Rainbow Six Siege received a major update, Chimera, in early March to kick off Year 3 of the game. The first patch since then is now rolling out on PC, with a PS4 and Xbox One release to come later this week. Unlike the Chimera update, however, this one deals primarily with fixing things, rather than introducing new content.
Ubisoft has reset its patch numbers for the start of Year 3, making this patch 1.1. It makes changes to both the standard game and the ongoing limited-time Outbreak mode. Many of the adjustments don't directly impact gameplay, such as overlapping text in the shop menu and equipped cosmetics resetting to the default options when your connection is lost. Others are just funny, like Ash's eyes not being aligned correctly on the MVP screen while wearing the Sidewinder Elite uniform.
Other, more serious problems are addressed. That includes characters being invisible when a last-minute Operator change is made and the missing revive icon and timer when a hostage is in the DBNO state before being escorted. R6 Credits not showing up after they're purchased has also been resolved.
On the Outbreak side, the bugs addressed are not terribly serious for the most part, although turrets will no longer be rendered unusable (and unable to be picked up) when they run out of ammo. Additionally, Buck will be able to refill the ammo for his Skeleton Key while his secondary weapon is equipped.
You can check out all the changes in the patch notes below, which were shared on Ubisoft's website.
Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 1.1 Update Patch Notes
- Fixed - The operator can be invisible to all users or have a different BDU equipped instead of the selected one when switching operator at the last moment.
- Fixed - All equipped weapon skins, charms, uniforms and headgear (except those awarded by the Season Pass) are reset to default after losing connectivity.
- Fixed - R6 Credits are not received after buying them from Shop.
- Fixed - The Starter Pack discount pop up for Blitz cannot be closed.
- Fixed - Player lose access to Operator from Starter Edition bundles when purchasing Standard Edition.
- Fixed - The play ranked button can be selected for a second after a user below clearance level 20 join the squad.
- Fixed - The Gold Skin for Hibana's P229 is corrupted.
- Fixed - Text overlaps the preview Operator image in Highlights tab from the Shop Menu.
- Fixed - While wearing the Sidewinder Elite uniform, Ash's eyes will be slightly misaligned in the MVP screen.
- Fixed - When the Hostage is DBNO before escort, there is no "revive" icon or timer.
- Fixed - Occasionally, in poor network conditions, Hostage can remain stuck if it enters DBNO while being picked up by a player.
- Fixed - He Grunt Chibi is stuck in the magazine while reloading.
- Fixed - Drone can be placed inside walls of a plane from 3F cockpit stairs on Plane.
- Fixed - During the intro cinematic, the hands of the right-most operator will be misaligned with the weapon.
- Fixed - If a player leaves the sessions during the transition from Part A to Part B, shaders do not load properly
- Fixed - Buck cannot refill his Skeleton Key while holding the secondary weapon.
- Fixed - Outbreak Collection icon is missing from Ash's Operator Card when equipping the Black Viper Elite.
- Fixed - Incorrect victory pose model is shown for the Ash Black Viper Elite in the Collection menu.
- Fixed - Some operators have the Outbreak loadout on the Operator screen.
- Fixed - The Outbreak Collection button does not work.
- Fixed - Operator's voice lines are not heard, nor subtitles displayed when starting the game in a language different from English.
- Fixed - After using all the ammo on the turret, it can't be picked up or interacted with, losing all of its functionality.