Sony is updating the PlayStation 4's Sharefactory to version 2.0 today. This adds the ability to create animated GIFs and photo collages, while the app's UI has been refreshed as well. For GIFs, users can select content from the capture gallery to create files that are up to 10 seconds long. Your creations can then be shared to Twitter directly from the console if you account is synced. Here is an example of a GIF you could create, as shared by Sony.
Also new in the update is a "Photo Mode" that lets you create collages featuring up to six photos. You can apply filters and effects to these photos using the ones already available in Sharefactory.
The PlayStation Blog post authored by producer Stuart Platt announcing all of this also confirms that Sharefactory 2.0, as it's called, will support PS4 Pro. It works the same as it does on the regular PS4, but screenshots can be shared at resolutions of up to 4K. The $400 PS4 Pro goes on sale tomorrow, November 10.
Here is a breakdown of some other features in the Sharefactory 2.0 update:
- Projects now export up to 20 percent faster
- Pan & zoom on your gameplay videos
- New Sharefactory troll stickers
- New font for "internet meme"
- Split clip feature can now be utilized on Track 2
- Refreshed UI
Platt also mentioned in the post that Sony continues to work on adding more Sharefactory features. Future updates for Sharefactory may allow you to do the following:
- Import your own music tracks
- Add audio and video commentary with green screen effects
- Export up to 60 minute videos