Prey isn't out until May 5, but it's already got a new patch to download if you've got an early copy of the game. The update fixes a bunch of bugs, which ranged from frame rate and crash issues to gameplay problems such as grenades exploding when you pick them up. With the 1.3 GB update installed, these issues should now be resolved.
In addition, you can now switch all dialogue lines to English, no matter which region your game is from. Co-creative director Raphael Colantonio also said on Twitter recently that the game's audio, which some players thought was overbearing when under threat from enemies, has been remixed in the game's final build.
Take a look at the full patch notes at the bottom of this article, via Gadgets360. Note that the list comes from the PlayStation 4 version of the game; the Xbox One and PC update may differ. Prey's developer, Arkane, said recently that it "doubled" its thoroughness in working on the title's PC version after Dishonored 2--from the same company--suffered from a multitude of problems on the platform. Many players seem to be impressed by the game's Opening Hour demo, though that is only available on consoles.
The PC version's minimum and recommended specs were also revealed recently, and the game's soundtrack is available now. Prey is a reimagining of the 2006 original, and a replacement for the canceled sequel to that game that was in development at Human Head Studios.
The new title is seen by some as a spiritual successor to the 1994 game System Shock, while we also think it's been inspired by BioShock.
Prey Day One Update Patch Notes
Note: minor story spoilers follow.
- Phantom corpses will now have proper names if they were NPCs that were turned into phantoms.
- Cystoids and Cystoid nests now react appropriately to fast-moving objects.
- Explosive containers will now explode when thrown at technopaths.
- Nightmare will no longer camp objects the player has turned into in front of it.
- Operators can no longer occasionally shoot through walls.
- AI adjusts for difficulty level more effectively.
- Multiple telepaths in an area no longer chain attacks on the player.
- Touching placed grenades while mimicked will no longer cause them to explode.
- Boltcaster can no longer cause zero-damage critical hits.
- Nullwave Transmitter now works on Apex tendrils.
- Technopath can now be hit by sneak attacks with the stun gun.
- Grenades are now affected by lift fields.
- Dropped weapons will now re-equip to favourites wheel when picked up.
- Recycler grenade damage now properly scales with difficulty level.
- Gloo Gun no longer loses functionality after placing too many gloo balls in a level.
- Various Fixes to Mimic Matter ability.
- Player can now open EMP'd doors with their leverage abilities.
- Backlash now properly prevents suit damage while active.
- Player's attacks will no longer consume Backlash charges.
- Objects targeted by Lift field will be highlighted properly.
- Remote Manipulation can now be used to open most containers.
- Beam Shielding chipset now properly reduces damage from military operators.
- Updated Mimic Detection Gen 2 chipset description to include all mimic types.
- Military operator effects fixed for first-person view.
- Players are now affected by electric floors/water while jumping.
- Telepath will no longer knock player out of the world in Crew Quarters.
- Player will no longer fall out of the world when gravity is restored when they're upside down.
- Players can now carry destroyed operators properly in Zero-G.
- Hacking minigame will now properly display what object is being hacked in the UI.
- Players can now split stacks when looking at container inventories.
- Various fixes to behaviours when player mimics an operator.
- Localised versions of the game now support switching VO to English.
- Killing Mikhaila with the Q-Beam now only counts as one human killed.
- Quickload loads the most recent save of an type, not just auto-save.
- Addressed several frame rate bugs.
- Addressed several save/load bugs.
- Several crash fixes.
- Various mission and objective marker fixes.
- Various localised text and audio fixes.
- Various SFX fixes.
- Various VFX fixes.
Data Breach Warning!In case you aren't aware, there has been an extremely large data breach of emails and passwords posted online! This is just a warning to check and ensure that all of your personal accounts are secure and for you to update passwords where necessary!
You can check your emails and passwords here to see if they are apart of the dump, but we would recommend updating passwords as a precaution!
Please also ensure that Two-Step Verification is enabled on your account(s)! You can add it to your Se7enSins account here!
Prey Day One Patch
Prey isn't out until May 5, but it's already got a new patch to download if you've got an early copy of the game. The update fixes a bunch of...