When PUBG first launched on Xbox One in December, some fans criticized it, saying it ran a lot less smoothly on Xbox than it did on PC. However, developer PUBG Corp. has stated it will continue to improve on its hit battle royale game, and as such it has now released another PUBG update.
This patch, like the Xbox One update that released just before Christmas, brings general "quality-of-life" improvements, as well as a few gameplay tweaks. The first of those is an increase in how much damage players can deal to vehicles--though PUBG Corp. says it will continue to monitor player feedback and adjust this as necessary in the future.
Elsewhere, the in-game options menu has added a new variable that lets you tweak aim acceleration, a change that will hopefully help players who have found PUBG more difficult to play with a controller than on PC's mouse and keyboard setup. You can also now turn music on or off via the same menu. Finally, PUBG Corp. says both server and player frame rates have been "slightly increased," and a number of crashes have been addressed. Take a look at the full patch notes below, via PUBG Corp.
PUBG has been hugely successful to date, recently passing 3 million concurrent users on Steam alone. That milestone came after the game finally reached its full 1.0 release on PC. It has also been a hit on Xbox One, selling 1 million copies in its first 48 hours and more than 30 million across Xbox One and PC.
PUBG Corp. recently said it wants to bring the game to "every platform," so a PlayStation 4 release could be on the cards. Additionally, the developer said it has spoken with Netflix and people in Hollywood about extending the game to new mediums. For more on the hit multiplayer game, check out our PUBG review.
PUBG Xbox One Update 4 Patch Notes
- Aim acceleration can now be adjusted by players via in-game option
- Player weapon damage has been increased against vehicles. We will continue to monitor player feedback and telemetry and make further balancing adjustments as needed in future updates
- FPP Solo matchmaking queue will be made available for NA / EU / Oceanic servers. We will open other modes within those regions as concurrency allows
- Fixed an issue that caused indoor lighting and shadows to appear too dark and blueish
- Analog stick acceleration added while exiting the plane and while parachuting
- PhysX performance enhancements
- Server FPS slightly increased
- Client FPS slightly increased
- Some VFX received slight optimizations
- Music on/off option added
- Addressed a number of known crashes
- Fixed a UI issue that occurred when multiple players attempted to loot from the same source