A new hotfix update has rolled out for the Xbox One version of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. The patch primarily addresses performance issues but adds a few more features from the PC version of the game--such as BP exchange--as well.
The update mostly seems to be targeted at addressing the framerate issues for PUBG when playing on Xbox One X. Both resolution and texture quality remains the same, but graphical settings have been toned down. You might notice a slight drop in quality when it comes to shadows and reflections but everything else should appear mostly the same, and the game should run more smoothly on Xbox One X. In order to address input lag while in the lobby between matches, the Customization menu has also been updated with an optimized inventory system.
New weapon skins, titled Glory and Trifecta, have also been added to the in-game Store. Glory can only be bought for the AKM and UMP9, while the Trifecta skin only applies to the Scar-L, Micro Uzi, and P92.
BP exchange has also finally come to the Xbox One version of PUBG, but there is a slight catch. You can only exchange weapon skins for BP at the moment. If there's any weapon skin you no longer want, pressing the Y button while hovering over it will transform it into extra BP, which you can then use to purchase other items to customize your character. Different weapon skins have different exchange rates.
The full patch notes can be found on PUBG's website, but we've also listed out the highlights below. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is available for Xbox One and PC, with rumors that it's coming to PS4.
PUBG September 18 Xbox Hotfix
- Shadow Quality (Both Dynamic/Static) lowered
- Post Processing
- Disabled Motion Blur
- Decrease quality of Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO)
- Disabled off Depth of Field
- Disabled off Lens Flare
- Decreased Eyes Adaption Quality
- This is the time it takes for your eyes to adapt to the dark when you go from a bright to a dark place.
- Disabled Screen Space Reflection (SSR)
- This is the reflection from windows and such.
- Disabled Refraction
- This is refracted light.
- Disabled Subsurface Scattering (SSS)
- This is when there is light inside an object to make it look more real.
- Disabled Particle Light
- This is dynamic light from different effects such as explosions.
- Lowered the number of particles created
- BP exchange has been added to weapon skins.
- Pressing the Y button while hovering over the weapon skin in the inventory will exchange that weapon skin for BP.
- Only one skin at a time can be exchanged for BP. BP exchange price will vary with each item. The preview button has been changed to ≡ button
- Fixed an issue where the Russian and Uzbek languages were not displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue where a “Lost connection to host” error would pop up when connecting into a match after previously canceling matchmaking.