change should result in more reliable hit registration, which will hopefully mean fewer occasions where you find yourself shouting, "I swear I got a headshot!" after being killed. On the other hand, it does mean one fewer excuse for being bad at the game.
Elsewhere, the update fixes a bunch of bugs, mostly centered around the latest Operation White Noise update. An issue preventing Ash from destroying one specific window in Tower has been resolved, as have further bugs regarding Dokkaebi, Zofia, and Ela. Check out the full patch notes at the bottom of this article, via Ubisoft.
Be aware the patch means Siege's servers will be down for one hour today as the changes are applied. The game will be unavailable to play on PC for one hour from 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET / 2 PM GMT / midnight AEST on December 14; one hour-long PS4 maintenance will follow at 7 AM PT / 10 AM ET / 3 PM GMT / 1 AM AEST, followed by Xbox One downtime an hour later.
Operation White Noise was released last week as Rainbow Six Siege hit 25 million players. The free expansion includes three new Operators and one new map set on top of a Korean skyscraper.
More DLC will follow in 2018 with a third year of post-release content planned, including new characters, maps, co-op events, and more. You can already buy the Year 3 season pass--it's available now for $30 / £25 / AU $45. Purchasers can expect a bunch of VIP benefits such as extra credits, customization options, and shop discounts. If you grab the pass before March 5, you'll also get a special Damascus Steel weapon skin, and if you owned the Year 2 pass, you'll receive an extra 600 credits.
Rainbow Six Siege Update 4.1 Patch Notes
Following our testing of the 60hz servers towards the end of the White Noise TTS, we were able to confirm that it is now stable enough to deploy live on all platforms with 4.1. We are excited to fulfill this promise made during Operation Health, and look forward to your feedback.
- Fixed: Players lose all functionality/control after picking up a deployable shield.
- Fixed: Ash's breaching round does not break the wall in 2F Meeting Room on Tower.
- Fixed: When a dead Operator is spectating a teammate while on their drone/camera, cycling through Support view modes (drone/camera and Operator views) a third option is available. This view is the First Person point of view of the operator, but the operator is invisible. If the living Operator leaves their camera/drone, the spectating Operator will see a floating gun.
- Fixed: Dokkaebi's gadget is not usable while rappelling.
- Fixed: Zofia and Ela's stats are inverted.