PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' latest Event Mode is about to begin--and this one is going to get messy. Tequila Sunrise pits players against each other in close quarter combat and begins on PC tonight in North America and early tomorrow morning in Europe.
Tequila Sunrise allows shotguns and melee weapons only, pitting four-man squads against each other on the Miramar map. It begins April 5 at 7 PM PT / 10 PM ET (3 AM BST on April 6) and goes for 72 hours until the same time on April 8 (or April 9 in some regions). There are also some twists when it comes to safe zones that should keep things interesting. Here's what PUBG Corp. has shared ahead of Tequila Sunrise's release:
Loot Spawn Details
Safe Zone (White Circle) Behavior
- Shotguns (3x spawn rate)
- Melee Weapons (3x spawn rate)
- No other weapons
- Bag/Helmet/Armor Lv.3 (3x spawn rate)
- Bag/Helmet/Armor Lv.1 (0.5x spawn rate)
- Ammunition (3x spawn rate)
Other Event Rules
- Immediately after the plane gets in the air, the first safe zone is visible on the map.
- The first safe zone will be smaller than its normal size.
- Time of day is locked at sunrise.
- Care packages are disabled.