During Nintendo's Switch livestream event, it was revealed that the console's Joy-Con controllers feature an assortment of different features, such as motion control capability, amiibo support, and much more. Below you can see a detailed list of what the controllers are capable of.
Joy-Con Controller Features
- Each Joy-Con includes a full set of buttons, and each can act as a standalone controller.
- An IR Motion Camera gives the Joy-Con controller motion support and even allows it to detect different hand gestures.
- Each controller features something called HD Rumble, which gives them the ability to convey different types of vibrations. For instance, the controller can simulate the vibration of shaking a cup with an ice cube in it.
- The right Joy-Con includes a sensor that can scan Amiibo.
- A share button allows you to capture screenshots that you can share with others.
- Each Joy-Con has a strap you can attach to your wrist.
- The controllers come in different colors. Only red and blue have been confirmed so far.
- Each controller sports prominent shoulder buttons.
You can take a closer look at the controller's buttons and features in the image below:
Nintendo Switch is launching March 3 and will cost $299.