The new Overwatch map announced at BlizzCon, Blizzard World, is now available in the game for some. Blizzard today launched a new patch for the game's PC-only Public Test Realm that adds the new map along with other bug fixes and changes.
Blizzard World is a map that takes the form of an amusement park for Blizzard games such as Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo. It's a new, hybrid-type map that blends the Escort and Assault game types. "Charge the gates of Stormwind, sneak through the Nexus Experience, and guide the payload through areas filled with high ground, flanking routes, and environmental hazards," reads a line from the press release. "Grab some Blizzard-inspired snacks at the concession stand along the way!"
You can check out the overview video above to get a closer, more in-depth look at the new Blizzard World map.
In addition to the new map, this new Overwatch PTR update makes a change to A.I. so that you can remove all bots at once from the Custom Game lobby. In terms of bug fixes, this patch fixes a problem where some sound effects would not play when looking through the options menu with a controller. It also fixes a problem with the new character Moira (who is now available for everyone) that caused her knees to come through knee guards while crouching with the Oasis skin. Additionally, no longer should Doomfist's Seismic Slam leads to a performance drop when used repeatedly.
You can see the full PTR patch notes below, as posted by Blizzard. Remember that because the PTR is only available on PC, not all of these changes may also come to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One when the patch is eventually released on consoles. The PTR is free and open to everyone; you can find out how to sign up for it here.
Overwatch November 20 PTR Patch Notes
New Hybrid Map: Blizzard World
- An amusement park celebrating the universes of Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo, Blizzard World is a brand-new hybrid Assault/Escort map. Charge the gates of Stormwind, sneak through the Nexus Experience, and guide the payload through areas filled with high ground, flanking routes, and environmental hazards. Grab some Blizzard-inspired snacks at the concession stand along the way
- An option to “Remove All A.I.” in the custom game lobby can be accessed by Right Click > Remove All Bots
- Fixed an issue that caused the arcade card for Limited Duel and Mystery Duel to not list all currently disabled characters
- Fixed an issue that prevented certain sound effects from playing when navigating the Options menu with a controller
- Fixed a visual bug that caused Ana’s Biotic Rifle ammo clip to detach when her Captain Amari skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Seismic Slam to create performance drops when repeatedly used with no cooldown
- Fixed a bug that prevented Mei’s Cryo-freeze from clearing the healing debuff caused by Ana’s Biotic Grenade
- Fixed a visual bug with Moira’s Biotic Orb that sometimes caused Biotic Grasp’s healing spray effects to display instead
- Fixed a bug that prevented Moira from being able to pass through enemies when using Fade
- Fixed a bug that caused Moira’s eyelashes to detach from her face during her Heroic highlight intro
- Fixed a visual issue with Moira’s Oasis skin that caused her knees to clip through her knee guards while crouched
- Fixed a bug that caused Reaper’s shotguns to animate incorrectly when discarded on the ground
- Fixed an issue that prevented highlights captured by Zenyatta players from recording correctly when the Cultist skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused a performance drop when players shot at the gold coin piles in the last Defender spawn of Junkertown